|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Diz unexpectedly run into at Schroeder's?
(a) His old boss.
(b) His former girlfriend.
(c) His priest.
(d) His ex-wife.
2. How does Dismas know Eddie Cochran?
(a) He is a co-worker.
(b) He is his neighbor.
(c) He is the brother-in-law of Dismas' boss.
(d) He is his son's soccer coach.
3. Why is Army Distributing in trouble?
(a) No one is buying print publications anymore.
(b) The workers are on strike.
(c) They have a huge tax bill.
(d) Their main publication has pulled out.
4. Who is Sam Polk's daughter?
5. What is Jane's father's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Sam hoped to get enough money to entice his young wife to stay with him?
2. Who is Eddie Cochran's wife?
3. Where was Eddie Cochran's body found?
4. Where does Dismas attend a ballgame?
5. Which of the following occupations has Dismas NOT had?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
2. Why does Frannie think that her pregnancy may have been a factor if Eddie did indeed commit suicide?
3. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
4. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
5. What tragedy occurs when Dismas goes to the Giants game at Candlestick Park?
6. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
7. What is the nature of Father Cavanaugh's relationship with Eddie Cochran's mother, Erin?
8. Who is Abe Glitsky and how does he know Dismas?
9. What does Dismas speculate about Sam's wife, Nika's, possible interest in Eddie Cochran?
10. What is the irony of Dismas seeming to come to life again while investigating Eddie's death?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)