|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
(b) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(c) the noise coming from outside.
(d) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
2. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
(b) where Archie met Malcolm.
(c) who introduced them the first time.
(d) why people call Malcolm Red.
3. What are Laura's parting words to Malcolm?
(a) you're still as stupid as you always were.
(b) you're fooling yourself, you know.
(c) you're still the dreamer.
(d) you're still the nicest boy I ever met.
4. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
(a) that he comes from Mars.
(b) that he is crazy as a loon.
(c) that he is buying a lie.
(d) that he sounds like her grandmother.
5. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says it could, given a chance.
(b) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(c) he says it might solves something now.
(d) he says why not find out?
6. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
7. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he dances on a table.
(b) he knocks down a guard.
(c) he is leaving.
(d) he makes the millionth license plate.
8. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) trying to prove he is insane.
(b) finding something to occupy his time.
(c) making fun of the white guards.
(d) coming up with a new hustle.
9. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
(a) the leader.
(b) the governor.
(c) the preseident.
(d) Malcolm's mother.
10. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
(a) she says he doesn't look old enough.
(b) she says he looks too clean cut.
(c) she says Luther did not usually make friends in prison.
(d) she says he looks like a preacher.
11. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a dress that is past mending.
(b) a lot of rags tied together.
(c) a dress that is mended many times.
(d) a torn dress.
12. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) a drink.
(b) something to eat.
(c) a glass of milk.
(d) just to talk.
13. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are men without souls.
(b) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(c) they are devils created by Satan.
(d) they are inferior to the black nation.
14. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
(b) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(c) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(d) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
15. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Meaning of Marriage.
(b) the Care of the Elderly.
(c) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
(d) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
2. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
3. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
4. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
5. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)