|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lawyer handling the lawsuit against Cruz Publishing?
2. What does Fr. Cavanaugh do when Rose challenges him on the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
3. Alphonse waits at the airport to board a plane to ____________.
4. Who is the cousin with whom Alphonse is traveling?
5. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
DEAD IRISH is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Lescroarts is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)