|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are inferior to the black nation.
(b) they are devils created by Satan.
(c) they are men without souls.
(d) they are put on earth to test real believers.
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
(a) when you come out, come straight to me.
(b) I'll get you a better lawyer.
(c) write me a letter sometime.
(d) keep your nose clean.
3. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
(b) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(c) the noise coming from outside.
(d) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
4. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
(a) a prison guard.
5. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(b) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(c) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(d) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
6. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
(a) the preseident.
(b) the governor.
(c) Malcolm's mother.
(d) the leader.
7. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
(a) right after Luther came home.
(b) soon after sydney was born.
(c) when Luther went to prison.
(d) when she was sixteen-years-old.
8. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(b) that he is ashamed of who he is.
(c) that he looks really nice.
(d) that he's fooling himself.
9. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
(b) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(c) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(d) it symbolizes good versus evil.
10. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
(a) so she doesn't have to turn another trick.
(b) so her old man won't beat her when she gets home.
(c) so she can get home before her old man.
(d) so she doesn't have to beg on the streets.
11. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
(a) by marrying her.
(b) by keeping her away from Daniel.
(c) by showing her a better way.
(d) by helping her finish school.
12. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
(a) we have to learn how to look innocent.
(b) we have to practice boxing.
(c) we have to fight only white inmates.
(d) we have to learn how to use our heads.
13. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they are subservient.
(b) they rule the roost.
(c) they are like queens.
(d) they are equal to men.
14. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) turned tricks.
(b) nursed him through sickness.
(c) cooked his meals.
(d) bought drugs for him.
15. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize a new age.
(b) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(c) they symbolize new power.
(d) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
2. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
3. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
5. Who is Sidney?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)