|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is losing his mind.
(b) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
(c) that he is watching his weight.
(d) that he is alergic to pork.
2. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are devils created by Satan.
(b) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(c) they are inferior to the black nation.
(d) they are men without souls.
3. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) trying to prove he is insane.
(b) making fun of the white guards.
(c) finding something to occupy his time.
(d) coming up with a new hustle.
4. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he says they will do that.
(b) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
(c) he says they will return with more people.
(d) he goes and calls a lawyer.
5. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(b) that he looks really nice.
(c) that he's fooling himself.
(d) that he is ashamed of who he is.
6. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
(a) whether Jesus was white.
(b) whether Jesus was nothing more than a prophet.
(c) whether Jesus actually lived.
(d) whether Jesus actually raised from the dead.
7. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(b) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(c) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(d) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
8. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
(a) we have to fight only white inmates.
(b) we have to practice boxing.
(c) we have to learn how to use our heads.
(d) we have to learn how to look innocent.
9. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
(a) it must be good because Luther is never wrong.
(b) it must be something metaphysical.
(c) it must be some kind of test for him.
(d) it must be a way to control him.
10. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) a recommendation.
(b) subway fare.
(c) a place to stay.
11. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize a new age.
(b) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(c) they symbolize new power.
(d) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
12. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the back room at Shorty's.
(b) the prison license plate shop.
(c) the courthouse in Boston.
(d) the parole office.
13. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
(a) they went to Africa to settle.
(b) they were originally monkeys.
(c) they were black people.
(d) they were from a swamp.
14. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
(a) like someone raised from the dead.
(b) like a stranger in a strange land.
(c) like an animal being hunted down.
(d) like he lived there in another lifetime.
15. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) give him advice.
(b) call him by his name.
(c) light his cigarette.
(d) figure out his problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
2. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
3. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
4. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
5. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)