|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Abe leave on Diz' home answering machine?
(a) Fr. Cavanaugh has skipped town.
(b) Frannie Cochran is dead.
(c) Steven has admitted to the murder.
(d) Alphonse has been arrested.
2. What favor does Diz do for his friend, Pico?
(a) Walks a shark.
(b) Walks his dog.
(c) Feeds his cat.
(d) Feeds his fish.
3. Who kills Linda Polk?
4. Why is Diz summoned to a small town in Chapter 16?
(a) To appear in court.
(b) To identify Steven Cochran.
(c) To visit his mother.
(d) To pay a speeding ticket.
5. What does Alphonse leave at the scene of Linda's murder?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His hat.
(c) His cell phone.
(d) His knife.
6. Which of the following does Sam NOT do after Linda's death?
(a) Gets into the hot tub.
(b) Calls a priest.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Mourns Linda's death.
7. At what university had Abe and Fr. Cavanaugh met before?
8. What is the name of Diz and Jane's son?
9. Which of the following is NOT something Erin Cochran is dealing with in the aftermath of Eddie's death?
(a) Finding a new job.
(b) Going through each day in a stupor.
(c) Trying to understand this family tragedy.
(d) Trying to manage her anger.
10. Who is the lawyer handling the lawsuit against Cruz Publishing?
(a) Matthew R. Brody III.
(b) Matthew L. Brady II.
(c) Michael R. Brody II.
(d) McKenzie S. Brady III.
11. How many years has it been since Diz and Jane were divorced?
12. What is the cause of Sam's death?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(d) Stab wound.
13. Why does Steven think his mother is trying to show him more attention?
(a) She is not trying very hard.
(b) A profound love.
(c) A sense of duty.
(d) A conditional love.
14. Who finds Linda Polk's dead body?
15. Where does Alphonse say he was on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
(a) Having some beers with a friend.
(b) At a movie with his girlfriend.
(c) Having dinner at his mother's house.
(d) Playing in a basketball tournament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
2. What does Arturo Cruz say about the night of Eddie's death?
3. What does Diz think Eddie Cochran was not capable of?
4. Alphonse goes to Linda Polk's apartment to ___________________.
5. At dinner, Diz and Jane talk about their divorce and __________________.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)