|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she wishes she had married a white man.
(b) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(c) she feels superior to other blacks.
(d) she feels superior to Earl.
2. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
(a) they say he missed the last payment.
(b) they say his policy excludes accidents.
(c) they say his policy was lost.
(d) they say he committed suicide
3. Who is Sophia?
(a) Malcolm's white lover.
(b) Malcolm's sister.
(c) Malcolm's fantasy girlfriend.
(d) Malcolm's grandmother.
4. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
(a) playing soccer.
(b) playing basketball.
(c) making speeches.
(d) writing essays.
5. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) his congregation keeps him out late.
(b) his car is out of gas.
(c) he misses the trolley.
(d) no taxi will pick him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
2. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
3. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
4. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Alex Baldwin get the material to write the scenario?
2. What happens when the white policemen arrive at the fight?
3. As the racial tensions heat up in the 1960's how do Luther and the Leader begin to react to Malcolm's participation in the Movement?
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm about?
5. What is the nature of the directive to Muslim ministers regarding the assassination of the president?
6. How does Malcolm defy the directive?
7. What image does the sight of a blonde woman crossing the street arouse in Malcolm?
8. What does Betty go to discuss with Sidney?
9. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
10. What does Betty suspect long before Malcolm is aware of it?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)