|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Steven Cochran feel about his place in his family?
(a) He knows that he is completely loved.
(b) He has never been completely accepted.
(c) He is cautiously optimistic that they will come around.
(d) He knows that he is hated by his family members.
2. Arturo Cruz says that Eddie's body was _____________ at Cruz' building.
(a) in the bathroom.
(b) in Arturo's office.
(c) in the parking lot.
(d) in the cafeteria.
3. What happened to make Diz essentially drop out of his life?
(a) His infant son died.
(b) His brother died.
(c) His mother died.
(d) His father died.
4. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
(a) He was beaten.
(b) He was thrown from a moving vehicle.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was sexually molested.
5. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
(a) Having some beers with a friend.
(b) Playing in a basketball tournament.
(c) Having dinner at his mother's house.
(d) At a movie with his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abe meet with Fr. Cavanaugh?
2. Where does Sam go when he cannot sleep for worrying about the money in his safe?
3. Why does Steven think his mother is trying to show him more attention?
4. Why does Arturo Cruz not want his homosexuality to become public?
5. Instead of Sunday night, when does Rose recall Fr. Cavanaugh's last meeting with Eddie Cochran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
2. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
3. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
4. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
5. What were Arturo Cruz' reasons for lying to the police about his knowledge of Eddie's death?
6. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
7. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
8. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
9. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
10. What advice does Dismas get from his former father-in-law, Judge Fowler, about the case?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)