|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Keating show on the slide projector while the boys take a pop quiz?
2. How is Charlie punished for putting his article in the school paper?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Knox bring Chris at the high school?
4. In Chapter 10, who does Charlie say is making a call to Nolan?
5. If Neil could get the parts in a lots of plays, how many lives does he think he could live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Todd's dad call him when he was growing up and why?
2. In Chapter 8, what do the boys do while they wait for Todd to join them in the cave?
3. What advice does Keating give Neil about his father's demand that he quit acting?
4. What is Charlie supposed to do so he won't be expelled for writing the article?
5. Why does Chet beat Knox in Chapter 10?
6. Why does Nolan speak with Keating in Chapter 10?
7. Why doesn't McAllister think the boys will turn out to be conformists?
8. In Chapter 8, what does the cave represent to the boys?
9. Why is Todd depressed in Chapter 9?
10. What do Charlie and Gloria do in Chapter 10 after the other boys leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nolan has had issues with Keating's teaching style. Does Nolan's conflict with Keating's teaching methods lead to Nolan blaming Keating for Neil's death?
Essay Topic 2
Knox cannot get over his infatuation with Chris. What does Knox do and why because of this infatuation?
Essay Topic 3
The school is founded upon four pillars or principles. What are the four pillars and why are they important?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)