|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the dead man at the ballpark?
(a) Abe Gilbert.
(b) Freddie Colwin.
(c) His identity is unknown.
(d) Max Simon.
2. Why is Sam Polk angry with himself?
(a) For getting involved with Alphonse Page.
(b) For letting Linda run the business.
(c) For marrying Nika.
(d) For missing out on a great stock tip.
3. Whose death does Dismas Hardy investigate?
(a) Eddie Colburn.
(b) Eddie Cochran.
(c) Eddie Conrad.
(d) Eddie Collier.
4. Where does Dismas visit Frannie Cochran?
(a) The park.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) The funeral home.
5. How old is Linda Polk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose thinks that Fr. Cavanaugh is secretly in love with whom?
2. What is the name of the publication which had been Army Distributing's major account?
3. What can Fr. Cavanaugh not allow if Eddie had committed suicide?
4. Who does Diz unexpectedly run into at Schroeder's?
5. What was written on the note left by Eddie Cochran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Steven Cochran do when it seems as if Eddie has even eclipsed him in death?
2. What is revealed about Father Cavanaugh's motive for killing Eddie Cochran and his need to commit another murder?
3. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
4. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
5. Why is Abe Glitsky intrigued to meet with Father Cavanaugh in Chapter 21?
6. What tragedy occurs when Dismas goes to the Giants game at Candlestick Park?
7. What is the irony of Dismas seeming to come to life again while investigating Eddie's death?
8. What does Father Cavanaugh tell Dismas about Eddie's concerns about what was going on at Army Distributing?
9. Who is Matthew R. Brody III and what information does he give Dismas regarding blackmailing Arturo Cruz?
10. How does Dismas figure that Father Cavanaugh got the gun with which he killed Eddie?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)