|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) why people call Malcolm Red.
(b) who introduced them the first time.
(c) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
(d) where Archie met Malcolm.
2. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they are like queens.
(b) they are equal to men.
(c) they rule the roost.
(d) they are subservient.
3. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(b) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
(c) they symbolize new power.
(d) they symbolize a new age.
4. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
(b) he says they will return with more people.
(c) he goes and calls a lawyer.
(d) he says they will do that.
5. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
2. Who is Laura's old man?
3. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
4. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
5. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
2. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
3. What does Malcolm, now a Muslim minister, organize after the riot in Harlem?
4. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
5. What does Malcolm discover when he gets to the scene of the fight?
6. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
7. After Malcolm follows Luther out of prison, where does he go?
8. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
9. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
10. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)