|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Keating use to get Todd to create a poem?
2. In Chapter 9, where does Knox find Ginny at the party?
3. In Chapter 11, when do the other boys leave the cave?
4. What do Charlie and Gloria do in Chapter 10 after the other boys leave them alone?
5. What is one of the girl's drinking that Charlie brings to the cave in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nolan speak with Keating in Chapter 10?
2. How is Charlie punished for the article that he put in the school newspaper?
3. Why does a meeting of the Dead Poets Society end abruptly in Chapter 8?
4. What does Charlie name the cave and what does that mean for the future?
5. What advice does Keating give Neil about his father's demand that he quit acting?
6. Why is Todd depressed in Chapter 9?
7. What did Todd's dad call him when he was growing up and why?
8. What does Keating say to Charlie about writing the article?
9. What do Charlie and Gloria do in Chapter 10 after the other boys leave?
10. How does Keating run soccer practice in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Neil's father orders him to quit the play. Why is Neil is so upset that his father wants him to quit?
Essay Topic 2
Neil asks Keating for advice when his father orders him to quit acting. What advice does Keating give and why?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)