|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(b) that he looks really nice.
(c) that he's fooling himself.
(d) that he is ashamed of who he is.
2. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
(a) made him feel homewick for Luther.
(b) made him feel like the Leader doesn't understand.
(c) made him feel there was no hope.
(d) made him feel like the greatest black man.
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that Allah created only black people.
(b) that God is black.
(c) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
(d) that God is color blind.
4. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a dress that is mended many times.
(b) a lot of rags tied together.
(c) a torn dress.
(d) a dress that is past mending.
5. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is watching his weight.
(b) that he is losing his mind.
(c) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
(d) that he is alergic to pork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
2. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
3. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
4. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
5. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm, now a Muslim minister, organize after the riot in Harlem?
2. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
3. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
4. What does Malcolm discover when he gets to the scene of the fight?
5. What happens when the white policemen arrive at the fight?
6. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
7. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
8. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
9. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
10. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)