|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eddie Cochran's wife?
2. Why does Dismas not believe that Eddie killed himself?
3. Why does Dismas think Nika married Sam?
4. Who is the main character in DEAD IRISH?
5. Whose death does Dismas Hardy investigate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frannie think that her pregnancy may have been a factor if Eddie did indeed commit suicide?
2. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
3. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
4. What does Steven Cochran do when it seems as if Eddie has even eclipsed him in death?
5. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
6. What is one line of thinking for why Eddie may have killed himself in the parking lot at Arturo Cruz' business?
7. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
8. What tragedy occurs when Dismas goes to the Giants game at Candlestick Park?
9. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
10. What is the dynamic of the Cochran family as presented after Eddie's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lescroart uses more than one instance of irony in the play. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pico. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Pico's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Lescroart's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)