|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dismas know Eddie Cochran?
(a) He is his neighbor.
(b) He is his son's soccer coach.
(c) He is a co-worker.
(d) He is the brother-in-law of Dismas' boss.
2. What is the name of the publication which had been Army Distributing's major account?
(b) La Hora.
(c) La Hola.
3. Who is the woman who takes care of the rectory?
4. What does John Strout rule about Eddie's case?
(a) It was a suicide.
(b) It was murder.
(c) He did not rule on it.
(d) It was accidental death.
5. What is Jane's father's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character in DEAD IRISH?
2. What position in the police department is Carl Griffin hoping to get?
3. Who is the owner of the Cruz Publishing Company?
4. Who is Sam Polk's new wife?
5. Who does Mr. Cruz think Dismas is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dismas surmise about Linda Polk's feelings about her father's new marriage?
2. What is the dilemma facing the funeral director if Eddie's death is ruled a suicide?
3. Why does Frannie think that her pregnancy may have been a factor if Eddie did indeed commit suicide?
4. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
5. What is the premise of DEAD IRISH?
6. How does Dismas get involved in another murder investigation while with Abe?
7. Why is Father Cavanaugh's quasi-confession to Dismas so important?
8. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
9. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
10. What is the irony of Dismas seeming to come to life again while investigating Eddie's death?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)