Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Diz do for his friend, Pico?
2. What does Fr. Cavanaugh reveal when he says that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
3. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
4. What rumor does the attorney tell Diz about Cruz?
5. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book DEAD IRISH? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Dismas. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)