|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(b) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
(c) the noise coming from outside.
(d) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
2. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) just to talk.
(b) a drink.
(c) something to eat.
(d) a glass of milk.
3. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
(a) the governor.
(b) the preseident.
(c) the leader.
(d) Malcolm's mother.
4. Who is Sidney?
(a) Laura's boyfriend.
(b) Louise's husband.
(c) Malcolm's brother.
(d) Luther's son.
5. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a dress that is past mending.
(b) a dress that is mended many times.
(c) a lot of rags tied together.
(d) a torn dress.
6. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) call him by his name.
(b) give him advice.
(c) light his cigarette.
(d) figure out his problem.
7. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
(a) a sub-species.
(b) a nation.
(c) a lost tribe of Israel.
(d) an accident of nature.
8. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
(b) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
(c) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(d) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
9. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the courthouse in Boston.
(b) the back room at Shorty's.
(c) the prison license plate shop.
(d) the parole office.
10. Who is Laura's old man?
(a) an escaped convict.
(b) a lesbian lover.
(c) a pimp.
(d) her second husband.
11. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he has a large church in Harlem.
(b) he has the plans for a revolution.
(c) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
(d) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
12. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
(b) the Care of the Elderly.
(c) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
(d) the Meaning of Marriage.
13. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
(c) a prison guard.
14. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
(b) that Allah created only black people.
(c) that God is color blind.
(d) that God is black.
15. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
(a) to look for a lost coin.
(b) to pray.
(c) to ask Laura to marry him.
(d) to pick a lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
2. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
3. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
4. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
5. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)