|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moses offer Dismas as an incentive to help with the murder case?
2. What does Glitsky hope Dismas will do?
3. How does Dismas know Abe?
4. What is Jane's father's profession?
5. Where does Dismas visit Frannie Cochran?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
2. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
3. What tragedy occurs when Dismas goes to the Giants game at Candlestick Park?
4. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
5. What does Dismas surmise about Linda Polk's feelings about her father's new marriage?
6. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
7. What is the dynamic of the Cochran family as presented after Eddie's death?
8. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
9. Why does Father Cavanaugh think he is responsible for Eddie's death?
10. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Dismas, Jane, and the Cochrans. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pico. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Pico's character in the novel?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)