|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how long do the boys have to take a pop quiz in Keating's class?
2. In Chapter 8, what part does Neil get in the play?
3. Where does Todd go in Chapter 11 after he helps Neil practice his lines for the play?
4. In Chapter 11, what grades is Neil getting?
5. What do Charlie and Gloria do in Chapter 10 after the other boys leave them alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Neil feel after a rehearsal of the play in Chapter 9?
2. How does Neil describe acting?
3. How is the weather described at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 8, why does Neil carry a lampshade to the Dead Poets Society Meeting?
5. What did Todd's dad call him when he was growing up and why?
6. What advice does Keating give Neil about his father's demand that he quit acting?
7. In Chapter 8, what does the cave represent to the boys?
8. Who does Charlie bring to the cave in Chapter 9?
9. Why doesn't McAllister think the boys will turn out to be conformists?
10. What does Charlie name the cave and what does that mean for the future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Knox is invited to a party. What hopes does Knox have when he is invited, and why does the party disappoint him?
Essay Topic 2
Todd is depressed after receiving his birthday present from his parents. Why is Todd depressed after receiving the birthday present?
Essay Topic 3
Nolan has had issues with Keating's teaching style. Does Nolan's conflict with Keating's teaching methods lead to Nolan blaming Keating for Neil's death?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)