|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they are equal to men.
(b) they rule the roost.
(c) they are like queens.
(d) they are subservient.
2. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
(a) made him feel like the greatest black man.
(b) made him feel there was no hope.
(c) made him feel homewick for Luther.
(d) made him feel like the Leader doesn't understand.
3. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(b) that he is ashamed of who he is.
(c) that he looks really nice.
(d) that he's fooling himself.
4. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he has a large church in Harlem.
(b) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
(c) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
(d) he has the plans for a revolution.
5. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he is leaving.
(b) he knocks down a guard.
(c) he makes the millionth license plate.
(d) he dances on a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
2. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
3. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
5. Who is Laura's old man?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)