|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Sam hoped to get enough money to entice his young wife to stay with him?
(a) A drug deal.
(b) Business expansion.
(c) Sell some properties.
(d) New investments.
2. Who is the dead man at the ballpark?
(a) His identity is unknown.
(b) Freddie Colwin.
(c) Abe Gilbert.
(d) Max Simon.
3. Where was Eddie Cochran's body found?
(a) A marina parking lot.
(b) The parking lot at The Little Shamrock.
(c) A dumpster at Eddie's Bar & Grill.
(d) The parking lot of the Cruz Building.
4. What is Erin Cochran's opinion of Eddie's death?
(a) He did not commit suicide.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He was an accidental target.
(d) He committed suicide.
5. What is the feeling between Diz and his ex-wife?
(a) Mutual respect.
(b) Obvious attraction.
(c) Hate and loathing.
(d) No feelings at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Fr. Cavanaugh and Erin Cochran?
2. Who is Alphonse Page?
3. Who is Dismas' boss at the bar?
4. Rose thinks that Fr. Cavanaugh is secretly in love with whom?
5. Who is Carl Griffin's partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
2. What does Dismas learn from Linda Polk about the troubles of Army Distributing?
3. What does Father Cavanaugh tell Dismas about Eddie's concerns about what was going on at Army Distributing?
4. What is the premise of DEAD IRISH?
5. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
6. How does the medical examiner rule on Eddie's death and what leeway does Abe Glitsky give Dismas regarding the case?
7. What does Dismas surmise about Linda Polk's feelings about her father's new marriage?
8. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
9. Why is Father Cavanaugh's quasi-confession to Dismas so important?
10. What is the dilemma facing the funeral director if Eddie's death is ruled a suicide?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)