|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
(b) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
(c) turning out lawyers to become judges.
(d) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
2. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
(a) he never wrote down a number in his life.
(b) he always forgets numbers in his head.
(c) he writes down everything.
(d) he writes numbers backwards.
3. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
(a) they won't have any income.
(b) it will be the same wherever they go.
(c) the Klan will go after someone else.
(d) God will help them find a better place.
4. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(a) the State of Georgia.
(c) the North of the United States.
(d) the Caribbean Islands.
5. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
(a) he doesn't know what to say to her.
(b) he doesn't think they let her have mail.
(c) he thinks his letters will only cause trouble.
(d) he is trying to make her forget him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
2. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
3. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
4. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
5. Who is Sophia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malcolm recall his father?
2. What stands in the way of Malcolm's marrying Laura?
3. What image does the sight of a blonde woman crossing the street arouse in Malcolm?
4. What is the opening sequence in the screenplay?
5. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
6. Who does Louise Little, Malcolm's mother, have to confront in the back yard of her house?
7. What is Malcolm's ambition after he finishes high school?
8. Whose voice do the viewers hear saying, "Brothers, sisters, this is not our home! Our homeland is in Africa! In Africa!"
9. What comes out to explain Louise's fair complexion?
10. Where did Alex Baldwin get the material to write the scenario?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)