|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diz tell Frannie that lifts her spirits regarding Eddie's death?
2. Alphonse goes to Linda Polk's apartment to ___________________.
3. What favor does Diz do for his friend, Pico?
4. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
5. Why does Fr. Cavanaugh say that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
2. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
3. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
4. What were Arturo Cruz' reasons for lying to the police about his knowledge of Eddie's death?
5. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
6. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
7. How does Dismas finally know who had made the 911 call reporting Eddie's death?
8. What feeling does Dismas get that Eddie's death has not been related to a drug deal or trouble at work?
9. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
10. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pico. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Pico's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Lescroarts is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)