* Dismas Hardy, a 38-year-old bartender, returns to San Francisco from a two-week vacation in Baja.
* Dismas had once been a father, husband, police officer, and attorney.
* Dismas goes to a Giants game at Candlestick Park where a drunk man falls over a railing to his death.
* Homicide detective, Abe Glitsky, responds to the call at the ballpark where he runs into Dismas, his former police partner.
* Glitsky checks in with Carl Griffin, an officer with whom he is in contention for a promotion, and learns that another call has come in about dead body.
* Dismas hears the name of Eddie Cochran as the dead man and travels to the scene with Abe and identifies the deceased who is the brother-in-law of his boss and friend, Moses.
* They discover that the gun found at Eddie's side was fired twice.
* Dismas and Abe discuss the possible suicide of...
This section contains 2,777 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)