|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eddie's mother says that Eddie owned a gun _______________.
(a) He didn't own a gun.
(b) He just bought it.
(c) For several years.
(d) Just a couple of months.
2. What can Fr. Cavanaugh not allow if Eddie had committed suicide?
(a) His death notice in the church bulletin.
(b) Eddie's burial in consecrated ground.
(c) A funeral mass.
(d) Eddie's child to be baptized in the church.
3. When Steven plans to run away he takes with him Diz' business card and ________________.
(a) A letter.
(b) A map.
(c) A credit card.
(d) A knife.
4. How is Stephen Cochran best characterized?
5. What does Glitsky hope Dismas will do?
(a) Forget the case.
(b) Break the suicide news to Frannie.
(c) Find the truth about Eddie's death.
(d) Help Carl Griffin with the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death does Dismas Hardy investigate?
2. How old is Linda Polk?
3. Why is Sam Polk angry at Eddie Cochran?
4. How old is Dismas Hardy?
5. What bad habit does Linda Polk have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
2. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
3. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
4. What is the dynamic of the Cochran family as presented after Eddie's death?
5. What is the nature of Father Cavanaugh's relationship with Eddie Cochran's mother, Erin?
6. How does the medical examiner rule on Eddie's death and what leeway does Abe Glitsky give Dismas regarding the case?
7. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
8. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
9. Who is Abe Glitsky and how does he know Dismas?
10. What tragedy occurs when Dismas goes to the Giants game at Candlestick Park?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)