|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) not eat any more pork.
(b) hire a good lawyer.
(c) let his hair go natural.
(d) write an apology letter to the warden.
2. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) a drink.
(b) a glass of milk.
(c) just to talk.
(d) something to eat.
3. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(b) they are devils created by Satan.
(c) they are inferior to the black nation.
(d) they are men without souls.
4. What are Laura's parting words to Malcolm?
(a) you're fooling yourself, you know.
(b) you're still as stupid as you always were.
(c) you're still the nicest boy I ever met.
(d) you're still the dreamer.
5. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he makes the millionth license plate.
(b) he is leaving.
(c) he knocks down a guard.
(d) he dances on a table.
6. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
(a) like a stranger in a strange land.
(b) like he lived there in another lifetime.
(c) like an animal being hunted down.
(d) like someone raised from the dead.
7. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that God is black.
(b) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
(c) that God is color blind.
(d) that Allah created only black people.
8. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a community newspaper for black people.
(b) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(c) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(d) a declaration of independence.
9. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
10. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) coming up with a new hustle.
(b) trying to prove he is insane.
(c) making fun of the white guards.
(d) finding something to occupy his time.
11. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
(b) that their skin may bleach white.
(c) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
(d) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
12. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
(a) when she was sixteen-years-old.
(b) soon after sydney was born.
(c) when Luther went to prison.
(d) right after Luther came home.
13. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) turned tricks.
(b) cooked his meals.
(c) nursed him through sickness.
(d) bought drugs for him.
14. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
(a) they don't print anything at all about the black community.
(b) they don't print in words blacks can understand.
(c) they don't print anything to give blacks pride in themselves.
(d) they don't print news of whtie atrocities.
15. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
(b) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(c) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(d) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
2. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
3. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
4. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
5. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)