|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alphonse goes to Linda Polk's apartment to ___________________.
(a) have dinner.
(b) rob the place.
(c) talk her into getting her father's money for the drug deal.
(d) propose to her.
2. What does Fr. Cavanaugh reveal when he says that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
(a) A confession.
(b) An informed speculation.
(c) A motive for murder.
(d) A dramatic overstatement.
3. What does Alphonse leave at the scene of Linda's murder?
(a) His cell phone.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His hat.
(d) His knife.
4. Arturo Cruz says that Eddie's body was _____________ at Cruz' building.
(a) in the parking lot.
(b) in the cafeteria.
(c) in Arturo's office.
(d) in the bathroom.
5. What does Diz tell Frannie that lifts her spirits regarding Eddie's death?
(a) She gets bonus life insurance money.
(b) They have a surveillance tape of the crime.
(c) There may be a suspect.
(d) Someone has confessed.
6. What does Frannie feel toward Eddie for dying at this point?
7. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
(a) To visit his mother.
(b) To identify Steven Cochran.
(c) To appear in court.
(d) To pay a speeding ticket.
8. Who does Diz meet for lunch in Chapter 28?
9. How can Arturo prove he did not kill Eddie Cochran?
(a) He was out of the country.
(b) He was in church.
(c) He has witnesses for an alibi.
(d) He doesn't own a gun.
10. Who is the cousin with whom Alphonse is traveling?
11. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
(a) He was thrown from a moving vehicle.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was beaten.
(d) He was sexually molested.
12. Who is Arturo Cruz' lover?
13. What does Arturo Cruz say about the night of Eddie's death?
(a) He never saw Eddie on the day he died.
(b) Arturo did not know Eddie Cochran.
(c) Eddie was dead when Arturo arrived at his building.
(d) He had a fight with Eddie earlier in the day.
14. Who is the Drug Enforcement Agency agent who meets with Abe regarding the drug deal?
(a) Dick Willis.
(b) Don Willis.
(c) Dave Williams.
(d) Don Williams.
15. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
(a) Eddie was unable to deal with her anymore.
(b) Eddie couldn't accept that Frannie was pregnant.
(c) Eddie may have killed himself.
(d) How to pay for the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who identifies the knife that was used to murder Linda Polk?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Erin Cochran is dealing with in the aftermath of Eddie's death?
3. Who inadvertently tells Big Ed that Frannie is pregnant?
4. Diz and Fr. Cavanaugh compare the lives of police and ____________.
5. Who suspects that Fr. Cavanaugh may be wrong about the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)