|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) making fun of the white guards.
(b) coming up with a new hustle.
(c) trying to prove he is insane.
(d) finding something to occupy his time.
2. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she hates religion.
(b) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(c) she feels content with her own religion.
(d) her old man won't go for it.
3. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
(a) they don't print in words blacks can understand.
(b) they don't print news of whtie atrocities.
(c) they don't print anything at all about the black community.
(d) they don't print anything to give blacks pride in themselves.
4. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
(a) the Preacher.
(b) the Leader.
(c) the Numbers Runner.
(d) the Judge.
5. What are Laura's parting words to Malcolm?
(a) you're still as stupid as you always were.
(b) you're still the nicest boy I ever met.
(c) you're still the dreamer.
(d) you're fooling yourself, you know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
2. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
4. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
5. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
2. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
4. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
5. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
6. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
7. What further instruction does Luther give Malcolm?
8. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
9. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
10. What is the result of Malcolm's taking the group of ministers to the jail?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)