|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
(a) Having dinner at his mother's house.
(b) At a movie with his girlfriend.
(c) Having some beers with a friend.
(d) Playing in a basketball tournament.
2. At what university had Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh met before?
3. Alphonse goes to Linda Polk's apartment to ___________________.
(a) rob the place.
(b) propose to her.
(c) have dinner.
(d) talk her into getting her father's money for the drug deal.
4. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Mourns Linda's death.
(c) Gets into the hot tub.
(d) Calls a priest.
5. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
(a) To pay a speeding ticket.
(b) To identify Steven Cochran.
(c) To visit his mother.
(d) To appear in court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Diz NOT think about Fr. Cavanaugh?
2. Alphonse waits at the airport to board a plane to ____________.
3. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
4. What does Arturo Cruz say about the night of Eddie's death?
5. What is the name of Diz and Jane's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
2. How does Dismas finally know who had made the 911 call reporting Eddie's death?
3. Which murder does Alphonse Page admit to and which can he not be named as a suspect?
4. What personal pain does Dismas come to terms with in Chapter 25 and how does Jane respond?
5. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
6. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
7. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
8. What are the circumstances of Linda Polk's death?
9. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
10. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)