|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam Polk fail to show up for his meeting with Diz and Abe?
2. Who did Alphonse play basketball against on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
3. Alphonse waits at the airport to board a plane to ____________.
4. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
5. Who inadvertently tells Big Ed that Frannie is pregnant?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
DEAD IRISH is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)