|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was beaten.
(c) He was sexually molested.
(d) He was thrown from a moving vehicle.
2. Where does Abe meet with Fr. Cavanaugh?
(c) The rectory.
(d) The Little Shamrock.
3. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
(a) Calls a priest.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Gets into the hot tub.
(d) Mourns Linda's death.
4. Who is the lawyer handling the lawsuit against Cruz Publishing?
(a) Michael R. Brody II.
(b) Matthew L. Brady II.
(c) Matthew R. Brody III.
(d) McKenzie S. Brady III.
5. How does Steven Cochran feel about his place in his family?
(a) He knows that he is hated by his family members.
(b) He is cautiously optimistic that they will come around.
(c) He knows that he is completely loved.
(d) He has never been completely accepted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
2. Who did Alphonse play basketball against on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
3. What happened to make Diz essentially drop out of his life?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Erin Cochran is dealing with in the aftermath of Eddie's death?
5. Why does Steven think his mother is trying to show him more attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
2. How does Dismas finally know who had made the 911 call reporting Eddie's death?
3. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
4. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
5. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
6. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
7. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
8. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
9. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
10. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
This section contains 1,363 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)