|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have names given by God.
(b) I have had so many names.
(c) My name is Legion.
(d) I have no name really.
2. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(b) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(c) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
3. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she feels superior to other blacks.
(b) she wishes she had married a white man.
(c) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(d) she feels superior to Earl.
4. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
(a) the Klan will go after someone else.
(b) God will help them find a better place.
(c) they won't have any income.
(d) it will be the same wherever they go.
5. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) remove Louise's children.
(b) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(c) deny Louise any assistance.
(d) make Louise find a full time job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
2. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
3. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
4. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
5. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty tell their children about Malcolm's frequent absences?
2. What marks a real turning point for Malcolm and his message?
3. What is the significance of Malcolm's attempts to straighten his hair, according to Luther?
4. How soon are Malcolm and Betty parted?
5. Describe the abrupt change of scene from the meeting with Betty outside her classroom.
6. What further instruction does Luther give Malcolm?
7. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
8. What is the climactic scene in the Audubon Ballroom?
9. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
10. What comes out to explain Louise's fair complexion?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)