|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
(a) by showing her a better way.
(b) by helping her finish school.
(c) by keeping her away from Daniel.
(d) by marrying her.
2. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
(a) it must be some kind of test for him.
(b) it must be a way to control him.
(c) it must be something metaphysical.
(d) it must be good because Luther is never wrong.
3. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) bought drugs for him.
(b) cooked his meals.
(c) nursed him through sickness.
(d) turned tricks.
4. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
(a) made him feel homewick for Luther.
(b) made him feel there was no hope.
(c) made him feel like the Leader doesn't understand.
(d) made him feel like the greatest black man.
5. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for playing the numbers.
(b) for cursing.
(c) for fighting.
(d) for not working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
2. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
3. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
4. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
5. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
2. What does Malcolm discover when he gets to the scene of the fight?
3. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
4. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
5. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
6. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
7. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
8. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
9. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
10. What is the result of Malcolm's taking the group of ministers to the jail?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)