Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
3. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
2. As the racial tensions heat up in the 1960's how do Luther and the Leader begin to react to Malcolm's participation in the Movement?
3. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
4. How does Betty enter into the marriage with Malcolm?
5. What is the climactic scene in the Audubon Ballroom?
6. What does Betty suspect long before Malcolm is aware of it?
7. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
8. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
9. What is Betty's greatest fear?
10. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of two or more typed, double spaced pages on How Terrorist Klan Activity Affected Malcolm X. In the essay refer to the threats and eventually burning of his family home gave Malcolm his first impressions of surviving in a white world. Include the murder of his father and the lame excuses the insurance company gave for not honoring Earl's policy. Conclude by speculating how such violence can only be expected to breed hatred and fear.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages on the importance of dialog in human relationships. Early on in his career with the Movement, Malcolm never entertained the idea of dialog with white people. He learned the importance of dialog when he visited Mecca. Discuss how open dialog should be the first step taken in bringing conflicting sides together.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages comparing the burning of Malcolm's childhood home and the Molotov cocktail thrown into Malcolm's home just before he is assassinated. Note how the racist feelings on both sides are similar in nature. Discuss the irony of the situation.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)