|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feeling between Diz and his ex-wife?
(a) No feelings at all.
(b) Hate and loathing.
(c) Obvious attraction.
(d) Mutual respect.
2. Whose death does Dismas Hardy investigate?
(a) Eddie Cochran.
(b) Eddie Conrad.
(c) Eddie Colburn.
(d) Eddie Collier.
3. Who is Sam Polk's daughter?
4. Who is the dead man at the ballpark?
(a) Max Simon.
(b) Freddie Colwin.
(c) His identity is unknown.
(d) Abe Gilbert.
5. In what city does Dismas live?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was overtly flirting with Dismas at Eddie's funeral?
2. What seems apparent from Eddie Cochran's death?
3. Who is Sam Polk's new wife?
4. Who does Diz unexpectedly run into at Schroeder's?
5. Who had introduced Ed and Erin Cochran when they were young?
Short Essay Questions
1. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
2. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
3. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
4. What is one line of thinking for why Eddie may have killed himself in the parking lot at Arturo Cruz' business?
5. Who is Abe Glitsky and how does he know Dismas?
6. What does Dismas surmise about Linda Polk's feelings about her father's new marriage?
7. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
8. Why does Frannie think that her pregnancy may have been a factor if Eddie did indeed commit suicide?
9. What does Steven Cochran do when it seems as if Eddie has even eclipsed him in death?
10. What does Moses ask Dismas to do about Eddie's death and what does he offer him in return?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)