|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
(a) so she doesn't have to turn another trick.
(b) so she doesn't have to beg on the streets.
(c) so her old man won't beat her when she gets home.
(d) so she can get home before her old man.
2. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
(a) by showing her a better way.
(b) by helping her finish school.
(c) by marrying her.
(d) by keeping her away from Daniel.
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
(a) a sub-species.
(b) an accident of nature.
(c) a lost tribe of Israel.
(d) a nation.
4. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he has a job.
(b) if he is married.
(c) if he is Muslim.
(d) if he likes black women.
5. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
(a) looking out for everyone but himself.
(b) looking like the man who raped his mother.
(c) trying to look like a movie star.
(d) looking like a pimp.
6. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
7. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(b) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(c) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(d) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
8. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they are subservient.
(b) they are like queens.
(c) they rule the roost.
(d) they are equal to men.
9. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) why people call Malcolm Red.
(b) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
(c) where Archie met Malcolm.
(d) who introduced them the first time.
10. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
(a) a prison guard.
11. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) figure out his problem.
(b) give him advice.
(c) call him by his name.
(d) light his cigarette.
12. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
(a) the Leader.
(b) the Preacher.
(c) the Judge.
(d) the Numbers Runner.
13. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) subway fare.
(b) a recommendation.
(d) a place to stay.
14. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
15. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
(a) it must be something metaphysical.
(b) it must be good because Luther is never wrong.
(c) it must be some kind of test for him.
(d) it must be a way to control him.
Short Answer Questions
1. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
3. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
4. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
5. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)