|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Keating say that language was invented?
(a) To communicate.
(b) To laugh.
(c) To write.
(d) To woo women.
2. How many members are there in the junior class at the Academy?
3. Where has John Keating, the new English teacher, taught before coming to teach at Welton Academy?
(a) Ambleside School.
(b) Riverside School.
(c) Chester School.
(d) Watkins School.
4. What sport did Mr. Keating participate in when he was a student at Welton?
5. In Chapter 6, when does Keating say the last meeting of the Dead Poets Society was held?
(a) 17 years ago.
(b) 15 years ago.
(c) 18 years ago.
(d) 20 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys meet for the trek to the cave in Chapter 7?
2. How old is Ginny Danburry?
3. Who wrote "Ulysses," one of the poems the boys read for the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society?
4. What do the boys hear and see as they gather when they get ready for the trek to the cave?
5. How is the Academy Honor Room decorated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during a case that Knox's father and Mr. Danburry worked on together?
2. How does the convocation proceed in Chapter 1?
3. How did Chris meet Chet Danburry?
4. What is chemistry class like the first day for the juniors?
5. Why does Keating say that one reads poetry?
6. In Chapter 7, what does Keating when he pops his head back into the classroom?
7. What does Todd say when he is assigned his extracurricular activities for the year?
8. What does Neil's father inform him at the beginning of Chapter 3?
9. How does the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society begin?
10. What do the boys begin to do in Chapter 7 as Pits reads?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)