|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fr. Cavanaugh reveal when he says that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
2. What does Abe tell Alphonse that panics him a little bit?
3. Who inadvertently tells Big Ed that Frannie is pregnant?
4. How does Steven Cochran feel about his place in his family?
5. Who is the lawyer handling the lawsuit against Cruz Publishing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Abe. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Lescroart's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)