|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neil bring to the cave in Chapter 8?
(c) Candy bars.
(d) Small painted statue.
2. What does Neil do when his father says he has to quit the play?
(a) Pounds on his desk.
(b) Hits his father.
3. In Chapter 11, when do the other boys leave the cave?
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) When the curfew bell rings.
4. In Chapter 8, what part does Neil get in the play?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Knox do when Chris tells him to stop bugging her?
(a) Kisses her.
(c) Goes into her classroom and reads his poem to her.
(d) Grabs her and reads the poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does one of the girls call the guys as they sit around the fire?
2. In Chapter 9, what are Cameron and three other students doing while Charlie is punished?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Keating use to get Todd to create a poem?
4. Who does Knox find himself seated next to at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what do the boys do before they start the Dead Poets Society meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Charlie punished for the article that he put in the school newspaper?
2. Why does Dean Nolan call an assembly in Chapter 10?
3. How is the weather described at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. Why does Chet beat Knox in Chapter 10?
5. Why does a meeting of the Dead Poets Society end abruptly in Chapter 8?
6. What do Charlie and Gloria do in Chapter 10 after the other boys leave?
7. In Chapter 8, why does Neil carry a lampshade to the Dead Poets Society Meeting?
8. Why is Todd depressed in Chapter 9?
9. Why is Chris glad when Knox calls her in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Nolan speak with Keating in Chapter 10?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)