|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
(a) Gets into the hot tub.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Mourns Linda's death.
(d) Calls a priest.
2. What does Fr. Cavanaugh reveal when he says that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
(a) A dramatic overstatement.
(b) A confession.
(c) A motive for murder.
(d) An informed speculation.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Erin Cochran is dealing with in the aftermath of Eddie's death?
(a) Going through each day in a stupor.
(b) Trying to understand this family tragedy.
(c) Trying to manage her anger.
(d) Finding a new job.
4. Who kills Linda Polk?
5. Who does Diz meet for lunch in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nika do after Linda's death?
2. Who finds Linda Polk's dead body?
3. What does Fr. Cavanaugh do when Rose challenges him on the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
4. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
5. Whose voice does Diz realize is on the 911 call reporting Eddie's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
2. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
3. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
4. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
5. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
6. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
7. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
8. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
9. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
10. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)