|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the cousin with whom Alphonse is traveling?
2. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
3. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
(a) Gets into the hot tub.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Mourns Linda's death.
(d) Calls a priest.
4. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
(a) Eddie may have killed himself.
(b) How to pay for the funeral.
(c) Eddie couldn't accept that Frannie was pregnant.
(d) Eddie was unable to deal with her anymore.
5. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
(a) To visit his mother.
(b) To pay a speeding ticket.
(c) To appear in court.
(d) To identify Steven Cochran.
6. With what type of weapon is Linda killed?
7. Where does Sam go when he cannot sleep for worrying about the money in his safe?
(a) A bar.
(b) The office.
(d) The park.
8. Who is Arturo Cruz' lover?
9. How many years has it been since Diz and Jane were divorced?
10. Who does Diz need to see when he is unable to find the answers in Eddie's death?
11. What rumor does the attorney tell Diz about Cruz?
(a) Cruz is a drug addict.
(b) Cruz is bankrupt.
(c) Cruz is an alcoholic.
(d) Cruz is gay.
12. At what university had Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh met before?
13. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
(a) Having some beers with a friend.
(b) At a movie with his girlfriend.
(c) Having dinner at his mother's house.
(d) Playing in a basketball tournament.
14. To what does Alphonse admit during questioning?
(a) He is having an affair with Nika.
(b) He killed Eddie Cochran.
(c) He killed Sam Polk.
(d) He killed Linda Polk.
15. Who identifies the knife that was used to murder Linda Polk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to make Diz essentially drop out of his life?
2. Where had Arturo set up a private meeting with Eddie?
3. Who is the Drug Enforcement Agency agent who meets with Abe regarding the drug deal?
4. What does Diz tell Frannie that lifts her spirits regarding Eddie's death?
5. Who suspects that Fr. Cavanaugh may be wrong about the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)