|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Arturo Cruz convinced would leak news of his homosexuality?
2. Who identifies the knife that was used to murder Linda Polk?
3. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
(a) To appear in court.
(b) To visit his mother.
(c) To pay a speeding ticket.
(d) To identify Steven Cochran.
4. Where had Arturo set up a private meeting with Eddie?
(a) The Little Shamrock.
(c) The parking lot at Army Distributing.
5. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
(a) He was thrown from a moving vehicle.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was sexually molested.
(d) He was beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arturo Cruz not want his homosexuality to become public?
2. Abe Glitsky tells Diz that _____________ is a suspect in Linda's murder.
3. What does Arturo Cruz say about the night of Eddie's death?
4. Who kills Linda Polk?
5. The District Attorney tells Abe that Sam Polk could not have killed Eddie because __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Big Ed share with Dismas about Father Cavanaugh and his place in the Cochran family?
2. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
3. Why does Dismas go to the small town of Gonzalez?
4. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
5. What feeling does Dismas get that Eddie's death has not been related to a drug deal or trouble at work?
6. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
7. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
8. What advice does Dismas get from his former father-in-law, Judge Fowler, about the case?
9. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
10. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)