|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fr. Cavanaugh do when Rose challenges him on the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
(a) Tells her to mind her own business.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Says he must tell the police.
(d) Ignores her.
2. Why does Steven think his mother is trying to show him more attention?
(a) A sense of duty.
(b) A conditional love.
(c) A profound love.
(d) She is not trying very hard.
3. Why does Fr. Cavanaugh say that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
(a) Because Eddie had threatened to kill him.
(b) Because he was going to murder Arturo.
(c) Because he was going to drag Frannie into a life of drugs.
(d) Because the Cochrans had too much happiness.
4. What does Diz think Eddie Cochran was not capable of?
(c) Dealing drugs.
5. Alphonse waits at the airport to board a plane to ____________.
(c) The Bahamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to make Diz essentially drop out of his life?
2. How did Diz and Jane's son die?
3. At dinner, Diz and Jane talk about their divorce and __________________.
4. To what does Alphonse admit during questioning?
5. Who finds Linda Polk's dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
2. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
3. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
4. What advice does Dismas get from his former father-in-law, Judge Fowler, about the case?
5. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
6. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
7. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
8. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
9. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
10. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)