|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eddie's mother says that Eddie owned a gun _______________.
(a) He just bought it.
(b) For several years.
(c) He didn't own a gun.
(d) Just a couple of months.
2. Which of the following is NOT true about Fr. Cavanaugh and Erin Cochran?
(a) He had tried to kiss her.
(b) They were once engaged.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) He is in love with her.
3. Who had introduced Ed and Erin Cochran when they were young?
(a) Fr. Cruz.
(b) Fr. Dunevant.
(c) Fr. Redstone.
(d) Fr. Cavanaugh.
4. Who arrives at Sam's house just as he is about to join his wife in the hot tub?
(a) Linda and Alphonse.
(b) Diz and Alphonse.
(c) Linda and Eddie.
(d) Eddie and Alphonse.
5. Who is Alphonse Page?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) A cab driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the middle man in Sam's drug deal?
2. Who is Eddie Cochran's wife?
3. Who is the main character in DEAD IRISH?
4. Who is the owner of Army Distributing?
5. What position in the police department is Carl Griffin hoping to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dismas speculate about Sam's wife, Nika's, possible interest in Eddie Cochran?
2. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
3. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
4. How does the medical examiner rule on Eddie's death and what leeway does Abe Glitsky give Dismas regarding the case?
5. Why does Father Cavanaugh think he is responsible for Eddie's death?
6. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
7. What does Father Cavanaugh tell Dismas about Eddie's concerns about what was going on at Army Distributing?
8. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
9. What is the nature of Father Cavanaugh's relationship with Eddie Cochran's mother, Erin?
10. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)