|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
(b) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
(c) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
(d) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
2. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) no one else is running against him.
(b) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
(c) he has the best grades and he is popular.
(d) most of the students think he is white.
3. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
(b) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
(c) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(d) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
4. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
(a) to attempt suicide.
(b) to scare people into doing his will.
(c) to put on a show for his friends.
(d) to show he is not afraid to die.
5. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he can't dance.
(b) because he has no money.
(c) because he is black.
(d) because he has no good clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
2. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
3. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
4. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
5. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Alex Baldwin get the material to write the scenario?
2. Unable to pursue his dream, what happens to Malcolm?
3. What is the opening sequence in the screenplay?
4. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
5. Who does Louise Little, Malcolm's mother, have to confront in the back yard of her house?
6. When the radio announces that Malcolm X will speak at the Audubon Ballroom, what does the viewer learn?
7. What is the scene where the character of Laura is introduced?
8. Whose voice do the viewers hear saying, "Brothers, sisters, this is not our home! Our homeland is in Africa! In Africa!"
9. What does Malcolm muse about as he thinks about his past?
10. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)