|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
(a) To pay a speeding ticket.
(b) To identify Steven Cochran.
(c) To appear in court.
(d) To visit his mother.
2. Where does Sam go when he cannot sleep for worrying about the money in his safe?
(b) The office.
(c) A bar.
(d) The park.
3. Who does Diz blame for his son's death?
(b) The babysitter.
(c) The nanny.
4. Who identifies the knife that was used to murder Linda Polk?
5. What does Fr. Cavanaugh do when Rose challenges him on the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
(a) Tells her to mind her own business.
(b) Says he must tell the police.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Ignores her.
6. Who was Arturo Cruz convinced would leak news of his homosexuality?
7. Whose voice does Diz realize is on the 911 call reporting Eddie's body?
(d) Fr. Cavanaugh's.
8. Alphonse waits at the airport to board a plane to ____________.
(c) The Bahamas.
9. What does Linda think when she sees the money in her father's safe?
(a) He must be saving it to buy a racehorse.
(b) He must be saving it for his young wife.
(c) He must be saving it to give to Linda as a wedding gift.
(d) He must be saving it for a kidnapping ransom.
10. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
(a) He was sexually molested.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was thrown from a moving vehicle.
(d) He was beaten.
11. What is the name of the small town Diz is summoned to in Chapter 16?
12. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
(a) At a movie with his girlfriend.
(b) Playing in a basketball tournament.
(c) Having dinner at his mother's house.
(d) Having some beers with a friend.
13. What rumor does the attorney tell Diz about Cruz?
(a) Cruz is bankrupt.
(b) Cruz is gay.
(c) Cruz is an alcoholic.
(d) Cruz is a drug addict.
14. What ethnicity is Arturo Cruz?
15. Why does Sam Polk fail to show up for his meeting with Diz and Abe?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is stuck in traffic.
(c) He forgot about it.
(d) He is in a meeting with his banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alphonse leave at the scene of Linda's murder?
2. How did Diz and Jane's son die?
3. When does Fr. Cavanaugh say is the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
4. What message does Abe leave on Diz' home answering machine?
5. What is Rose's job?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)