|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
2. Who kills Linda Polk?
3. Who does Diz need to see when he is unable to find the answers in Eddie's death?
4. Instead of Sunday night, when does Rose recall Fr. Cavanaugh's last meeting with Eddie Cochran?
5. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
2. What feeling does Dismas get that Eddie's death has not been related to a drug deal or trouble at work?
3. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
4. What were Arturo Cruz' reasons for lying to the police about his knowledge of Eddie's death?
5. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
6. What advice does Dismas get from his former father-in-law, Judge Fowler, about the case?
7. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
8. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
9. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
10. Why does Dismas go to the small town of Gonzalez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Dismas, Jane, and the Cochrans. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Dismas. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)