|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only other person to call the Elephant by his childhood nickname, as revealed in Chapter 13?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. According to Sportcoat in Chapter 23, what has not been chosen for Deems?
(a) A life of honesty.
(b) A life of peace.
(c) A life of goodness.
(d) A life of love.
3. According to the Elephant in Chapter 19, which individual must not come to any harm?
(a) His mother.
(b) Harold Dean.
(d) Pudgy Fingers.
4. Which person does Hot Sausage greatly dislike, as revealed in Chapter 17?
(a) Soup Lopez.
5. What is the name of the Governor’s daughter, as revealed in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the homemade object that Sportcoat gives to Deems in Chapter 23?
2. Who will arrange a meeting between Sportcoat and Deems, as discussed in Chapter 17?
3. According to Haroldeen in Chapter 22, she is finished doing what?
4. After helping the Elephant in Chapter 25, for what does Sportcoat ask in return?
5. As Chapter 24 begins, how long has Sportcoat been sober?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Joe Peck seek from the Elephant in Chapter 19?
2. What happens when Sportcoat visits Deems in Chapter 22?
3. What realizations does Sportcoat come to in Chapter 20? What does he decide to do in response?
4. What happens when Hot Sausage interrupts Deems at the pier in Chapter 17?
5. What warning does Potts give to Sister Gee in Chapter 15? How does she react to this warning?
6. What news does Potts give to Sister Gee in Chapter 15?
7. What does Sportcoat reveal about his son in Chapter 26?
8. Who is Melissa? How does the Elephant feel about her, as seen in Chapter 13?
9. What happens to Bunch Moon in Chapter 22?
10. What information does Potts reveal to the Elephant in Chapter 21?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)