|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Erin Cochran's opinion of Eddie's death?
2. What was written on the note left by Eddie Cochran?
3. Which of the following occupations has Dismas NOT had?
4. What does Glitsky hope Dismas will do?
5. Who is Sam Polk's new wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
2. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
3. What does Moses ask Dismas to do about Eddie's death and what does he offer him in return?
4. How does Dismas finally know who had made the 911 call reporting Eddie's death?
5. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
6. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
7. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
8. How does the medical examiner rule on Eddie's death and what leeway does Abe Glitsky give Dismas regarding the case?
9. Why does Frannie think that her pregnancy may have been a factor if Eddie did indeed commit suicide?
10. In addition to killing Eddie and Rose, who else does Dismas discover that Father Cavanaugh had killed?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
DEAD IRISH is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Lescroarts is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,826 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)