|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accent does Mr. McAllister have?
2. What poem is Pitts instructed to read in Chapter 4?
(a) "Lyrics and Idyls."
(b) "Rhymes of Childhood."
(c) "To the Virgins, To Make Much of Time."
(d) "At Sundown."
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who joins Keating at the teachers' dining table?
(d) Gym master.
4. What is the name of the English teacher who retired?
(a) Mr. Williamson.
(b) Mr. Portius.
(c) Mr. Davies.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
5. When did Welton's oldest living graduate graduate from the Academy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students graduated last year from Welton Academy?
2. In Chapter 4, how many lab experiments are the juniors to do and report on one every five weeks?
3. How is the Academy Honor Room decorated?
4. Where has John Keating, the new English teacher, taught before coming to teach at Welton Academy?
5. How many students graduated from Welton Academy the first year it was established?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Neil, Charlie, and Knox's parents want their sons to do for careers?
2. Why does Keating stand on his desk in Chapter 7?
3. Why does a teacher tell the boys to slow down at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What does Neil's father inform him at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What does Neil learn about Mr. Keating from Keating's senior annual?
6. How does Knox get to the Danburry's home?
7. What happened during a case that Knox's father and Mr. Danburry worked on together?
8. In Chapter 7, what does Keating when he pops his head back into the classroom?
9. What is chemistry class like the first day for the juniors?
10. How do the boys prepare to go find the cave where the Dead Poets Society was held?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)