|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) write an apology letter to the warden.
(b) not eat any more pork.
(c) hire a good lawyer.
(d) let his hair go natural.
2. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
(a) the white people who killed him.
(b) the uncleaness of his brother.
(c) the conflict of society.
(d) a sign from a black God.
3. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) most of them are.
(b) some of them are.
(c) all are without exception.
(d) none of them are.
4. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is watching his weight.
(b) that he is losing his mind.
(c) that he is alergic to pork.
(d) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
5. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(b) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(c) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
(d) the noise coming from outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
2. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
3. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
4. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
5. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What further instruction does Luther give Malcolm?
2. After Malcolm follows Luther out of prison, where does he go?
3. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
4. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
5. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
6. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
7. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
8. What is the result of Malcolm's taking the group of ministers to the jail?
9. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
10. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)