|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
(a) a sub-species.
(b) a nation.
(c) an accident of nature.
(d) a lost tribe of Israel.
2. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is unconscious.
(b) he is praying loudly.
(c) he is raving mad.
(d) he is on a hunger strike.
3. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(b) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
(c) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(d) Sidney who was taken into custody.
4. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the parole office.
(b) the back room at Shorty's.
(c) the courthouse in Boston.
(d) the prison license plate shop.
5. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Care of the Elderly.
(b) the Meaning of Marriage.
(c) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
(d) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
3. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
4. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
5. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm discover when he gets to the scene of the fight?
2. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
3. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
4. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
5. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
6. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
7. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
8. What further instruction does Luther give Malcolm?
9. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
10. What is the result of Malcolm's taking the group of ministers to the jail?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)