|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person does Bunch tell Earl to get in Chapter 14?
(a) Joe Peck.
(b) The Elephant.
(c) Mr. Gorvino.
(d) Harold Dean.
2. What is Hot Sausage wearing in Chapter 17?
(a) A bulletproof vest.
(b) The umpire uniform.
(c) A cop uniform.
(d) A hazmat suit.
3. According to Sportcoat in Chapter 17, Deems has the potential to be as successful as whom?
(a) Josh Gibson.
(b) Jackie Robinson.
(c) Satchel Paige.
(d) Willie Mays.
4. What does Potts know about Sister Gee in Chapter 15?
(a) Her role in the community.
(b) Her interest in him.
(c) Her role in protecting Sportcoat.
(d) Her role in taking Earl to the subway.
5. What is the homemade object that Sportcoat gives to Deems in Chapter 23?
(a) A get-well doll.
(b) A get-well card.
(c) A get-well bracelet.
(d) A get-well potion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Elephant offer Sportcoat in Chapter 16?
2. According to the Governor in Chapter 13, in what city was the Venus discovered?
3. To what pier do Sportcoat and Hot Sausage walk in Chapter 26?
4. With whom does Deems go on a date in Chapter 17?
5. About whom does Potts warn Sister Gee in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Sister Paul give Sportcoat in Chapter 24?
2. How does Sportcoat die?
3. How is the Sportcoat at the end of the novel different from the one at the novel’s beginning?
4. What does Hettie tell Sportcoat in Chapter 20?
5. According to Lightbulb in Chapter 14, how has Deems changed as a result of the shooting?
6. What information does Potts reveal to the Elephant in Chapter 21?
7. Who is Cecil? Why is this name important, as seen in Chapter 13?
8. What news does Potts give to Sister Gee in Chapter 15?
9. Briefly describe the relationship between Sportcoat and Mrs. Elefante, as seen in Chapter 16.
10. Briefly describe the conversation between Sportcoat and the Elephant in Chapter 16.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)