|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dismas Hardy?
2. Why is Sam Polk angry with himself?
(a) For marrying Nika.
(b) For getting involved with Alphonse Page.
(c) For missing out on a great stock tip.
(d) For letting Linda run the business.
3. Why does Dismas not believe that Eddie killed himself?
(a) Eddie was strangled.
(b) There were no gunshot burns on his hands.
(c) He wouldn't have shot himself with his left hand.
(d) There was no residue on his hands.
4. What does Glitsky hope Dismas will do?
(a) Help Carl Griffin with the case.
(b) Find the truth about Eddie's death.
(c) Break the suicide news to Frannie.
(d) Forget the case.
5. Who is Alphonse Page?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A cab driver.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dismas' nickname?
2. Who is Dismas' friend?
3. Who was the middle man in Sam's drug deal?
4. Who is Sam Polk's daughter?
5. Who is Dismas' boss at the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Abe Glitsky and how does he know Dismas?
2. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
3. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
4. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
5. What is the premise of DEAD IRISH?
6. What does Dismas learn from Linda Polk about the troubles of Army Distributing?
7. What is one line of thinking for why Eddie may have killed himself in the parking lot at Arturo Cruz' business?
8. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
9. What is the irony of Dismas seeming to come to life again while investigating Eddie's death?
10. What does Dismas speculate about Sam's wife, Nika's, possible interest in Eddie Cochran?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)