|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
2. Who does Diz need to see when he is unable to find the answers in Eddie's death?
3. How can Arturo prove he did not kill Eddie Cochran?
4. What is the name of Diz and Jane's son?
5. Which of the following does Diz NOT think about Fr. Cavanaugh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of greed. Identify at least two themes about greed in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)