|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
(a) when Luther went to prison.
(b) right after Luther came home.
(c) when she was sixteen-years-old.
(d) soon after sydney was born.
2. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
(a) a fist fight between two black men.
(b) a fist fight between a white man and a black man.
(c) a Muslim minister preaching on the corner.
(d) a gunfight between two blacks.
3. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) something to eat.
(b) a glass of milk.
(c) just to talk.
(d) a drink.
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
(a) they went to Africa to settle.
(b) they were from a swamp.
(c) they were black people.
(d) they were originally monkeys.
5. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
(b) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
(c) that their skin may bleach white.
(d) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
6. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
(a) so her old man won't beat her when she gets home.
(b) so she doesn't have to beg on the streets.
(c) so she can get home before her old man.
(d) so she doesn't have to turn another trick.
7. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
(a) it must be something metaphysical.
(b) it must be a way to control him.
(c) it must be good because Luther is never wrong.
(d) it must be some kind of test for him.
8. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
(a) a sign from a black God.
(b) the conflict of society.
(c) the white people who killed him.
(d) the uncleaness of his brother.
9. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) where Archie met Malcolm.
(b) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
(c) who introduced them the first time.
(d) why people call Malcolm Red.
10. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(b) she hates religion.
(c) her old man won't go for it.
(d) she feels content with her own religion.
11. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) none of them are.
(b) most of them are.
(c) some of them are.
(d) all are without exception.
12. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the back room at Shorty's.
(b) the parole office.
(c) the courthouse in Boston.
(d) the prison license plate shop.
13. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
14. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are men without souls.
(b) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(c) they are devils created by Satan.
(d) they are inferior to the black nation.
15. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the noise coming from outside.
(b) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
(c) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(d) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
2. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
4. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
5. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)