|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Diz realize is on the 911 call reporting Eddie's body?
2. How did Diz and Jane's son die?
3. Who did Alphonse play basketball against on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
4. How does Steven Cochran feel about his place in his family?
5. Who is Arturo Cruz' lover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Lescroarts is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)