|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sam's body found?
2. Who kills Linda Polk?
3. Who is the lawyer handling the lawsuit against Cruz Publishing?
4. Arturo Cruz says that Eddie's body was _____________ at Cruz' building.
5. At dinner, Diz and Jane talk about their divorce and __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
2. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
3. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
4. What does Big Ed share with Dismas about Father Cavanaugh and his place in the Cochran family?
5. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
6. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
7. What advice does Dismas get from his former father-in-law, Judge Fowler, about the case?
8. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
9. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
10. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
Lescroarts is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)