|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
(a) she says he doesn't look old enough.
(b) she says Luther did not usually make friends in prison.
(c) she says he looks like a preacher.
(d) she says he looks too clean cut.
2. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(b) a declaration of independence.
(c) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(d) a community newspaper for black people.
3. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
4. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) cooked his meals.
(b) bought drugs for him.
(c) turned tricks.
(d) nursed him through sickness.
5. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he knocks down a guard.
(b) he is leaving.
(c) he makes the millionth license plate.
(d) he dances on a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
2. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
3. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
4. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
5. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
2. Who sees the potential in Malcolm and gives him good advice?
3. What does Malcolm discover when he gets to the scene of the fight?
4. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
5. What happens when the white policemen arrive at the fight?
6. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
7. Who are Betty's students in the class?
8. How does Malcolm show his humility after becoming a Muslim minister?
9. Who gets beaten badly although he had nothing to do with the original fight?
10. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)