|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Eddie Cochran gone to Arturo Cruz' house?
(a) To convince him to stay with Army Distributing.
(b) To play poker.
(c) To drop off some baseball tickets.
(d) To set up the drug deal.
2. What does Diz tell Frannie that lifts her spirits regarding Eddie's death?
(a) There may be a suspect.
(b) They have a surveillance tape of the crime.
(c) She gets bonus life insurance money.
(d) Someone has confessed.
3. What is the name of the small town Diz is summoned to in Chapter 16?
4. What does Arturo Cruz say about the night of Eddie's death?
(a) Arturo did not know Eddie Cochran.
(b) He had a fight with Eddie earlier in the day.
(c) He never saw Eddie on the day he died.
(d) Eddie was dead when Arturo arrived at his building.
5. What does Fr. Cavanaugh reveal when he says that he was almost happy that Eddie died?
(a) A dramatic overstatement.
(b) A motive for murder.
(c) A confession.
(d) An informed speculation.
6. What did Arturo do after finding Eddie's dead body?
(a) He called his lawyer.
(b) He called Frannie.
(c) He returned home.
(d) He notified the police.
7. What does Nika do after Linda's death?
(a) She offers to pay for the funeral.
(b) She cries inconsolably for days.
(c) She offers to cooperate with the investigation.
(d) She leaves Sam.
8. Alphonse goes to Linda Polk's apartment to ___________________.
(a) have dinner.
(b) rob the place.
(c) propose to her.
(d) talk her into getting her father's money for the drug deal.
9. What is the name of Diz and Jane's son?
10. What is the nickname for District Attorney Bargen?
11. Abe Glitsky tells Diz that _____________ is a suspect in Linda's murder.
(a) Sam Polk.
(b) Steven Cochran.
(c) Nika Polk.
(d) Alphonse Page.
12. What does Frannie feel toward Eddie for dying at this point?
13. How does Steven Cochran feel about his place in his family?
(a) He is cautiously optimistic that they will come around.
(b) He knows that he is hated by his family members.
(c) He knows that he is completely loved.
(d) He has never been completely accepted.
14. Who is Arturo Cruz' lover?
15. Who does Diz blame for his son's death?
(a) The nanny.
(d) The babysitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alphonse play basketball against on the night of Eddie Cochran's death?
2. Who suspects that Fr. Cavanaugh may be wrong about the last time he met with Eddie Cochran?
3. To what does Alphonse admit during questioning?
4. Who kills Linda Polk?
5. Who does Diz need to see when he is unable to find the answers in Eddie's death?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)