|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sam go when he cannot sleep for worrying about the money in his safe?
(b) A bar.
(c) The office.
(d) The park.
2. Why does Sam Polk fail to show up for his meeting with Diz and Abe?
(a) He is stuck in traffic.
(b) He is in a meeting with his banker.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He forgot about it.
3. Where had Arturo set up a private meeting with Eddie?
(a) The parking lot at Army Distributing.
(d) The Little Shamrock.
4. Alphonse waits at the airport to board a plane to ____________.
(a) The Bahamas.
5. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Calls a priest.
(c) Mourns Linda's death.
(d) Gets into the hot tub.
6. What rumor does the attorney tell Diz about Cruz?
(a) Cruz is bankrupt.
(b) Cruz is an alcoholic.
(c) Cruz is gay.
(d) Cruz is a drug addict.
7. What happened to make Diz essentially drop out of his life?
(a) His infant son died.
(b) His mother died.
(c) His brother died.
(d) His father died.
8. Why had Eddie Cochran gone to Arturo Cruz' house?
(a) To convince him to stay with Army Distributing.
(b) To set up the drug deal.
(c) To drop off some baseball tickets.
(d) To play poker.
9. Whose voice does Diz realize is on the 911 call reporting Eddie's body?
(a) Fr. Cavanaugh's.
10. What does Nika do after Linda's death?
(a) She cries inconsolably for days.
(b) She offers to cooperate with the investigation.
(c) She leaves Sam.
(d) She offers to pay for the funeral.
11. Who identifies the knife that was used to murder Linda Polk?
12. Who is the cousin with whom Alphonse is traveling?
13. What favor does Diz do for his friend, Pico?
(a) Feeds his cat.
(b) Walks his dog.
(c) Feeds his fish.
(d) Walks a shark.
14. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
(a) To pay a speeding ticket.
(b) To identify Steven Cochran.
(c) To appear in court.
(d) To visit his mother.
15. Who did Alphonse play basketball against on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
(a) A neighborhood team.
(b) A work team.
(c) A San Francisco police department team.
(d) A YMCA team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of Sunday night, when does Rose recall Fr. Cavanaugh's last meeting with Eddie Cochran?
2. Who is the lawyer handling the lawsuit against Cruz Publishing?
3. Why does Steven think his mother is trying to show him more attention?
4. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
5. What does Arturo Cruz say about the night of Eddie's death?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)