|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(b) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
(c) the burning down of his father's church.
(d) his father being whipped by the Klan.
2. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(b) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(c) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(d) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
3. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(b) a sea gull.
(c) a pilot.
4. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) remove Louise's children.
(b) make Louise find a full time job.
(c) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(d) deny Louise any assistance.
5. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
2. Who is Sophia?
3. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
4. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
5. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stands in the way of Malcolm's marrying Laura?
2. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
3. Who does Louise Little, Malcolm's mother, have to confront in the back yard of her house?
4. How does Malcolm recall his father?
5. What dramatic technique does Baldwin use to set up the background of the movie?
6. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
7. Unable to pursue his dream, what happens to Malcolm?
8. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
9. Where did Alex Baldwin get the material to write the scenario?
10. What is the Klan's warning to Louise?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)