|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what campus is Gaines holding hostages?
(a) American University.
(b) Spelman College.
(c) Tulane University.
(d) George Washington University.
2. Where does Kaiser get shot?
(a) The arm.
(b) The leg.
(c) The neck.
(d) The torso.
3. What does Jordan do to the man who tried to kidnap her before he disappears?
(a) Tags him with a tracking device.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Gives him her number.
(d) Takes some photos from him.
4. How long do the doctors want Kaiser to stay in the hospital?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
5. Where are Kaiser and Jordan when the phone interrupts them being intimate?
(a) In the shower.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the car.
(d) In the lobby.
6. How does Wendy end up dying?
(a) She falls into the river and drowns.
(b) She slips and breaks her neck in a freak accident.
(c) The gunman shoots her multiple times.
(d) Wendy doesn't die in this book.
7. What team arrives to help with the hostage situation?
(a) The local news team.
(b) The student conflict resolution team.
(c) The SWAT team.
(d) A team of psychologists.
8. Kaiser and Jordan realize several of the victims have been kidnapped from ___________.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
9. What major event created Wheaton's separate personality?
(a) The death of his mother.
(b) The death of his father.
(c) The death of his baby girl.
(d) The death of his wife.
10. Where does Wheaton live?
(a) In a very fancy underground compound.
(b) In an expensive home loaned to him by a university alumnus.
(c) In Smith's house.
(d) In an RV.
11. Where did the serial killer first start killing people?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
12. What does Smith tell the investigators he has noticed Gaines doing to Laveau?
(a) Taking tons of photos of her.
(b) Tapping her cell phone.
(c) Hitting on her.
(d) Painting her portrait.
13. How does the team learn about Wheaton's spending the night at Smith's house sometimes?
(a) From Laveau.
(b) From an anonymous tipster.
(c) From Juan, his servant.
(d) From Jordan.
14. Who is outside waiting for Jordan after she finishes speaking to Thalia?
(c) Her father.
15. According to Thalia, who abused her growing up?
(a) No one.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jordan and Wendy go walking?
2. Who calls Kaiser when he is at Wal-Mart looking for Gaines?
3. What does the gunman say to Jordan shortly before he disappears?
4. What word does Jordan gasp out as she loses consciousness?
5. How does Gaines die?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)