|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sam Polk's daughter?
2. What is the bar that Dismas used to frequent years ago?
(d) Sam's Place.
3. What does Frannie do at Eddie's funeral?
4. Why is Army Distributing in trouble?
(a) They have a huge tax bill.
(b) Their main publication has pulled out.
(c) The workers are on strike.
(d) No one is buying print publications anymore.
5. Who is Eddie Cochran's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was written on the note left by Eddie Cochran?
2. Why are Griffin and Glitsky not putting much effort into Eddie's case?
3. Who is the owner of the Cruz Publishing Company?
4. Eddie's mother says that Eddie owned a gun _______________.
5. Who is Sam Polk's new wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What physical evidence does Dismas glean that proves to him that Eddie did not commit suicide?
2. What is the nature of Father Cavanaugh's relationship with Eddie Cochran's mother, Erin?
3. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
4. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
5. Why does Father Cavanaugh think he is responsible for Eddie's death?
6. What happens when Dismas goes to a bar he used to go to frequently years before?
7. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
8. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
9. What does Steven Cochran do when it seems as if Eddie has even eclipsed him in death?
10. Who is Abe Glitsky and how does he know Dismas?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)