|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lawyer handling the lawsuit against Cruz Publishing?
(a) McKenzie S. Brady III.
(b) Michael R. Brody II.
(c) Matthew R. Brody III.
(d) Matthew L. Brady II.
2. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
(a) To visit his mother.
(b) To pay a speeding ticket.
(c) To appear in court.
(d) To identify Steven Cochran.
3. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
(a) He was sexually molested.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was thrown from a moving vehicle.
(d) He was beaten.
4. How can Arturo prove he did not kill Eddie Cochran?
(a) He doesn't own a gun.
(b) He was out of the country.
(c) He was in church.
(d) He has witnesses for an alibi.
5. Where does Sam go when he cannot sleep for worrying about the money in his safe?
(a) The office.
(c) A bar.
(d) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been since Diz and Jane were divorced?
2. At what university had Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh met before?
3. What is the name of Diz and Jane's son?
4. What does Fr. Cavanaugh do when Rose challenges him on the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
5. What does Linda think when she sees the money in her father's safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
2. What were Arturo Cruz' reasons for lying to the police about his knowledge of Eddie's death?
3. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
4. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
5. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
6. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
7. What does Big Ed share with Dismas about Father Cavanaugh and his place in the Cochran family?
8. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
9. What advice does Dismas get from his former father-in-law, Judge Fowler, about the case?
10. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)