|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Welton Academy been in existence by Chapter 1?
2. When is Neil Perry supposed to work on the school annual?
3. Who used to own the book that Neil finds on his desk in Chapter 7?
4. What does Neil's father want him to do when he graduates from the Academy?
5. Who is Welton's oldest living graduate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neil's father inform him at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What is Latin class like the first day of school for the juniors?
3. What is the dorm room like that Todd and Neil share?
4. What happened during a case that Knox's father and Mr. Danburry worked on together?
5. How do the boys prepare to go find the cave where the Dead Poets Society was held?
6. Why does Keating stand on his desk in Chapter 7?
7. How did Chris meet Chet Danburry?
8. Why does a teacher tell the boys to slow down at the beginning of Chapter 2?
9. How do various parents say good-bye to their sons?
10. What is chemistry class like the first day for the juniors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Neil asks Keating for advice when his father orders him to quit acting. What advice does Keating give and why?
Essay Topic 2
The school is founded upon four pillars or principles. What are the four pillars and why are they important?
Essay Topic 3
The novel begins with the opening ceremonies at a private boys school. What do the opening ceremonies reveal about the school?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)