|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sam go when he cannot sleep for worrying about the money in his safe?
(a) A bar.
(c) The park.
(d) The office.
2. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
(a) He was sexually molested.
(b) He was beaten.
(c) He was thrown from a moving vehicle.
(d) He was shot.
3. To what does Alphonse admit during questioning?
(a) He is having an affair with Nika.
(b) He killed Linda Polk.
(c) He killed Sam Polk.
(d) He killed Eddie Cochran.
4. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
(a) Mourns Linda's death.
(b) Calls a priest.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Gets into the hot tub.
5. What does Alphonse leave at the scene of Linda's murder?
(a) His hat.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His knife.
(d) His cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
2. Who is Arturo Cruz' lover?
3. Who finds Linda Polk's dead body?
4. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
5. Where had Arturo set up a private meeting with Eddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Dismas get from his former father-in-law, Judge Fowler, about the case?
2. How does Dismas finally know who had made the 911 call reporting Eddie's death?
3. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
4. Why does Dismas go to the small town of Gonzalez?
5. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
6. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
7. What feeling does Dismas get that Eddie's death has not been related to a drug deal or trouble at work?
8. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
9. What does Big Ed share with Dismas about Father Cavanaugh and his place in the Cochran family?
10. What were Arturo Cruz' reasons for lying to the police about his knowledge of Eddie's death?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)