|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he is Muslim.
(b) if he has a job.
(c) if he likes black women.
(d) if he is married.
2. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she hates religion.
(b) her old man won't go for it.
(c) she feels content with her own religion.
(d) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
3. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
4. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
(a) that he is crazy as a loon.
(b) that he is buying a lie.
(c) that he sounds like her grandmother.
(d) that he comes from Mars.
5. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is unconscious.
(b) he is raving mad.
(c) he is praying loudly.
(d) he is on a hunger strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
2. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
3. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
4. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
5. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)