|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) let his hair go natural.
(b) write an apology letter to the warden.
(c) hire a good lawyer.
(d) not eat any more pork.
2. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
(a) made him feel there was no hope.
(b) made him feel like the Leader doesn't understand.
(c) made him feel homewick for Luther.
(d) made him feel like the greatest black man.
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
(b) that Allah created only black people.
(c) that God is color blind.
(d) that God is black.
4. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) most of them are.
(b) some of them are.
(c) none of them are.
(d) all are without exception.
5. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
(a) it must be good because Luther is never wrong.
(b) it must be something metaphysical.
(c) it must be some kind of test for him.
(d) it must be a way to control him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
2. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
3. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
5. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
2. What does Malcolm discover when he gets to the scene of the fight?
3. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
4. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
5. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
6. What further instruction does Luther give Malcolm?
7. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
8. What does Malcolm, now a Muslim minister, organize after the riot in Harlem?
9. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
10. What is the result of Malcolm's taking the group of ministers to the jail?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)