Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
3. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
2. As the racial tensions heat up in the 1960's how do Luther and the Leader begin to react to Malcolm's participation in the Movement?
3. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
4. How does Betty enter into the marriage with Malcolm?
5. What is the climactic scene in the Audubon Ballroom?
6. What does Betty suspect long before Malcolm is aware of it?
7. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
8. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
9. What is Betty's greatest fear?
10. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages on Reevaluating First Impressions. Using Malcolm X as your example, discuss (1) the first impression most white people had about Malcolm X, (2) the changes that took place in his thinking, and (3) the reason most people did not recognize the changes. Apply that example to a discussion of why first impressions are not always reliable but are difficult to change.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages on Charisma. Begin your essay with Mrs. Swerlin's explanation that people like to be around Malcolm and the reasons she gives. Move to the early days within the movement and why many people followed Malcolm as a militant leader. Conclude with how Malcolm's charisma did not overcome the resentment of his followers after he changed his attitude toward people of other elasticities.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages comparing the burning of Malcolm's childhood home and the Molotov cocktail thrown into Malcolm's home just before he is assassinated. Note how the racist feelings on both sides are similar in nature. Discuss the irony of the situation.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)