Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
2. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
3. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
4. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
5. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages No Honor Among Thieves. Use the association between Malcolm and West Indian Archie as an example of how criminals do not trust other criminals. Broaden the discussion into the problem of trusting other people when one is not trustworthy himself. Explain why a liar always thinks other people are lying, too.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages on Visual Arts as a Way of Telling a Story. Using Alex Baldwin's scenario, show how the story is moved along and made clear by the use of various visual flashbacks rather than pages of dialog. Give specific examples describing what message of those visuals convey.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages on What Malcolm Might Have Said. From indications in the scenario, find two or three points that Malcolm might have intended to cover in his Audubon Ballroom speech. Discuss each point in detail, giving examples from the scenario.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)