|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neil do when his father says he has to quit the play?
2. What sound interrupts Nolan during an assembly in Chapter 10?
3. What color hair does the director have who is directing the play at Henley Hall?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Keating use to get Todd to create a poem?
5. In Chapter 10 after Charlie's punishment, what does Keating write on the board in big, bold letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Neil describe acting?
2. What did Todd's dad call him when he was growing up and why?
3. In Chapter 8, what does the cave represent to the boys?
4. How does Neil feel after a rehearsal of the play in Chapter 9?
5. What is Charlie supposed to do so he won't be expelled for writing the article?
6. Why is Todd depressed in Chapter 9?
7. Why does Dean Nolan call an assembly in Chapter 10?
8. What does Charlie name the cave and what does that mean for the future?
9. How does Keating run soccer practice in Chapter 8?
10. What advice does Keating give Neil about his father's demand that he quit acting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Keating tells the boys to "seize the day." How does Mr. Keating want the boys to "seize the day" and how do they succeed at the effort?
Essay Topic 2
The novel begins with the opening ceremonies at a private boys school. What do the opening ceremonies reveal about the school?
Essay Topic 3
Neil asks Keating for advice when his father orders him to quit acting. What advice does Keating give and why?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)