Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Diz do for his friend, Pico?
2. What does Fr. Cavanaugh reveal when he says that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
3. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
4. What rumor does the attorney tell Diz about Cruz?
5. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Lescroarts is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
DEAD IRISH is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)