|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he makes the millionth license plate.
(b) he is leaving.
(c) he knocks down a guard.
(d) he dances on a table.
2. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(b) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
(c) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(d) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
3. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is watching his weight.
(b) that he is losing his mind.
(c) that he is alergic to pork.
(d) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
4. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(b) a declaration of independence.
(c) a community newspaper for black people.
(d) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
5. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) bought drugs for him.
(b) cooked his meals.
(c) turned tricks.
(d) nursed him through sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
2. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
4. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
5. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Betty's students in the class?
2. What further instruction does Luther give Malcolm?
3. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
4. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
5. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
6. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
7. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
8. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
9. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
10. After Malcolm follows Luther out of prison, where does he go?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)