|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students graduated from Welton Academy the first year it was established?
2. In Chapter 5 after lunch, what class do the juniors have?
3. How many boys carry banners at the beginning of Chapter1?
4. In Chapter 5, what time is Knox to return to school after meeting with the Danburrys?
5. How old is Gale Nolan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Neil, Charlie, and Knox's parents want their sons to do for careers?
2. Why does Keating say that one reads poetry?
3. Why are the juniors waiting in the Academy Honor room?
4. How do various parents say good-bye to their sons?
5. Why has Todd transferred to Welton?
6. How do the boys prepare to go find the cave where the Dead Poets Society was held?
7. What does Mr. Keating do after he has Neil read the introduction of "Understanding Poetry"?
8. What is the dorm room like that Todd and Neil share?
9. What is Latin class like the first day of school for the juniors?
10. What does Neil's father inform him at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie writes an article for the school paper. What are Nolan and Keating's reactions to the article and why?
Essay Topic 2
Parents are present for the opening ceremonies at Welton. What is revealed about family relationships during and after the opening ceremonies?
Essay Topic 3
Neil's father orders him to quit the play. Why is Neil is so upset that his father wants him to quit?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)