|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who inadvertently tells Big Ed that Frannie is pregnant?
(a) Fr. Cavanaugh.
2. Why does Abe call Diz in Chapter 26?
(a) To tell him there is a new suspect in Eddie's case.
(b) To tell him Eddie's case is closed.
(c) To see if he wants to meet for a few beers.
(d) To tell him that Alphonse has been captured.
3. How does Steven Cochran feel about his place in his family?
(a) He knows that he is hated by his family members.
(b) He has never been completely accepted.
(c) He knows that he is completely loved.
(d) He is cautiously optimistic that they will come around.
4. Why does Fr. Cavanaugh say that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
(a) Because he was going to drag Frannie into a life of drugs.
(b) Because the Cochrans had too much happiness.
(c) Because he was going to murder Arturo.
(d) Because Eddie had threatened to kill him.
5. How can Arturo prove he did not kill Eddie Cochran?
(a) He has witnesses for an alibi.
(b) He was in church.
(c) He doesn't own a gun.
(d) He was out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alphonse waits at the airport to board a plane to ____________.
2. With what type of weapon is Linda killed?
3. Who finds Linda Polk's dead body?
4. Why does Arturo Cruz not want his homosexuality to become public?
5. Who did Alphonse play basketball against on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
2. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
3. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
4. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
5. What feeling does Dismas get that Eddie's death has not been related to a drug deal or trouble at work?
6. What were Arturo Cruz' reasons for lying to the police about his knowledge of Eddie's death?
7. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
8. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
9. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
10. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)