|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he is Muslim.
(b) if he likes black women.
(c) if he has a job.
(d) if he is married.
2. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
(a) looking like the man who raped his mother.
(b) trying to look like a movie star.
(c) looking like a pimp.
(d) looking out for everyone but himself.
3. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) a place to stay.
(c) a recommendation.
(d) subway fare.
4. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) where Archie met Malcolm.
(b) who introduced them the first time.
(c) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
(d) why people call Malcolm Red.
5. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
(a) she says he looks like a preacher.
(b) she says Luther did not usually make friends in prison.
(c) she says he looks too clean cut.
(d) she says he doesn't look old enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
3. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
4. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
5. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
2. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
3. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
4. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
5. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
6. What further instruction does Luther give Malcolm?
7. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
8. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
9. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
10. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)