|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did Mr. Keating participate in when he was a student at Welton?
2. Who used to own the book that Neil finds on his desk in Chapter 7?
(a) His mother.
(c) Todd's father.
(d) His father.
3. Where is Todd Anderson go to school before he enrolled at Welton?
4. How old is Todd Anderson?
5. When did Welton's oldest living graduate graduate from the Academy?
6. In Chapter 5, who does the gym master say needs to lose some weight?
7. What subject does Dr. Hager teach the juniors?
(d) Analytic Geometry.
8. How many of last year's graduates from Welton Academy went on to Ivy League schools?
(a) 91 percent.
(b) 75 percent.
(c) 84 percent.
(d) 55 percent.
9. When did John Dryden live?
10. Where do the boys meet for the trek to the cave in Chapter 7?
(a) Oak tree.
(b) Walnut tree.
(c) Maple tree.
(d) Elm tree.
11. How many students graduated last year from Welton Academy?
12. Who is the second pledge to read at the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society?
13. In Chapter 5 after lunch, what class do the juniors have?
(d) Physical education.
14. What car does Chet ask to borrow in Chapter 5?
15. In Chapter 5, what poet does Keating quote?
(a) Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
(b) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(c) Walt Whitman.
(d) Walter de la Mare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Welton Academy located?
2. How old is Ginny Danburry?
3. How many students graduated from Welton Academy the first year it was established?
4. In Chapter 7, what did the boys use to prop the rear door of their dorm open?
5. What poem is Pitts instructed to read in Chapter 4?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)