|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
(a) by keeping her away from Daniel.
(b) by marrying her.
(c) by showing her a better way.
(d) by helping her finish school.
2. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says it could, given a chance.
(b) he says why not find out?
(c) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(d) he says it might solves something now.
3. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) subway fare.
(b) a recommendation.
(d) a place to stay.
4. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
(a) she says Luther did not usually make friends in prison.
(b) she says he looks like a preacher.
(c) she says he looks too clean cut.
(d) she says he doesn't look old enough.
5. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
(a) the governor.
(b) the preseident.
(c) the leader.
(d) Malcolm's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
2. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
3. Who is Sidney?
4. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
5. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
2. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
3. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
4. After Malcolm follows Luther out of prison, where does he go?
5. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
6. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
7. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
8. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
9. Who are Betty's students in the class?
10. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)