|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
2. Who is Sidney?
(a) Malcolm's brother.
(b) Louise's husband.
(c) Luther's son.
(d) Laura's boyfriend.
3. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
(b) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
(c) that their skin may bleach white.
(d) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
4. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) nursed him through sickness.
(b) cooked his meals.
(c) bought drugs for him.
(d) turned tricks.
5. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
(a) right after Luther came home.
(b) when she was sixteen-years-old.
(c) when Luther went to prison.
(d) soon after sydney was born.
6. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
(b) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(c) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(d) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
7. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) a drink.
(b) just to talk.
(c) a glass of milk.
(d) something to eat.
8. What does Laura find out about Malcolm as they visit?
(a) that Malcolm is a Muslim minister.
(b) that Malcolm is now married.
(c) that Malcolm is hiding from the law.
(d) that Malcolm is running dope.
9. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) why people call Malcolm Red.
(b) who introduced them the first time.
(c) where Archie met Malcolm.
(d) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
10. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
(a) trying to look like a movie star.
(b) looking like the man who raped his mother.
(c) looking like a pimp.
(d) looking out for everyone but himself.
11. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the prison license plate shop.
(b) the back room at Shorty's.
(c) the parole office.
(d) the courthouse in Boston.
12. Who is Laura's old man?
(a) an escaped convict.
(b) a pimp.
(c) a lesbian lover.
(d) her second husband.
13. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are men without souls.
(b) they are inferior to the black nation.
(c) they are devils created by Satan.
(d) they are put on earth to test real believers.
14. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
(d) a prison guard.
15. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he's fooling himself.
(b) that he looks really nice.
(c) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(d) that he is ashamed of who he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
2. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
3. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
4. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
5. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)