|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says it could, given a chance.
(b) he says it might solves something now.
(c) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(d) he says why not find out?
2. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
(b) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(c) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(d) it symbolizes time and infinity.
3. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) trying to prove he is insane.
(b) coming up with a new hustle.
(c) making fun of the white guards.
(d) finding something to occupy his time.
4. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for cursing.
(b) for playing the numbers.
(c) for not working.
(d) for fighting.
5. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
(a) a prison guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
2. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
3. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
4. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
5. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
Short Essay Questions
1. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
2. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
3. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
4. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
5. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
6. What is the result of Malcolm's taking the group of ministers to the jail?
7. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
8. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
9. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
10. Who are Betty's students in the class?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)