|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Diz and Jane's son die?
(a) He fell out of his crib.
(b) In a fire.
(c) In a car accident.
2. Why does Abe call Diz in Chapter 26?
(a) To tell him that Alphonse has been captured.
(b) To tell him there is a new suspect in Eddie's case.
(c) To tell him Eddie's case is closed.
(d) To see if he wants to meet for a few beers.
3. Who is the Drug Enforcement Agency agent who meets with Abe regarding the drug deal?
(a) Don Williams.
(b) Don Willis.
(c) Dave Williams.
(d) Dick Willis.
4. What does Diz think Eddie Cochran was not capable of?
(b) Dealing drugs.
5. What rumor does the attorney tell Diz about Cruz?
(a) Cruz is an alcoholic.
(b) Cruz is bankrupt.
(c) Cruz is gay.
(d) Cruz is a drug addict.
6. Instead of Sunday night, when does Rose recall Fr. Cavanaugh's last meeting with Eddie Cochran?
7. What does Abe tell Alphonse that panics him a little bit?
(a) They have Alphonse's fingerprints from the crime scene.
(b) Sam Polk is dead.
(c) They know Alphonse's knife is the murder weapon.
(d) There is video tape of Linda's murder.
8. What is the cause of Sam's death?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(c) Stab wound.
9. What message does Abe leave on Diz' home answering machine?
(a) Alphonse has been arrested.
(b) Frannie Cochran is dead.
(c) Fr. Cavanaugh has skipped town.
(d) Steven has admitted to the murder.
10. Who does Diz blame for his son's death?
(a) The babysitter.
(b) The nanny.
11. What is Rose's job?
12. What does Linda think when she sees the money in her father's safe?
(a) He must be saving it to give to Linda as a wedding gift.
(b) He must be saving it for a kidnapping ransom.
(c) He must be saving it to buy a racehorse.
(d) He must be saving it for his young wife.
13. Which of the following thoughts does NOT preoccupy Frannie's mind after Eddie's death?
(a) How to pay for the funeral.
(b) Eddie was unable to deal with her anymore.
(c) Eddie couldn't accept that Frannie was pregnant.
(d) Eddie may have killed himself.
14. What does Diz tell Frannie that lifts her spirits regarding Eddie's death?
(a) They have a surveillance tape of the crime.
(b) Someone has confessed.
(c) She gets bonus life insurance money.
(d) There may be a suspect.
15. Which of the following is NOT something Erin Cochran is dealing with in the aftermath of Eddie's death?
(a) Trying to manage her anger.
(b) Finding a new job.
(c) Going through each day in a stupor.
(d) Trying to understand this family tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The District Attorney tells Abe that Sam Polk could not have killed Eddie because __________________.
2. At what university had Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh met before?
3. Alphonse waits at the airport to board a plane to ____________.
4. What does Alphonse leave at the scene of Linda's murder?
5. Why does Steven think his mother is trying to show him more attention?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)