|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eddie's younger brother?
2. What is the mortuary where Eddie Cochran's body is taken?
3. Who does Mr. Cruz think Dismas is?
4. Who is Eddie Cochran's wife?
5. Why are Griffin and Glitsky not putting much effort into Eddie's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
2. What is the nature of Father Cavanaugh's relationship with Eddie Cochran's mother, Erin?
3. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
4. What tragedy occurs when Dismas goes to the Giants game at Candlestick Park?
5. How does the medical examiner rule on Eddie's death and what leeway does Abe Glitsky give Dismas regarding the case?
6. What does Steven Cochran do when it seems as if Eddie has even eclipsed him in death?
7. What does Moses ask Dismas to do about Eddie's death and what does he offer him in return?
8. Why does Father Cavanaugh think he is responsible for Eddie's death?
9. What is the irony of Dismas seeming to come to life again while investigating Eddie's death?
10. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book DEAD IRISH? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
DEAD IRISH is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Lescroart uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)