|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Frannie told Eddie on the night he was found dead?
2. Who is Carl Griffin's partner?
3. Who does Mr. Cruz think Dismas is?
4. Who had Fr. Cavanaugh encouraged Eddie Cochran to confront regarding the drug deal?
5. Who was the middle man in Sam's drug deal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
2. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
3. What does Father Cavanaugh tell Dismas about Eddie's concerns about what was going on at Army Distributing?
4. Why is Father Cavanaugh's quasi-confession to Dismas so important?
5. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
6. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
7. What is the irony of Dismas seeming to come to life again while investigating Eddie's death?
8. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
9. Who is Abe Glitsky and how does he know Dismas?
10. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Father Cavanaugh. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
DEAD IRISH is a modern-day mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)