|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
(a) that she is proud of her black culture.
(b) that she is more whte than they are.
(c) that she might be their daughter or sister.
(d) that she is proof blacks and whites can get along.
2. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
3. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Mohammed Ali.
(b) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(c) Jackie Robinson.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
4. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(b) not to make friends with bad people.
(c) not to expect too much from your friends.
(d) not to make friends with people others do not like.
5. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(b) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(c) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(d) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
2. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
3. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
4. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
5. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Klan's warning to Louise?
2. What dramatic technique does Baldwin use to set up the background of the movie?
3. What is the scene where the character of Laura is introduced?
4. What does Malcolm muse about as he thinks about his past?
5. Where did Alex Baldwin get the material to write the scenario?
6. In another flashback, how does Malcolm see himself as a prisoner?
7. What comes out to explain Louise's fair complexion?
8. Unable to pursue his dream, what happens to Malcolm?
9. When the radio announces that Malcolm X will speak at the Audubon Ballroom, what does the viewer learn?
10. Whose voice do the viewers hear saying, "Brothers, sisters, this is not our home! Our homeland is in Africa! In Africa!"
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)