|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Sam hoped to get enough money to entice his young wife to stay with him?
(a) A drug deal.
(b) Business expansion.
(c) New investments.
(d) Sell some properties.
2. Why would Nika be interested in leaving Sam?
(a) His business is in trouble.
(b) He abuses her.
(c) He has a terminal illness.
(d) He is having an affair.
3. Why are Griffin and Glitsky not putting much effort into Eddie's case?
(a) Neither wants to look bad for an upcoming promotion.
(b) They are both convinced the death was a suicide.
(c) They are both burned out cops.
(d) Their case load won't allow much attention to Eddie's case.
4. How does Dismas know Abe?
(a) They are brothers-in-law.
(b) They were college roommates.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) They were partners when Dismas had been a cop.
5. What is the name of the bar where Dismas works?
(a) The Tipsy Shamrock.
(b) The Green Shamrock.
(c) The Little Shamrock.
(d) St. Patrick's Shamrock.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which employee does Dismas first speak when arriving at the Cruz Building?
2. What does John Strout rule about Eddie's case?
3. Where was Eddie Cochran's body found?
4. Why is it bad for Eddie's death to be ruled a suicide?
5. What seems apparent from Eddie Cochran's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dynamic of the Cochran family as presented after Eddie's death?
2. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
3. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
4. What does Steven Cochran do when it seems as if Eddie has even eclipsed him in death?
5. What is one line of thinking for why Eddie may have killed himself in the parking lot at Arturo Cruz' business?
6. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
7. What does Dismas speculate about Sam's wife, Nika's, possible interest in Eddie Cochran?
8. Why does Father Cavanaugh think he is responsible for Eddie's death?
9. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
10. What does Dismas surmise about Linda Polk's feelings about her father's new marriage?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)