|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Neil Perry have to take in summer school?
(b) Advanced Biology.
2. What is the name of the English teacher who retired?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
(b) Mr. Williamson.
(c) Mr. Portius.
(d) Mr. Davies.
3. How many students go up and down the stairway in the Academy Honor Room at one time?
4. What accent does Mr. McAllister have?
5. What poem is Pitts instructed to read in Chapter 4?
(a) "To the Virgins, To Make Much of Time."
(b) "At Sundown."
(c) "Lyrics and Idyls."
(d) "Rhymes of Childhood."
6. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who joins Keating at the teachers' dining table?
(d) Gym master.
7. Who used to own the book that Neil finds on his desk in Chapter 7?
(a) Todd's father.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
8. When did Welton's oldest living graduate graduate from the Academy?
9. Where is Welton Academy located?
(b) New Hampshire.
10. In Chapter 5, what time is Knox to return to school after meeting with the Danburrys?
11. How many members are there in the junior class at the Academy?
12. How long has Welton Academy been in existence by Chapter 1?
(a) 125 years.
(b) 150 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 75 years.
13. Where is Todd Anderson go to school before he enrolled at Welton?
14. What sport does Todd Anderson wish to play at Welton?
15. In Chapter 5, what play does Chris suggest Ginny try out for?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Taming of the Shrew.
(d) A Midsummer's Night's Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Ulysses," one of the poems the boys read for the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society?
2. How long does Neil read the book he finds on his desk in Chapter 7?
3. What subject does Todd decide he needs to study in Chapter 5, rather than attending a study group?
4. In Chapter 4, how many lab experiments are the juniors to do and report on one every five weeks?
5. Where do the boys meet for the trek to the cave in Chapter 7?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)