|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Abe leave on Diz' home answering machine?
(a) Fr. Cavanaugh has skipped town.
(b) Alphonse has been arrested.
(c) Frannie Cochran is dead.
(d) Steven has admitted to the murder.
2. Where is Sam's body found?
(a) His office.
(b) His hot tub.
(c) An alley.
(d) His bed.
3. Why does Steven think his mother is trying to show him more attention?
(a) She is not trying very hard.
(b) A profound love.
(c) A conditional love.
(d) A sense of duty.
4. At what university had Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh met before?
5. Who is the cousin with whom Alphonse is traveling?
6. How does Steven Cochran feel about his place in his family?
(a) He knows that he is completely loved.
(b) He has never been completely accepted.
(c) He knows that he is hated by his family members.
(d) He is cautiously optimistic that they will come around.
7. Alphonse goes to Linda Polk's apartment to ___________________.
(a) propose to her.
(b) rob the place.
(c) have dinner.
(d) talk her into getting her father's money for the drug deal.
8. Why does Abe call Diz in Chapter 26?
(a) To tell him Eddie's case is closed.
(b) To tell him that Alphonse has been captured.
(c) To tell him there is a new suspect in Eddie's case.
(d) To see if he wants to meet for a few beers.
9. What is the cause of Sam's death?
(c) Stab wound.
(d) Gunshot wound.
10. When does Fr. Cavanaugh say is the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
(a) Wednesday evening.
(b) Saturday morning.
(c) Sunday night.
(d) Friday noon.
11. What does Abe tell Alphonse that panics him a little bit?
(a) There is video tape of Linda's murder.
(b) Sam Polk is dead.
(c) They know Alphonse's knife is the murder weapon.
(d) They have Alphonse's fingerprints from the crime scene.
12. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
(a) Eddie may have killed himself.
(b) Eddie was unable to deal with her anymore.
(c) How to pay for the funeral.
(d) Eddie couldn't accept that Frannie was pregnant.
13. Why does Arturo Cruz not want his homosexuality to become public?
(a) It is against his religion.
(b) It would be bad for his business.
(c) He is married.
(d) It would mar his personal reputation.
14. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
15. What does Linda think when she sees the money in her father's safe?
(a) He must be saving it for his young wife.
(b) He must be saving it to give to Linda as a wedding gift.
(c) He must be saving it for a kidnapping ransom.
(d) He must be saving it to buy a racehorse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose's job?
2. What does Frannie feel toward Eddie for dying at this point?
3. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
4. Why had Eddie Cochran gone to Arturo Cruz' house?
5. Who does Diz blame for his son's death?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)