|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
(b) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(c) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(d) Sidney who was taken into custody.
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
(a) keep your nose clean.
(b) when you come out, come straight to me.
(c) I'll get you a better lawyer.
(d) write me a letter sometime.
3. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) who introduced them the first time.
(b) why people call Malcolm Red.
(c) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
(d) where Archie met Malcolm.
4. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
(a) a Muslim minister preaching on the corner.
(b) a fist fight between two black men.
(c) a gunfight between two blacks.
(d) a fist fight between a white man and a black man.
5. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is alergic to pork.
(b) that he is watching his weight.
(c) that he is losing his mind.
(d) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
6. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they rule the roost.
(b) they are like queens.
(c) they are equal to men.
(d) they are subservient.
7. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he is Muslim.
(b) if he has a job.
(c) if he likes black women.
(d) if he is married.
8. What does Laura find out about Malcolm as they visit?
(a) that Malcolm is now married.
(b) that Malcolm is a Muslim minister.
(c) that Malcolm is running dope.
(d) that Malcolm is hiding from the law.
9. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
(a) whether Jesus was nothing more than a prophet.
(b) whether Jesus actually raised from the dead.
(c) whether Jesus was white.
(d) whether Jesus actually lived.
10. Who is Laura's old man?
(a) a pimp.
(b) a lesbian lover.
(c) her second husband.
(d) an escaped convict.
11. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize new power.
(b) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
(c) they symbolize a new age.
(d) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
12. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
(a) right after Luther came home.
(b) soon after sydney was born.
(c) when she was sixteen-years-old.
(d) when Luther went to prison.
13. Who is Sidney?
(a) Malcolm's brother.
(b) Laura's boyfriend.
(c) Luther's son.
(d) Louise's husband.
14. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(b) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(c) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
(d) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
15. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
(a) all the black colleges.
(b) all the newspapers he can think of.
(c) all the gang members he can find.
(d) all the ministers he can find.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
2. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
3. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
4. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
5. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)