|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what floor of the dorm is Mr. Keating's quarters?
2. What sound interrupts Nolan during an assembly in Chapter 10?
3. If Neil could get the parts in a lots of plays, how many lives does he think he could live?
4. How old is the director of the play at Henley Hall?
5. In Chapter 9, how many boys does Keating select to walk around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chet beat Knox in Chapter 10?
2. How does Keating run soccer practice in Chapter 8?
3. What does Neil's father say when Neil tells him the performance is the next night?
4. What is Charlie supposed to do so he won't be expelled for writing the article?
5. How is the weather described at the beginning of Chapter 11?
6. How does Keating help Todd create a poem?
7. Why does Nolan speak with Keating in Chapter 10?
8. What did Todd's dad call him when he was growing up and why?
9. In Chapter 8, what does the cave represent to the boys?
10. Why is Chris glad when Knox calls her in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A topic in Mr. Keating's class is poetry analysis. How does Mr. Keating believe that poetry should be analyzed?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Keating tells the boys to "seize the day." How does Mr. Keating want the boys to "seize the day" and how do they succeed at the effort?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)