|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does Dismas Hardy investigate?
(a) Eddie Conrad.
(b) Eddie Colburn.
(c) Eddie Collier.
(d) Eddie Cochran.
2. What seems apparent from Eddie Cochran's death?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was run over.
(d) He was shot.
3. Who is Alphonse Page?
(a) A newspaper reporter.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A cab driver.
4. Who is the homicide detective assigned to the case at the ballpark?
(a) Abe Gorman.
(b) Abe Glitsky.
(c) Abe Zelinsky.
(d) Abe Glitchy.
5. What is the mortuary where Eddie Cochran's body is taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following occupations has Dismas NOT had?
2. What had Frannie told Eddie on the night he was found dead?
3. How old is Linda Polk?
4. Eddie's mother says that Eddie owned a gun _______________.
5. What is the bar that Dismas used to frequent years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
2. What does Moses ask Dismas to do about Eddie's death and what does he offer him in return?
3. Why is Father Cavanaugh's quasi-confession to Dismas so important?
4. What is one line of thinking for why Eddie may have killed himself in the parking lot at Arturo Cruz' business?
5. How does the medical examiner rule on Eddie's death and what leeway does Abe Glitsky give Dismas regarding the case?
6. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
7. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
8. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
9. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
10. Why does Frannie think that her pregnancy may have been a factor if Eddie did indeed commit suicide?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)