|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
(b) the noise coming from outside.
(c) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(d) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
2. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) light his cigarette.
(b) figure out his problem.
(c) call him by his name.
(d) give him advice.
3. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
(a) whether Jesus was white.
(b) whether Jesus actually raised from the dead.
(c) whether Jesus was nothing more than a prophet.
(d) whether Jesus actually lived.
4. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
(b) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
(c) that their skin may bleach white.
(d) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
5. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) not eat any more pork.
(b) hire a good lawyer.
(c) let his hair go natural.
(d) write an apology letter to the warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
2. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
3. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
4. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
5. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
2. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
3. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
4. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
5. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
6. What happens when the white policemen arrive at the fight?
7. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
8. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
9. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
10. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)