|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Steven think his mother is trying to show him more attention?
(a) She is not trying very hard.
(b) A profound love.
(c) A conditional love.
(d) A sense of duty.
2. How many years has it been since Diz and Jane were divorced?
3. Why does Sam Polk fail to show up for his meeting with Diz and Abe?
(a) He is in a meeting with his banker.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He forgot about it.
(d) He is stuck in traffic.
4. Which of the following does Fr. Cavanaugh NOT tell Diz as they sit at the bar?
(a) Erin's family could have been his had circumstances been different.
(b) He is in love with Erin Cochran.
(c) He is pained to watch Erin's perfect family.
(d) He is resigning from the priesthood.
5. What does Frannie feel toward Eddie for dying at this point?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
2. What does Abe tell Alphonse that panics him a little bit?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Erin Cochran is dealing with in the aftermath of Eddie's death?
4. What did Arturo do after finding Eddie's dead body?
5. Who does Diz need to see when he is unable to find the answers in Eddie's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
2. How does Dismas finally know who had made the 911 call reporting Eddie's death?
3. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
4. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
5. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
6. What feeling does Dismas get that Eddie's death has not been related to a drug deal or trouble at work?
7. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
8. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
9. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
10. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)