|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he has a massive heart attack.
(b) he is hanged by the Klan.
(c) he is drowned in the ocean.
(d) he is run over by a trolley.
2. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have names given by God.
(b) I have had so many names.
(c) My name is Legion.
(d) I have no name really.
3. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
(a) God will help them find a better place.
(b) it will be the same wherever they go.
(c) the Klan will go after someone else.
(d) they won't have any income.
4. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) the Klan burns down their house.
(b) a storm arises.
(c) Earl is shot in his bed.
(d) Louise has a miscarriage.
5. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
(a) images on the car windshield.
(b) images in Malcolm's sun glasses.
(c) images in the rearview mirror.
(d) images in the windows of building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
2. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
3. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
4. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose voice do the viewers hear saying, "Brothers, sisters, this is not our home! Our homeland is in Africa! In Africa!"
2. Who does Louise Little, Malcolm's mother, have to confront in the back yard of her house?
3. What image does the sight of a blonde woman crossing the street arouse in Malcolm?
4. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
5. What dramatic technique does Baldwin use to set up the background of the movie?
6. When the radio announces that Malcolm X will speak at the Audubon Ballroom, what does the viewer learn?
7. What comes out to explain Louise's fair complexion?
8. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
9. How does Malcolm recall his father?
10. What stands in the way of Malcolm's marrying Laura?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)