Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Diz do for his friend, Pico?
2. What does Fr. Cavanaugh reveal when he says that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
3. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
4. What rumor does the attorney tell Diz about Cruz?
5. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)