|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has John Keating, the new English teacher, taught before coming to teach at Welton Academy?
2. In Chapter 4, how many problems do the juniors have to do for chemistry from Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 5, who wants a study group right after dinner?
4. What subject did Neil Perry have to take in summer school?
5. In Chapter 7, what did the boys use to prop the rear door of their dorm open?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society begin?
2. What is Latin class like the first day of school for the juniors?
3. What happened during a case that Knox's father and Mr. Danburry worked on together?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Keating when he pops his head back into the classroom?
5. What is chemistry class like the first day for the juniors?
6. Why does Keating say that one reads poetry?
7. How does Knox get to the Danburry's home?
8. What is the dorm room like that Todd and Neil share?
9. What do Neil, Charlie, and Knox's parents want their sons to do for careers?
10. How did Chris meet Chet Danburry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Neil's father orders him to quit the play. Why is Neil is so upset that his father wants him to quit?
Essay Topic 2
Neil decides to try out for a part in a play. What lengths does Neil go to to keep his father and school officials from finding out that he is acting?
Essay Topic 3
Todd creates a poem in class. What does the poem reveal about Todd?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)