|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how many problems do the juniors have to do for chemistry from Chapter 1?
2. How many boys attend Welton Academy?
3. What does the candle mean that is carried at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What subject does Todd decide he needs to study in Chapter 5, rather than attending a study group?
5. Where is Welton Academy located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is chemistry class like the first day for the juniors?
2. Why are the juniors waiting in the Academy Honor room?
3. How did Chris meet Chet Danburry?
4. What do Neil, Charlie, and Knox's parents want their sons to do for careers?
5. What is the dorm room like that Todd and Neil share?
6. How do the boys prepare to go find the cave where the Dead Poets Society was held?
7. Why does a teacher tell the boys to slow down at the beginning of Chapter 2?
8. Why does Keating stand on his desk in Chapter 7?
9. What does Neil learn about Mr. Keating from Keating's senior annual?
10. What does Mr. Keating do after he has Neil read the introduction of "Understanding Poetry"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Todd is depressed after receiving his birthday present from his parents. Why is Todd depressed after receiving the birthday present?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 3
Knox cannot get over his infatuation with Chris. What does Knox do and why because of this infatuation?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)