|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
(a) so she doesn't have to beg on the streets.
(b) so she can get home before her old man.
(c) so she doesn't have to turn another trick.
(d) so her old man won't beat her when she gets home.
2. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize new power.
(b) they symbolize a new age.
(c) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(d) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
3. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
4. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) finding something to occupy his time.
(b) coming up with a new hustle.
(c) making fun of the white guards.
(d) trying to prove he is insane.
5. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
(a) the Leader.
(b) the Preacher.
(c) the Numbers Runner.
(d) the Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
2. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
4. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
5. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
2. What quickly becomes clear about Luther's son, Sidney?
3. Why are Luther, Sidney, and Malcolm waiting outside a classroom one day?
4. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
5. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
6. After Malcolm follows Luther out of prison, where does he go?
7. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway later one night?
8. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
9. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
10. Who are Betty's students in the class?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)