|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
(a) it must be good because Luther is never wrong.
(b) it must be some kind of test for him.
(c) it must be a way to control him.
(d) it must be something metaphysical.
2. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he is ashamed of who he is.
(b) that he's fooling himself.
(c) that he looks really nice.
(d) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
3. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the courthouse in Boston.
(b) the parole office.
(c) the back room at Shorty's.
(d) the prison license plate shop.
4. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(b) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
(c) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
(d) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
5. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
(a) to pick a lock.
(b) to pray.
(c) to ask Laura to marry him.
(d) to look for a lost coin.
6. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he makes the millionth license plate.
(b) he knocks down a guard.
(c) he is leaving.
(d) he dances on a table.
7. Who is Laura's old man?
(a) a lesbian lover.
(b) an escaped convict.
(c) her second husband.
(d) a pimp.
8. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a community newspaper for black people.
(b) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(c) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(d) a declaration of independence.
9. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) none of them are.
(b) all are without exception.
(c) some of them are.
(d) most of them are.
10. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(b) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(c) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(d) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
11. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
(b) that he is watching his weight.
(c) that he is losing his mind.
(d) that he is alergic to pork.
12. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize a new age.
(b) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(c) they symbolize new power.
(d) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
13. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are inferior to the black nation.
(b) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(c) they are devils created by Satan.
(d) they are men without souls.
14. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) cooked his meals.
(b) bought drugs for him.
(c) nursed him through sickness.
(d) turned tricks.
15. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he has a job.
(b) if he is married.
(c) if he is Muslim.
(d) if he likes black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
2. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
3. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
4. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
5. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)