|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to make Diz essentially drop out of his life?
(a) His mother died.
(b) His brother died.
(c) His father died.
(d) His infant son died.
2. Who was Arturo Cruz convinced would leak news of his homosexuality?
3. What does Nika do after Linda's death?
(a) She cries inconsolably for days.
(b) She leaves Sam.
(c) She offers to cooperate with the investigation.
(d) She offers to pay for the funeral.
4. Alphonse goes to Linda Polk's apartment to ___________________.
(a) have dinner.
(b) propose to her.
(c) talk her into getting her father's money for the drug deal.
(d) rob the place.
5. Alphonse waits at the airport to board a plane to ____________.
(d) The Bahamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the things that Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh tried to accomplish at Berkeley?
2. To what does Alphonse admit during questioning?
3. Who kills Linda Polk?
4. What does Arturo Cruz say about the night of Eddie's death?
5. How did Diz and Jane's son die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
2. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
3. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
4. What feeling does Dismas get that Eddie's death has not been related to a drug deal or trouble at work?
5. What advice does Dismas get from his former father-in-law, Judge Fowler, about the case?
6. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
7. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
8. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
9. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
10. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)