|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) smash in all the windows.
(b) burn a cross in the front yard.
(c) throw black and red paint on it.
(d) set the house on fire.
2. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
(a) that he will have two more years of probation.
(b) that he will still have to serve out his sentence.
(c) that he will not have to go to the reform school.
(d) that his mother attempted suicide.
3. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
(a) George Washington.
(b) George Washington Carver.
(c) Dred Scott.
(d) Paul Revere.
4. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
(a) that she is proof blacks and whites can get along.
(b) that she might be their daughter or sister.
(c) that she is more whte than they are.
(d) that she is proud of her black culture.
5. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have no name really.
(b) I have names given by God.
(c) My name is Legion.
(d) I have had so many names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
2. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
3. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
4. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
5. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the radio announces that Malcolm X will speak at the Audubon Ballroom, what does the viewer learn?
2. What stands in the way of Malcolm's marrying Laura?
3. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
4. How does Malcolm recall his father?
5. What is the Klan's warning to Louise?
6. What is the opening sequence in the screenplay?
7. What is the scene where the character of Laura is introduced?
8. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
9. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
10. Who does Louise Little, Malcolm's mother, have to confront in the back yard of her house?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)