|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
(a) they don't print anything at all about the black community.
(b) they don't print in words blacks can understand.
(c) they don't print news of whtie atrocities.
(d) they don't print anything to give blacks pride in themselves.
2. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
(a) looking like the man who raped his mother.
(b) looking like a pimp.
(c) trying to look like a movie star.
(d) looking out for everyone but himself.
3. Who is Sidney?
(a) Malcolm's brother.
(b) Luther's son.
(c) Louise's husband.
(d) Laura's boyfriend.
4. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
(b) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(c) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(d) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
5. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize new power.
(b) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
(c) they symbolize a new age.
(d) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
6. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the courthouse in Boston.
(b) the prison license plate shop.
(c) the back room at Shorty's.
(d) the parole office.
7. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) her old man won't go for it.
(b) she feels content with her own religion.
(c) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(d) she hates religion.
8. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he has the plans for a revolution.
(b) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
(c) he has a large church in Harlem.
(d) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
9. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a dress that is past mending.
(b) a lot of rags tied together.
(c) a dress that is mended many times.
(d) a torn dress.
10. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
(a) they went to Africa to settle.
(b) they were from a swamp.
(c) they were black people.
(d) they were originally monkeys.
11. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(b) a community newspaper for black people.
(c) a declaration of independence.
(d) a court order against mass demonstrations.
12. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
(a) it must be something metaphysical.
(b) it must be good because Luther is never wrong.
(c) it must be some kind of test for him.
(d) it must be a way to control him.
13. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
(a) that he comes from Mars.
(b) that he is buying a lie.
(c) that he is crazy as a loon.
(d) that he sounds like her grandmother.
14. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) give him advice.
(b) figure out his problem.
(c) light his cigarette.
(d) call him by his name.
15. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says it could, given a chance.
(b) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(c) he says it might solves something now.
(d) he says why not find out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
2. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
3. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
4. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
5. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)