|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the back room at Shorty's.
(b) the parole office.
(c) the courthouse in Boston.
(d) the prison license plate shop.
2. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
(a) Malcolm's mother.
(b) the preseident.
(c) the leader.
(d) the governor.
3. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
(b) he has a large church in Harlem.
(c) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
(d) he has the plans for a revolution.
4. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(b) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(c) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(d) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
5. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is praying loudly.
(b) he is unconscious.
(c) he is raving mad.
(d) he is on a hunger strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
2. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
3. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
4. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
5. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Malcolm follows Luther out of prison, where does he go?
2. Who are Betty's students in the class?
3. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
4. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
5. What further instruction does Luther give Malcolm?
6. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
7. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
8. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
9. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
10. What happens when the white policemen arrive at the fight?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)