|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Diz NOT think about Fr. Cavanaugh?
2. What message does Abe leave on Diz' home answering machine?
3. What is the name of the small town Diz is summoned to in Chapter 16?
4. Whose voice does Diz realize is on the 911 call reporting Eddie's body?
5. What does Alphonse leave at the scene of Linda's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dismas go to the small town of Gonzalez?
2. What advice does Dismas get from his former father-in-law, Judge Fowler, about the case?
3. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
4. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
5. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
6. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
7. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
8. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
9. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
10. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pico. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Pico's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Lescroart use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)