|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
(a) made him feel like the Leader doesn't understand.
(b) made him feel like the greatest black man.
(c) made him feel homewick for Luther.
(d) made him feel there was no hope.
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
(a) they were black people.
(b) they were from a swamp.
(c) they went to Africa to settle.
(d) they were originally monkeys.
3. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) nursed him through sickness.
(b) cooked his meals.
(c) turned tricks.
(d) bought drugs for him.
4. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
(a) so she can get home before her old man.
(b) so she doesn't have to beg on the streets.
(c) so she doesn't have to turn another trick.
(d) so her old man won't beat her when she gets home.
5. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is on a hunger strike.
(b) he is raving mad.
(c) he is praying loudly.
(d) he is unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
2. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
4. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
5. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
2. What happens when the white policemen arrive at the fight?
3. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
4. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
5. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
6. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
7. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
8. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
9. What does Malcolm, now a Muslim minister, organize after the riot in Harlem?
10. What does Malcolm discover when he gets to the scene of the fight?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)