|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frannie do at Eddie's funeral?
2. Who is Alphonse Page?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A cab driver.
3. Who is the priest that has been a long time friend of the Cochran family?
(a) Fr. Jerold Compton.
(b) Fr. James Clayton.
(c) Fr. Jerome Cavanaugh.
(d) Fr. James Cavanaugh.
4. Why does Dismas think Nika married Sam?
(a) For a father figure.
(b) For the money.
(c) For a green card.
(d) For true love.
5. Which of the following had Fr. Cavanaugh NOT taken into consideration when sending Eddie to do the right thing regarding the drug deal?
(a) His education.
(c) His future.
(d) His unborn child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dismas' current occupation?
2. What is the name of the bar where Dismas works?
3. Who is Eddie's younger brother?
4. What is Dismas' nickname?
5. What is Jane's father's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dismas learn from Linda Polk about the troubles of Army Distributing?
2. What is the premise of DEAD IRISH?
3. What business problems does Frannie tell Dismas that Eddie was experiencing?
4. Who is Dismas Hardy and what is the state of his life as the novel begins?
5. What is Father Cavanaugh's relationship with the Cochran family?
6. What does Dismas do after identifying Eddie Cochran's body?
7. What does Father Cavanaugh tell Dismas about Eddie's concerns about what was going on at Army Distributing?
8. What does Moses ask Dismas to do about Eddie's death and what does he offer him in return?
9. Who is Steven Cochran and how does Dismas try to befriend him?
10. Who is Linda Polk and why does she speak to a man named Alphonse Page at Army Distributing, her father's company?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)