|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has John Keating, the new English teacher, taught before coming to teach at Welton Academy?
(a) Chester School.
(b) Ambleside School.
(c) Watkins School.
(d) Riverside School.
2. What book is on Neil's desk when he returns to his room in Chapter 7?
(a) Poems by Whitman.
(b) Chemistry text.
(c) Poems by Thoreau.
(d) Poetry anthology.
3. In Chapter 4, how many problems do the juniors have to do for chemistry from Chapter 1?
4. Who used to own the book that Neil finds on his desk in Chapter 7?
(b) Todd's father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. What instrument is played at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students go up and down the stairway in the Academy Honor Room at one time?
2. How is the Academy Honor Room decorated?
3. Who wrote the phrase "sucking the marrow out of life"?
4. In Chapter 3, what time does Charlie want to host a study session in his room?
5. What does the candle mean that is carried at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Keating say that one reads poetry?
2. What does Neil's father inform him at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What is chemistry class like the first day for the juniors?
4. How does the convocation proceed in Chapter 1?
5. How did Chris meet Chet Danburry?
6. What do Neil, Charlie, and Knox's parents want their sons to do for careers?
7. What is Latin class like the first day of school for the juniors?
8. Why are the juniors waiting in the Academy Honor room?
9. Why does Keating stand on his desk in Chapter 7?
10. What does Todd say when he is assigned his extracurricular activities for the year?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)