|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Linda Polk?
2. Where does Abe meet with Fr. Cavanaugh?
3. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
4. Who is the Drug Enforcement Agency agent who meets with Abe regarding the drug deal?
5. What happened to make Diz essentially drop out of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
2. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
3. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
4. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
5. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
6. Why does Dismas go to the small town of Gonzalez?
7. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
8. What does Big Ed share with Dismas about Father Cavanaugh and his place in the Cochran family?
9. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
10. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)