|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
2. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
(b) he goes and calls a lawyer.
(c) he says they will return with more people.
(d) he says they will do that.
3. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it represent a change in attitudes.
(b) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(c) it symbolized progress.
(d) it represents servitude of the black man.
4. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) most of them are.
(b) none of them are.
(c) all are without exception.
(d) some of them are.
5. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) making fun of the white guards.
(b) coming up with a new hustle.
(c) finding something to occupy his time.
(d) trying to prove he is insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
2. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
3. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
4. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
5. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
2. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
3. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
4. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
5. What happens when the white policemen arrive at the fight?
6. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
7. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
8. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
9. After Malcolm follows Luther out of prison, where does he go?
10. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)