|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Glitsky hope Dismas will do?
(a) Forget the case.
(b) Help Carl Griffin with the case.
(c) Find the truth about Eddie's death.
(d) Break the suicide news to Frannie.
2. What seems apparent from Eddie Cochran's death?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He was run over.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was stabbed.
3. How does Dismas know Eddie Cochran?
(a) He is his neighbor.
(b) He is his son's soccer coach.
(c) He is a co-worker.
(d) He is the brother-in-law of Dismas' boss.
4. Why would Nika be interested in leaving Sam?
(a) His business is in trouble.
(b) He has a terminal illness.
(c) He abuses her.
(d) He is having an affair.
5. Where does Dismas attend a ballgame?
(a) Riverfront Stadium.
(b) Candlestick Park.
(c) Yankee Stadium.
(d) Turner Field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dismas' boss at the bar?
2. How does Linda feel about her father's new marriage?
3. Who is the owner of the Cruz Publishing Company?
4. How old is Dismas Hardy?
5. What position in the police department is Carl Griffin hoping to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
2. Who is Abe Glitsky and how does he know Dismas?
3. How does Dismas figure that Father Cavanaugh got the gun with which he killed Eddie?
4. Why do Linda Polk and Alphonse Page go to Sam's office to check the safe?
5. What might the death of Eddie Cochran teach Dismas about coming to terms with the death of his own infant son?
6. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
7. What are the circumstances of Rose's death?
8. What is the dilemma facing the funeral director if Eddie's death is ruled a suicide?
9. How does the Drug Enforcement Agency or DEA view the case of Eddie's death?
10. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)