|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(b) a sea gull.
(c) a pilot.
2. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
(a) the Klan will go after someone else.
(b) it will be the same wherever they go.
(c) they won't have any income.
(d) God will help them find a better place.
3. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) no one else is running against him.
(b) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
(c) most of the students think he is white.
(d) he has the best grades and he is popular.
4. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
(a) that he is only nice to people who are nice to him.
(b) that he was raised by his mother to be a nice boy.
(c) that he is not nice and Laura's grandmother is right about him.
(d) that she may not agree when she knows him better.
5. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
(a) a hammer blow to the back of his head.
(b) his knees were shattered.
(c) his hands were tied behind him.
(d) a stab wound in his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
2. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
3. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
4. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What image does the sight of a blonde woman crossing the street arouse in Malcolm?
2. What is the scene where the character of Laura is introduced?
3. When the radio announces that Malcolm X will speak at the Audubon Ballroom, what does the viewer learn?
4. What are the two religious books where Malcolm's name is written?
5. What dramatic technique does Baldwin use to set up the background of the movie?
6. What is the opening sequence in the screenplay?
7. In another flashback, how does Malcolm see himself as a prisoner?
8. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
9. What does Malcolm muse about as he thinks about his past?
10. What is the Klan's warning to Louise?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)