|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) taking care of his baby brother.
(b) having his mother teach him how to read.
(c) growing peas in his own garden.
(d) carrying heavy things for his mother.
2. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
(a) he always forgets numbers in his head.
(b) he writes down everything.
(c) he writes numbers backwards.
(d) he never wrote down a number in his life.
3. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) forming a Black Liberation Army.
(b) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
(c) trying to make a name for himself.
(d) preaching insurrection against the president.
4. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(b) picking cotton and baling hay.
(c) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(d) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
5. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he has a massive heart attack.
(b) he is run over by a trolley.
(c) he is hanged by the Klan.
(d) he is drowned in the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
2. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
3. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
4. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
5. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two religious books where Malcolm's name is written?
2. What does Malcolm muse about as he thinks about his past?
3. How does Malcolm recall his father?
4. What comes out to explain Louise's fair complexion?
5. Whose voice do the viewers hear saying, "Brothers, sisters, this is not our home! Our homeland is in Africa! In Africa!"
6. What is the scene where the character of Laura is introduced?
7. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
8. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
9. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
10. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)