|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
(a) they were from a swamp.
(b) they were originally monkeys.
(c) they went to Africa to settle.
(d) they were black people.
2. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they are subservient.
(b) they are like queens.
(c) they are equal to men.
(d) they rule the roost.
3. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for cursing.
(b) for fighting.
(c) for not working.
(d) for playing the numbers.
4. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
(a) the Judge.
(b) the Numbers Runner.
(c) the Preacher.
(d) the Leader.
5. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he says they will do that.
(b) he goes and calls a lawyer.
(c) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
(d) he says they will return with more people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
2. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
3. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
4. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
5. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)