|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who conducts the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society?
2. Who takes the minutes for the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society?
3. What type of trees are in the forest the boys go through on their way to the cave in Chapter 7?
4. How many members are there in the junior class at the Academy?
5. How many students go up and down the stairway in the Academy Honor Room at one time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the juniors waiting in the Academy Honor room?
2. What happened during a case that Knox's father and Mr. Danburry worked on together?
3. Why does Keating say that one reads poetry?
4. How does the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society begin?
5. How do the boys prepare to go find the cave where the Dead Poets Society was held?
6. Why has Todd transferred to Welton?
7. Why does a teacher tell the boys to slow down at the beginning of Chapter 2?
8. Why does Mr. Keating take the junior boys to the Honor Room on the first day of classes?
9. What is the dorm room like that Todd and Neil share?
10. What does Mr. Keating do after he has Neil read the introduction of "Understanding Poetry"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Todd is depressed after receiving his birthday present from his parents. Why is Todd depressed after receiving the birthday present?
Essay Topic 2
The novel begins with the opening ceremonies at a private boys school. What do the opening ceremonies reveal about the school?
Essay Topic 3
Neil ends his life. What causes Neil to commit suicide?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)