|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(b) not to make friends with bad people.
(c) not to expect too much from your friends.
(d) not to make friends with people others do not like.
2. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(c) Jackie Robinson.
(d) Mohammed Ali.
3. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) the Klan burns down their house.
(b) Earl is shot in his bed.
(c) Louise has a miscarriage.
(d) a storm arises.
4. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
5. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
(a) if she puts out for Malcolm, she'll have to put out for Paul.
(b) he wants the girl to scream rape and send Malcolm to jail.
(c) he wants Malcolm to get into trouble.
(d) he wants to get revenge on the girl for jilting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
2. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
3. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
4. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
5. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty tell their children about Malcolm's frequent absences?
2. What does Betty go to discuss with Sidney?
3. As the second part opens, what is happening to Malcolm?
4. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
5. What does Malcolm muse about as he thinks about his past?
6. What is Malcolm's idea about provision for Betty and the children if something happens to him?
7. As the racial tensions heat up in the 1960's how do Luther and the Leader begin to react to Malcolm's participation in the Movement?
8. What is the nature of the directive to Muslim ministers regarding the assassination of the president?
9. In another flashback, how does Malcolm see himself as a prisoner?
10. What is the Klan's warning to Louise?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)