|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Keating show on the slide projector while the boys take a pop quiz?
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) Beautiful scenery.
2. What did Nolan used to teach at Welton?
3. In Chapter 11, when do the other boys leave the cave?
(b) When the curfew bell rings.
(c) 1 a.m.
4. What does Neil do when his father says he has to quit the play?
(a) Pounds on his desk.
(b) Hits his father.
5. In Chapter 9, what does one of the girls call the guys as they sit around the fire?
(c) Smarty pants.
6. In Chapter 11, what grades is Neil getting?
(b) All As.
(c) As and Bs.
(d) Bs and Cs.
7. Who said, "Only the contest made me a poet, a sophist, an orator"?
8. In Chapter 8, why does Neil leave the Dead Poets Society meeting before the other boys?
(a) To go to the play tryouts.
(b) To study.
(c) To do detention.
(d) To work on the school paper.
9. What is one of the girl's drinking that Charlie brings to the cave in Chapter 9?
10. What do Charlie and Gloria do in Chapter 10 after the other boys leave them alone?
(a) Make out.
(b) Read poetry.
(d) Draw on the cave wall.
11. In Chapter 10, what does Charlie want the boys to show Tina?
12. What music is playing at the Danburry house at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Chuck Berry.
(b) Buddy Holly.
(c) Little Richard.
13. How is Charlie punished for putting his article in the school paper?
(a) Write a paper.
14. In Chapter 9, how does Neil get to rehearsals at Henley Hall?
15. How does Neil say that he feels now that he is acting in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Charlie find the girls he brings to the cave in Chapter 9?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, when does the Dead Poets Society meet?
3. Where does Todd go in Chapter 11 after he helps Neil practice his lines for the play?
4. What does Neil bring to the cave in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 11, what excuse does Neil use not to dine together with the rest of the society pledges?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)