|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dismas know Abe?
2. How does Dismas realize that Eddie was right-handed?
3. When Steven plans to run away he takes with him Diz' business card and ________________.
4. Why would Nika be interested in leaving Sam?
5. What does John Strout rule about Eddie's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dynamic of the Cochran family as presented after Eddie's death?
2. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
3. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
4. What is the irony of Dismas seeming to come to life again while investigating Eddie's death?
5. What is one line of thinking for why Eddie may have killed himself in the parking lot at Arturo Cruz' business?
6. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
7. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
8. What does Dismas surmise about Linda Polk's feelings about her father's new marriage?
9. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
10. What does Steven Cochran do when it seems as if Eddie has even eclipsed him in death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Abe. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)