Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
(a) they were from a swamp.
(b) they were originally monkeys.
(c) they went to Africa to settle.
(d) they were black people.
2. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they are subservient.
(b) they are like queens.
(c) they are equal to men.
(d) they rule the roost.
3. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for cursing.
(b) for fighting.
(c) for not working.
(d) for playing the numbers.
4. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
(a) the Judge.
(b) the Numbers Runner.
(c) the Preacher.
(d) the Leader.
5. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he says they will do that.
(b) he goes and calls a lawyer.
(c) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
(d) he says they will return with more people.
6. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) most of them are.
(b) none of them are.
(c) some of them are.
(d) all are without exception.
7. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
(a) made him feel homewick for Luther.
(b) made him feel like the greatest black man.
(c) made him feel there was no hope.
(d) made him feel like the Leader doesn't understand.
8. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the noise coming from outside.
(b) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(c) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
(d) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
9. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
(a) by keeping her away from Daniel.
(b) by marrying her.
(c) by showing her a better way.
(d) by helping her finish school.
10. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
(a) she says he looks too clean cut.
(b) she says Luther did not usually make friends in prison.
(c) she says he doesn't look old enough.
(d) she says he looks like a preacher.
11. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
12. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
13. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
(a) when you come out, come straight to me.
(b) keep your nose clean.
(c) write me a letter sometime.
(d) I'll get you a better lawyer.
14. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he has a large church in Harlem.
(b) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
(c) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
(d) he has the plans for a revolution.
15. What does Laura find out about Malcolm as they visit?
(a) that Malcolm is now married.
(b) that Malcolm is running dope.
(c) that Malcolm is hiding from the law.
(d) that Malcolm is a Muslim minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
2. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
3. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
5. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)