|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) give him advice.
(b) light his cigarette.
(c) figure out his problem.
(d) call him by his name.
2. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
(a) whether Jesus actually raised from the dead.
(b) whether Jesus was white.
(c) whether Jesus was nothing more than a prophet.
(d) whether Jesus actually lived.
3. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
(b) he has the plans for a revolution.
(c) he has a large church in Harlem.
(d) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
4. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a torn dress.
(b) a dress that is mended many times.
(c) a dress that is past mending.
(d) a lot of rags tied together.
5. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) subway fare.
(c) a recommendation.
(d) a place to stay.
6. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they are equal to men.
(b) they are like queens.
(c) they are subservient.
(d) they rule the roost.
7. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he's fooling himself.
(b) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(c) that he looks really nice.
(d) that he is ashamed of who he is.
8. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) let his hair go natural.
(b) write an apology letter to the warden.
(c) hire a good lawyer.
(d) not eat any more pork.
9. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
(a) to look for a lost coin.
(b) to ask Laura to marry him.
(c) to pick a lock.
(d) to pray.
10. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
11. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that God is black.
(b) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
(c) that God is color blind.
(d) that Allah created only black people.
12. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
(a) when she was sixteen-years-old.
(b) when Luther went to prison.
(c) right after Luther came home.
(d) soon after sydney was born.
13. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
(a) the Preacher.
(b) the Leader.
(c) the Numbers Runner.
(d) the Judge.
14. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the prison license plate shop.
(b) the parole office.
(c) the courthouse in Boston.
(d) the back room at Shorty's.
15. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) who introduced them the first time.
(b) where Archie met Malcolm.
(c) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
(d) why people call Malcolm Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
2. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
3. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
4. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
5. Who is Laura's old man?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)