|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Eight and Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert say he signed a confession?
(a) The police told him they would torture him.
(b) The police told him they would arrest his mother.
(c) The police told him he would receive more leniant sentence.
(d) The police told him he couldn't get a lawyer until he did so.
2. What is the name of Faith Hathaway's mother?
3. What does Patrick mouth to Helen before he dies?
(a) I love you.
(b) I will be back.
(c) See you soon.
(d) Thank you.
4. What did Paul Phelps design?
(a) Death row.
(b) The White House.
(c) The electric chair.
(d) The modern execution process.
5. Who does Robert tell Helen he doesn't plan to be chummy with?
(a) The guards.
(c) Faith's parents.
(d) His siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hearing Millard decides is best that Patrick does not attend?
2. What does John say would be a mistake to bring up at Robert's hearing?
3. How does Phelps excuse himself for his responsibility in Patrick's death?
4. What is Helen not allowed while in the death house?
5. Who warned the jury against sentencing Robert to life in prison?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)