|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character in DEAD IRISH?
(a) Dismas Hardy.
(b) Dustin Hardy.
(c) Dismas Hurly.
(d) Dismal Hardy.
2. How does Linda feel about her father's new marriage?
(a) She hates her father's new wife.
(b) She is really happy for her father.
(c) She is fine with it.
(d) She is jealous of the relationship.
3. Who was overtly flirting with Dismas at Eddie's funeral?
4. Who had Fr. Cavanaugh encouraged Eddie Cochran to confront regarding the drug deal?
(a) Sam Polk.
(b) Nika Polk.
(c) Linda Polk.
(d) Alphonse Page.
5. Which of the following had Fr. Cavanaugh NOT taken into consideration when sending Eddie to do the right thing regarding the drug deal?
(a) His unborn child.
(b) His education.
(d) His future.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Linda Polk?
2. What is the main thing that Fr. Cavanaugh had not considered when giving Eddie advice?
3. Where does Dismas visit Frannie Cochran?
4. What is the name of the bar where Dismas works?
5. What does John Strout rule about Eddie's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dismas figure that Father Cavanaugh got the gun with which he killed Eddie?
2. Why is Frannie having a hard time understanding Eddie's death and her possible role in it?
3. What tragedy occurs when Dismas goes to the Giants game at Candlestick Park?
4. What surprises Abe when he meets Father Cavanaugh?
5. What is the premise of DEAD IRISH?
6. Explain the irony of Sam's doing the drug deal to get more money to keep Nika.
7. What are the circumstances of Sam Polk's death?
8. What does Arturo Cruz tell Dismas about the night Eddie died and how can he prove that he did not kill him?
9. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
10. Dismas meets with Father Cavanaugh and does not realize that the priest reveals a huge piece of information in the case. What is it?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)