Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Diz do for his friend, Pico?
2. What does Fr. Cavanaugh reveal when he says that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
3. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
4. What rumor does the attorney tell Diz about Cruz?
5. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Dismas, Jane, and the Cochrans. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)