|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fr. Cavanaugh say that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
(a) Because Eddie had threatened to kill him.
(b) Because he was going to murder Arturo.
(c) Because he was going to drag Frannie into a life of drugs.
(d) Because the Cochrans had too much happiness.
2. How did Diz and Jane's son die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) In a fire.
(d) He fell out of his crib.
3. Who is the cousin with whom Alphonse is traveling?
4. Who was Arturo Cruz convinced would leak news of his homosexuality?
5. The District Attorney tells Abe that Sam Polk could not have killed Eddie because __________________.
(a) He was at a party.
(b) He was at a police fundraiser.
(c) He was at dinner with his wife.
(d) He was out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
2. Which of the following does Fr. Cavanaugh NOT tell Diz as they sit at the bar?
3. Which of the following does Diz NOT think about Fr. Cavanaugh?
4. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
5. What was one of the things that Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh tried to accomplish at Berkeley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
2. Why does Dismas go to the small town of Gonzalez?
3. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
4. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
5. What does Big Ed share with Dismas about Father Cavanaugh and his place in the Cochran family?
6. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
7. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
8. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
9. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
10. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)