|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
2. What was one of the things that Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh tried to accomplish at Berkeley?
3. Arturo Cruz says that Eddie's body was _____________ at Cruz' building.
4. At what university had Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh met before?
5. Which of the following does Fr. Cavanaugh NOT tell Diz as they sit at the bar?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)