|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he makes the millionth license plate.
(b) he knocks down a guard.
(c) he dances on a table.
(d) he is leaving.
2. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
(a) looking out for everyone but himself.
(b) looking like the man who raped his mother.
(c) looking like a pimp.
(d) trying to look like a movie star.
3. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) none of them are.
(b) some of them are.
(c) all are without exception.
(d) most of them are.
4. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) her old man won't go for it.
(b) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(c) she feels content with her own religion.
(d) she hates religion.
5. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he has the plans for a revolution.
(b) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
(c) he has a large church in Harlem.
(d) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
2. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
3. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
4. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
5. What does Laura find out about Malcolm as they visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
2. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
3. What happens when the white policemen arrive at the fight?
4. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
5. What does Malcolm, now a Muslim minister, organize after the riot in Harlem?
6. What is the result of Malcolm's taking the group of ministers to the jail?
7. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
8. Who are Betty's students in the class?
9. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
10. What further instruction does Luther give Malcolm?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)