|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(a) a pilot.
(b) a sea gull.
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) with cash he made running numbers.
(b) on his credit card.
(c) from a closet of stolen goods.
(d) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
3. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(b) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
4. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(b) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(c) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(d) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
5. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(b) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(c) picking cotton and baling hay.
(d) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
2. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
3. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
4. What city had Laura never heard of?
5. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
2. Unable to pursue his dream, what happens to Malcolm?
3. What are the two religious books where Malcolm's name is written?
4. In another flashback, how does Malcolm see himself as a prisoner?
5. Whose voice do the viewers hear saying, "Brothers, sisters, this is not our home! Our homeland is in Africa! In Africa!"
6. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
7. Who does Louise Little, Malcolm's mother, have to confront in the back yard of her house?
8. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
9. What does Malcolm muse about as he thinks about his past?
10. What is the opening sequence in the screenplay?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)