|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Knox do when Chris tells him to stop bugging her?
2. What do Charlie and Gloria do in Chapter 10 after the other boys leave them alone?
3. Where did Charlie find the girls he brings to the cave in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 11, when do the other boys leave the cave?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Dr. Hager ask the boys to quit doing during dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chet beat Knox in Chapter 10?
2. What advice does Keating give Neil about his father's demand that he quit acting?
3. In Chapter 8, what does the cave represent to the boys?
4. How is the weather described at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What did Todd's dad call him when he was growing up and why?
6. Why does a meeting of the Dead Poets Society end abruptly in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Nolan speak with Keating in Chapter 10?
8. How does Keating run soccer practice in Chapter 8?
9. Why doesn't McAllister think the boys will turn out to be conformists?
10. How does Keating help Todd create a poem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Keating teaches the boys about poetry. What does Keating believe about how poetry should be written and where poetry can be found.
Essay Topic 2
Charlie writes an article for the school paper. What are Nolan and Keating's reactions to the article and why?
Essay Topic 3
Neil's father orders him to quit the play. Why is Neil is so upset that his father wants him to quit?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)