Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it represents servitude of the black man.
(b) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(c) it represent a change in attitudes.
(d) it symbolized progress.
2. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
(a) made him feel like the Leader doesn't understand.
(b) made him feel like the greatest black man.
(c) made him feel there was no hope.
(d) made him feel homewick for Luther.
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
(a) we have to learn how to use our heads.
(b) we have to fight only white inmates.
(c) we have to practice boxing.
(d) we have to learn how to look innocent.
4. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) subway fare.
(b) a recommendation.
(c) a place to stay.
5. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) her old man won't go for it.
(b) she feels content with her own religion.
(c) she hates religion.
(d) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
6. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is raving mad.
(b) he is praying loudly.
(c) he is on a hunger strike.
(d) he is unconscious.
7. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(b) he says why not find out?
(c) he says it might solves something now.
(d) he says it could, given a chance.
8. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
(a) that he sounds like her grandmother.
(b) that he is crazy as a loon.
(c) that he is buying a lie.
(d) that he comes from Mars.
9. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) light his cigarette.
(b) figure out his problem.
(c) call him by his name.
(d) give him advice.
10. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
(b) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
(c) the Meaning of Marriage.
(d) the Care of the Elderly.
11. What does Laura find out about Malcolm as they visit?
(a) that Malcolm is now married.
(b) that Malcolm is a Muslim minister.
(c) that Malcolm is hiding from the law.
(d) that Malcolm is running dope.
12. Who is Sidney?
(a) Luther's son.
(b) Louise's husband.
(c) Laura's boyfriend.
(d) Malcolm's brother.
13. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a dress that is past mending.
(b) a dress that is mended many times.
(c) a lot of rags tied together.
(d) a torn dress.
14. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he is married.
(b) if he has a job.
(c) if he likes black women.
(d) if he is Muslim.
15. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) not eat any more pork.
(b) let his hair go natural.
(c) write an apology letter to the warden.
(d) hire a good lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
2. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
3. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
4. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
5. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)