|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moses offer Dismas as an incentive to help with the murder case?
(b) A piece of the bar.
(c) Some IBM stocks.
2. Where does Big Ed spend much of his time in the days after Eddie's death?
(b) In bed.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) A bar.
3. Who is the woman who takes care of the rectory?
4. Who is Eddie Cochran's wife?
5. Whose death does Dismas Hardy investigate?
(a) Eddie Collier.
(b) Eddie Cochran.
(c) Eddie Conrad.
(d) Eddie Colburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sam Polk angry with himself?
2. Who calls Diz at The Shamrock wanting to meet to talk?
3. Rose thinks that Fr. Cavanaugh is secretly in love with whom?
4. What can Fr. Cavanaugh not allow if Eddie had committed suicide?
5. Who is Carl Griffin's partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dynamic of the Cochran family as presented after Eddie's death?
2. How do the people who cared for Eddie Cochran seem to be managing during the time after his funeral?
3. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
4. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
5. What does Moses ask Dismas to do about Eddie's death and what does he offer him in return?
6. What does Father Cavanaugh tell Dismas about Eddie's concerns about what was going on at Army Distributing?
7. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
8. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
9. What is the premise of DEAD IRISH?
10. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)