|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had introduced Ed and Erin Cochran when they were young?
2. What does Moses offer Dismas as an incentive to help with the murder case?
3. Where does Big Ed spend much of his time in the days after Eddie's death?
4. What does Glitsky hope Dismas will do?
5. What position in the police department is Carl Griffin hoping to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moses ask Dismas to do about Eddie's death and what does he offer him in return?
2. What is the nature of Father Cavanaugh's relationship with Eddie Cochran's mother, Erin?
3. What is one line of thinking for why Eddie may have killed himself in the parking lot at Arturo Cruz' business?
4. What does Father Cavanaugh tell Dismas about Eddie's concerns about what was going on at Army Distributing?
5. What is the premise of DEAD IRISH?
6. Who is Abe Glitsky and how does he know Dismas?
7. What does Dismas learn from Linda Polk about the troubles of Army Distributing?
8. Why is Father Cavanaugh's quasi-confession to Dismas so important?
9. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
10. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Lescroart's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pico. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Pico's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)