Chapters One and Two
• Sister Prejean agrees to become a pen pal with a prisoner and starts writing to a man in the Louisiana State Penitentiary called Elmo Patrick Sonnier.
• Patrick's imprisonment and background makes Helen question her own life. She wonders what would have happened to her if she had not had such a supportive family.
• Helen reads Patrick's court files. On November 7, 1977 he and his brother Eddie shot to death a teenage couple. Later other couples came forward, they had also been threatened and molested by the two men. Patrick was sentenced as he was the man who pulled the trigger.
• Patrick begins the process to get Helen approved on his visitor's list and become his spiritual adviser. On September the 15th Helen viists Patrick for the first time.
• Patrick tells Helen he has had a series of bad relationships with women, but does have a...
This section contains 1,506 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)