|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(b) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(c) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
(d) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
2. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) make Louise find a full time job.
(b) remove Louise's children.
(c) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(d) deny Louise any assistance.
3. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
(b) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
(d) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
4. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
(a) he never wrote down a number in his life.
(b) he writes numbers backwards.
(c) he writes down everything.
(d) he always forgets numbers in his head.
5. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
(b) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
(c) he reports everything to the police.
(d) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
2. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
3. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
4. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
5. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stands in the way of Malcolm's marrying Laura?
2. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
3. In another flashback, how does Malcolm see himself as a prisoner?
4. What is the Klan's warning to Louise?
5. What image does the sight of a blonde woman crossing the street arouse in Malcolm?
6. What comes out to explain Louise's fair complexion?
7. What are the two religious books where Malcolm's name is written?
8. Unable to pursue his dream, what happens to Malcolm?
9. What does Malcolm muse about as he thinks about his past?
10. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)