|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) on his credit card.
(b) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(c) from a closet of stolen goods.
(d) with cash he made running numbers.
2. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(b) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(c) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(d) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
3. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
4. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(c) Ali Hussein.
(d) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
5. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
(b) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
(c) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
(d) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
2. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
3. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
4. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
5. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
2. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
3. What is the scene where the character of Laura is introduced?
4. What image does the sight of a blonde woman crossing the street arouse in Malcolm?
5. What does Malcolm muse about as he thinks about his past?
6. Unable to pursue his dream, what happens to Malcolm?
7. What is the Klan's warning to Louise?
8. Where did Alex Baldwin get the material to write the scenario?
9. How does Malcolm recall his father?
10. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)