|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nika do after Linda's death?
(a) She leaves Sam.
(b) She offers to pay for the funeral.
(c) She cries inconsolably for days.
(d) She offers to cooperate with the investigation.
2. How does Steven Cochran feel about his place in his family?
(a) He knows that he is completely loved.
(b) He knows that he is hated by his family members.
(c) He has never been completely accepted.
(d) He is cautiously optimistic that they will come around.
3. What does Frannie feel toward Eddie for dying at this point?
4. How did Diz and Jane's son die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) He fell out of his crib.
(d) In a fire.
5. Who was Arturo Cruz convinced would leak news of his homosexuality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
2. What does Arturo Cruz say about the night of Eddie's death?
3. What does Linda think when she sees the money in her father's safe?
4. Who did Alphonse play basketball against on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
5. Who inadvertently tells Big Ed that Frannie is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
2. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
3. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
4. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
5. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
6. What were Arturo Cruz' reasons for lying to the police about his knowledge of Eddie's death?
7. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
8. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
9. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
10. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)