|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(b) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(c) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(d) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) from a closet of stolen goods.
(b) on his credit card.
(c) with cash he made running numbers.
(d) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
3. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) his father being whipped by the Klan.
(b) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(c) the burning down of his father's church.
(d) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(b) she babysits their small children.
(c) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(d) she walks their dogs.
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
(a) in a breadline.
(b) in an asylum.
(c) in a cafeteria.
(d) in a mosque.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
2. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
3. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
4. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luther continue to influence Malcolm in prison?
2. As the racial tensions heat up in the 1960's how do Luther and the Leader begin to react to Malcolm's participation in the Movement?
3. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
4. How does Betty enter into the marriage with Malcolm?
5. What is the climactic scene in the Audubon Ballroom?
6. What does Betty suspect long before Malcolm is aware of it?
7. What event does Malcolm remember as he watches people on the streets?
8. After his father is murdered and his mother placed in an asylum, what happens to Malcolm?
9. What is Betty's greatest fear?
10. Who calls Malcolm to the scene?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)