|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of last year's graduates from Welton Academy went on to Ivy League schools?
(a) 55 percent.
(b) 84 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 91 percent.
2. Who takes Knox Overstreet to the Danburry's home in Chapter 5?
(a) Dean Nolan.
(b) Mr. Keating.
(c) Dr. Hager.
(d) Mr. McAllister.
3. How many students go up and down the stairway in the Academy Honor Room at one time?
4. Who wrote "O Captain! My Captain!"?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Abraham LIncoln.
(c) Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
(d) Walt Whitman.
5. How many students graduated last year from Welton Academy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the candle mean that is carried at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How old is Todd Anderson?
3. In Chapter 5, what poet does Keating quote?
4. Who takes the minutes for the first meeting of the Welton Chapter of the Dead Poets Society?
5. In Chapter 5, who does the gym master say needs to lose some weight?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)