|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Polk's daughter?
2. What position in the police department is Carl Griffin hoping to get?
3. Who is the woman who takes care of the rectory?
4. How does Dismas know Abe?
5. Why are Griffin and Glitsky not putting much effort into Eddie's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
2. What is one line of thinking for why Eddie may have killed himself in the parking lot at Arturo Cruz' business?
3. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
4. What is the premise of DEAD IRISH?
5. What is the irony of Dismas seeming to come to life again while investigating Eddie's death?
6. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
7. What tragedy occurs when Dismas goes to the Giants game at Candlestick Park?
8. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
9. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
10. What does Dismas surmise about Linda Polk's feelings about her father's new marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Abe. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Lescroart use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pico. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Pico's character in the novel?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)