|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Drug Enforcement Agency agent who meets with Abe regarding the drug deal?
2. How can Arturo prove he did not kill Eddie Cochran?
3. What does Abe tell Alphonse that panics him a little bit?
4. Who inadvertently tells Big Ed that Frannie is pregnant?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Erin Cochran is dealing with in the aftermath of Eddie's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
2. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
3. How does Dismas finally know who had made the 911 call reporting Eddie's death?
4. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
5. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
6. What does Big Ed share with Dismas about Father Cavanaugh and his place in the Cochran family?
7. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
8. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
9. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
10. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Dismas, Jane, and the Cochrans. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book DEAD IRISH? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)