|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Drug Enforcement Agency agent who meets with Abe regarding the drug deal?
(a) Don Williams.
(b) Don Willis.
(c) Dave Williams.
(d) Dick Willis.
2. What favor does Diz do for his friend, Pico?
(a) Feeds his fish.
(b) Walks his dog.
(c) Feeds his cat.
(d) Walks a shark.
3. Where is Sam's body found?
(a) His hot tub.
(b) His office.
(c) An alley.
(d) His bed.
4. To what does Alphonse admit during questioning?
(a) He killed Eddie Cochran.
(b) He killed Linda Polk.
(c) He killed Sam Polk.
(d) He is having an affair with Nika.
5. What is the name of the small town Diz is summoned to in Chapter 16?
6. Who suspects that Fr. Cavanaugh may be wrong about the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
7. Why does Abe call Diz in Chapter 26?
(a) To tell him that Alphonse has been captured.
(b) To tell him Eddie's case is closed.
(c) To tell him there is a new suspect in Eddie's case.
(d) To see if he wants to meet for a few beers.
8. What does Nika do after Linda's death?
(a) She offers to pay for the funeral.
(b) She offers to cooperate with the investigation.
(c) She leaves Sam.
(d) She cries inconsolably for days.
9. What rumor does the attorney tell Diz about Cruz?
(a) Cruz is a drug addict.
(b) Cruz is gay.
(c) Cruz is an alcoholic.
(d) Cruz is bankrupt.
10. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
(a) How to pay for the funeral.
(b) Eddie couldn't accept that Frannie was pregnant.
(c) Eddie was unable to deal with her anymore.
(d) Eddie may have killed himself.
11. What is the cause of Sam's death?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(c) Stab wound.
12. Who is the lawyer handling the lawsuit against Cruz Publishing?
(a) Michael R. Brody II.
(b) Matthew L. Brady II.
(c) McKenzie S. Brady III.
(d) Matthew R. Brody III.
13. Why does Sam Polk fail to show up for his meeting with Diz and Abe?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is stuck in traffic.
(c) He forgot about it.
(d) He is in a meeting with his banker.
14. The District Attorney tells Abe that Sam Polk could not have killed Eddie because __________________.
(a) He was at dinner with his wife.
(b) He was out of the country.
(c) He was at a police fundraiser.
(d) He was at a party.
15. Abe Glitsky tells Diz that _____________ is a suspect in Linda's murder.
(a) Steven Cochran.
(b) Sam Polk.
(c) Alphonse Page.
(d) Nika Polk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did NOT happen to Steven Cochran?
2. What message does Abe leave on Diz' home answering machine?
3. What does Frannie feel toward Eddie for dying at this point?
4. How does Steven Cochran feel about his place in his family?
5. What was one of the things that Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh tried to accomplish at Berkeley?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)