|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
(b) they symbolize a new age.
(c) they symbolize new power.
(d) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
2. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) light his cigarette.
(b) give him advice.
(c) figure out his problem.
(d) call him by his name.
3. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he makes the millionth license plate.
(b) he dances on a table.
(c) he is leaving.
(d) he knocks down a guard.
4. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they are subservient.
(b) they are like queens.
(c) they are equal to men.
(d) they rule the roost.
5. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
(b) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(c) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
(d) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
2. What are Laura's parting words to Malcolm?
3. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
4. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
5. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
2. What is the result of Malcolm's taking the group of ministers to the jail?
3. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
4. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
5. After Malcolm follows Luther out of prison, where does he go?
6. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
7. Who are Betty's students in the class?
8. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
9. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
10. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)