|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Neil Perry supposed to work on the school annual?
(a) Second semester.
(b) Next year.
(c) This year.
(d) First semester.
2. What do the boys hear and see as they gather when they get ready for the trek to the cave?
(b) School hunting-dog.
(c) Stray dog.
3. How long has Welton Academy been in existence by Chapter 1?
(a) 125 years.
(b) 150 years.
(c) 75 years.
(d) 100 years.
4. How many students graduated from Welton Academy the first year it was established?
5. When did W. E. Henley live?
6. How many students graduated last year from Welton Academy?
7. What book is on Neil's desk when he returns to his room in Chapter 7?
(a) Chemistry text.
(b) Poetry anthology.
(c) Poems by Whitman.
(d) Poems by Thoreau.
8. What sport does Todd Anderson wish to play at Welton?
9. What does Keating assign the juniors for homework over the weekend in Chapter 7?
(a) Write a paper.
(b) Read 6 chapters in the text.
(c) Essay and poem.
(d) Short story.
10. In Chapter 7, who leads the group from the cave and into the night dancing and howling?
11. Where is Welton Academy located?
(d) New Hampshire.
12. Where do the boys meet for the trek to the cave in Chapter 7?
(a) Elm tree.
(b) Oak tree.
(c) Maple tree.
(d) Walnut tree.
13. How many of last year's graduates from Welton Academy went on to Ivy League schools?
(a) 55 percent.
(b) 91 percent.
(c) 84 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
14. How old is Ginny Danburry?
15. When did Welton's oldest living graduate graduate from the Academy?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who wants a study group right after dinner?
2. Who takes Knox Overstreet to the Danburry's home in Chapter 5?
3. What is Mrs. Danburry's first name?
4. What does the candle mean that is carried at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the English teacher who retired?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)