|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nika do after Linda's death?
(a) She offers to pay for the funeral.
(b) She cries inconsolably for days.
(c) She offers to cooperate with the investigation.
(d) She leaves Sam.
2. Why does Steven think his mother is trying to show him more attention?
(a) A sense of duty.
(b) She is not trying very hard.
(c) A conditional love.
(d) A profound love.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Erin Cochran is dealing with in the aftermath of Eddie's death?
(a) Trying to manage her anger.
(b) Trying to understand this family tragedy.
(c) Finding a new job.
(d) Going through each day in a stupor.
4. Who is the cousin with whom Alphonse is traveling?
5. Which of the following does Fr. Cavanaugh NOT tell Diz as they sit at the bar?
(a) He is in love with Erin Cochran.
(b) He is pained to watch Erin's perfect family.
(c) He is resigning from the priesthood.
(d) Erin's family could have been his had circumstances been different.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose's job?
2. What does Diz think Eddie Cochran was not capable of?
3. Who suspects that Fr. Cavanaugh may be wrong about the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
4. What does Arturo Cruz say about the night of Eddie's death?
5. With what type of weapon is Linda killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bit of information does Rose, the rectory housekeeper, find to be out of place when Father Cavanaugh talks with Abe?
2. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
3. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
4. How does Dismas finally know who had made the 911 call reporting Eddie's death?
5. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
6. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
7. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
8. What is revealed about Arturo Cruz and his knowledge about Eddie Cochran in Chapter 17?
9. What feeling does Dismas get that Eddie's death has not been related to a drug deal or trouble at work?
10. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)