|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Diz blame for his son's death?
2. At dinner, Diz and Jane talk about their divorce and __________________.
3. Where is Sam's body found?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Erin Cochran is dealing with in the aftermath of Eddie's death?
5. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
2. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
3. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
4. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
5. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
6. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
7. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
8. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
9. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
10. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book DEAD IRISH? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Lescroart use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)