|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(b) they are devils created by Satan.
(c) they are inferior to the black nation.
(d) they are men without souls.
2. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
(a) to pick a lock.
(b) to look for a lost coin.
(c) to ask Laura to marry him.
(d) to pray.
3. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
(a) all the newspapers he can think of.
(b) all the gang members he can find.
(c) all the ministers he can find.
(d) all the black colleges.
4. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
5. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(b) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
(c) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(d) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
2. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
3. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
4. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
5. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the white policemen arrive at the fight?
2. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
3. What life-changing information does Malcolm finally receive from Luther?
4. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
5. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
6. What does Malcolm discover when he gets to the scene of the fight?
7. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
8. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
9. What does Malcolm, now a Muslim minister, organize after the riot in Harlem?
10. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)