|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what play does Chris suggest Ginny try out for?
2. What do the flags say that are carried in the procession in Chapter 1?
3. What book is on Neil's desk when he returns to his room in Chapter 7?
4. Who is Welton's oldest living graduate?
5. In Chapter 7, what did the boys use to prop the rear door of their dorm open?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Neil learn about Mr. Keating from Keating's senior annual?
2. How does the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society begin?
3. How does the convocation proceed in Chapter 1?
4. What do Neil, Charlie, and Knox's parents want their sons to do for careers?
5. What happened during a case that Knox's father and Mr. Danburry worked on together?
6. In Chapter 7, what does Keating when he pops his head back into the classroom?
7. Why does Keating say that one reads poetry?
8. What does Todd say when he is assigned his extracurricular activities for the year?
9. Why has Todd transferred to Welton?
10. Why does Mr. Keating take the junior boys to the Honor Room on the first day of classes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Todd is depressed after receiving his birthday present from his parents. Why is Todd depressed after receiving the birthday present?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Keating stands on his desk during a class. What does Mr. Keating hope to teach the boys by standing on his desk?
Essay Topic 3
A topic in Mr. Keating's class is poetry analysis. How does Mr. Keating believe that poetry should be analyzed?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)