|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arturo Cruz says that Eddie's body was _____________ at Cruz' building.
2. Whose voice does Diz realize is on the 911 call reporting Eddie's body?
3. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
4. What was one of the things that Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh tried to accomplish at Berkeley?
5. What does Nika do after Linda's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
2. Why does Dismas go to the small town of Gonzalez?
3. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
4. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
5. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
6. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
7. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
8. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
9. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
10. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Abe. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Dismas, Jane, and the Cochrans. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book DEAD IRISH? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)