|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Todd Anderson wish to play at Welton?
2. How many members are there in the junior class at the Academy?
3. In Chapter 5, what poet does Keating quote?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
(d) Walter de la Mare.
4. What subject does Dr. Hager teach the juniors?
(c) Analytic Geometry.
5. What instrument is played at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Ulysses," one of the poems the boys read for the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society?
2. Why does Keating say that language was invented?
3. In Chapter 5, what time is Knox to return to school after meeting with the Danburrys?
4. In Chapter 7, what did the boys use to prop the rear door of their dorm open?
5. What do the boys hear and see as they gather when they get ready for the trek to the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Keating say that one reads poetry?
2. Why are the juniors waiting in the Academy Honor room?
3. How does Knox get to the Danburry's home?
4. What does Todd say when he is assigned his extracurricular activities for the year?
5. How do various parents say good-bye to their sons?
6. What is Latin class like the first day of school for the juniors?
7. How did Chris meet Chet Danburry?
8. What does Mr. Keating say about the Dead Poets Society?
9. How does the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society begin?
10. What does Neil's father inform him at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)