|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what play does Chris suggest Ginny try out for?
2. Where do Neil and Todd go for their first class in Chapter 4?
3. How many students graduated from Welton Academy the first year it was established?
4. How many of last year's graduates from Welton Academy went on to Ivy League schools?
5. What accent does Mr. McAllister have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Keating when he pops his head back into the classroom?
2. What happened during a case that Knox's father and Mr. Danburry worked on together?
3. What does Mr. Keating say about the Dead Poets Society?
4. What is chemistry class like the first day for the juniors?
5. How do the boys prepare to go find the cave where the Dead Poets Society was held?
6. What do the boys begin to do in Chapter 7 as Pits reads?
7. What does Neil's father inform him at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. What do Neil, Charlie, and Knox's parents want their sons to do for careers?
9. Why does Mr. Keating take the junior boys to the Honor Room on the first day of classes?
10. What is Latin class like the first day of school for the juniors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Knox cannot get over his infatuation with Chris. What does Knox do and why because of this infatuation?
Essay Topic 2
Neil ends his life. What causes Neil to commit suicide?
Essay Topic 3
Neil decides to try out for a part in a play. What lengths does Neil go to to keep his father and school officials from finding out that he is acting?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)