|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Linda feel about her father's new marriage?
2. Where does Dismas attend a ballgame?
3. What is Diz' ex-wife's name?
4. Why is it bad for Eddie's death to be ruled a suicide?
5. How is Stephen Cochran best characterized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
2. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
3. What does Dismas surmise about Linda Polk's feelings about her father's new marriage?
4. What is the nature of Father Cavanaugh's relationship with Eddie Cochran's mother, Erin?
5. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
6. What tragedy occurs when Dismas goes to the Giants game at Candlestick Park?
7. What does Dismas learn from Linda Polk about the troubles of Army Distributing?
8. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
9. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
10. What is the premise of DEAD IRISH?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the family in DEAD IRISH. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family of most Irish families living during the late-20th century in America?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pico. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Pico's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)