|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abe tell Alphonse that panics him a little bit?
2. Arturo Cruz says that Eddie's body was _____________ at Cruz' building.
3. Who suspects that Fr. Cavanaugh may be wrong about the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
4. What favor does Diz do for his friend, Pico?
5. Alphonse goes to Linda Polk's apartment to ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dismas finally know who had made the 911 call reporting Eddie's death?
2. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
3. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
4. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
5. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
6. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
7. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
8. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
9. What does Big Ed share with Dismas about Father Cavanaugh and his place in the Cochran family?
10. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Lescroart use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)