|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Diz need to see when he is unable to find the answers in Eddie's death?
2. When does Fr. Cavanaugh say is the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
3. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
4. Which of the following does Diz NOT think about Fr. Cavanaugh?
5. Where does Sam go when he cannot sleep for worrying about the money in his safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
2. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
3. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
4. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
5. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
6. Why does Dismas go to the small town of Gonzalez?
7. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
8. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
9. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
10. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)