Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
3. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
2. As the racial tensions heat up in the 1960's how do Luther and the Leader begin to react to Malcolm's participation in the Movement?
3. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
4. How does Betty enter into the marriage with Malcolm?
5. What is the climactic scene in the Audubon Ballroom?
6. What does Betty suspect long before Malcolm is aware of it?
7. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
8. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
9. What is Betty's greatest fear?
10. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages on Reevaluating First Impressions. Using Malcolm X as your example, discuss (1) the first impression most white people had about Malcolm X, (2) the changes that took place in his thinking, and (3) the reason most people did not recognize the changes. Apply that example to a discussion of why first impressions are not always reliable but are difficult to change.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages on What People Pray For. Refer to Luther's comment that black people pray to have in heaven what white people have on Earth. Discuss the materialism in such prayers. Examine how the statement is a generalization that does not consider what white people pray for. Finally, discuss how prayer for supremacy and oppression amounts only to mere words.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay of two or more typed, double-spaced pages on How Things Have Changed Since Malcolm X. Include such things as the civil rights movement led by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., the rise of political figures such as Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, and Andrew Young. Conclude with the election of President Barak Obama.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)