|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the girl's drinking that Charlie brings to the cave in Chapter 9?
2. What skill does Keating teach the boys in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 10, how long do the boys have to take a pop quiz in Keating's class?
4. What type of jackets do Todd and Neil wear at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 10, who does Charlie say is making a call to Nolan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Charlie bring to the cave in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 8, what does the cave represent to the boys?
3. Why doesn't McAllister think the boys will turn out to be conformists?
4. How is Charlie punished for the article that he put in the school newspaper?
5. Why does Dean Nolan call an assembly in Chapter 10?
6. What do Charlie and Gloria do in Chapter 10 after the other boys leave?
7. How is the weather described at the beginning of Chapter 11?
8. What is Charlie supposed to do so he won't be expelled for writing the article?
9. Why does Chet beat Knox in Chapter 10?
10. In Chapter 8, what do the boys do while they wait for Todd to join them in the cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
Four boys march around the courtyard during one of Keating's classes. Why does Keating have the boys march around the courtyard?
Essay Topic 3
Knox cannot get over his infatuation with Chris. What does Knox do and why because of this infatuation?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)