|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the publication which had been Army Distributing's major account?
2. How old is Linda Polk?
3. How does Linda feel about her father's new marriage?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Fr. Cavanaugh and Erin Cochran?
5. What is Dismas' current occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
2. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
3. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
4. Why does Frannie think that her pregnancy may have been a factor if Eddie did indeed commit suicide?
5. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
6. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
7. What does Dismas surmise about Linda Polk's feelings about her father's new marriage?
8. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
9. What is the dynamic of the Cochran family as presented after Eddie's death?
10. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
DEAD IRISH is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Abe. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)