|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bar that Dismas used to frequent years ago?
(c) Sam's Place.
2. Who calls Diz at The Shamrock wanting to meet to talk?
(a) Fr. Cavanaugh.
3. What bad habit does Linda Polk have?
4. Who is the woman who takes care of the rectory?
5. Who is the medical examiner who inspects Eddie's body?
(a) James Stowe.
(b) John Straub.
(c) John Strout.
(d) Justine Samuels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dismas' nickname?
2. What is the mortuary where Eddie Cochran's body is taken?
3. How does Dismas realize that Eddie was right-handed?
4. Where does Dismas visit Frannie Cochran?
5. How does Dismas know Abe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dismas figure that Father Cavanaugh got the gun with which he killed Eddie?
2. What are the circumstances of Rose's death?
3. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
4. What is the irony of Dismas seeming to come to life again while investigating Eddie's death?
5. How is Steven beginning to recover and what is his relationship with his parents now?
6. How has Glitzky's murder case unraveled at this point?
7. Why does Frannie think that her pregnancy may have been a factor if Eddie did indeed commit suicide?
8. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
9. What is the dynamic of the Cochran family as presented after Eddie's death?
10. What is the dilemma facing the funeral director if Eddie's death is ruled a suicide?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)