|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(b) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
(c) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
(d) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
2. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
(a) looking like the man who raped his mother.
(b) looking like a pimp.
(c) looking out for everyone but himself.
(d) trying to look like a movie star.
3. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
4. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(b) it represent a change in attitudes.
(c) it symbolized progress.
(d) it represents servitude of the black man.
5. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) hire a good lawyer.
(b) not eat any more pork.
(c) write an apology letter to the warden.
(d) let his hair go natural.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
2. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
3. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
4. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
5. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
3. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
4. What does Malcolm discover when he gets to the scene of the fight?
5. After Malcolm follows Luther out of prison, where does he go?
6. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
7. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
8. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
9. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
10. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)