|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
(b) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
(c) he has the plans for a revolution.
(d) he has a large church in Harlem.
2. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
(a) to look for a lost coin.
(b) to pick a lock.
(c) to pray.
(d) to ask Laura to marry him.
3. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is on a hunger strike.
(b) he is raving mad.
(c) he is unconscious.
(d) he is praying loudly.
4. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(b) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(c) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
(d) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
5. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
(a) like a stranger in a strange land.
(b) like an animal being hunted down.
(c) like he lived there in another lifetime.
(d) like someone raised from the dead.
6. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that Allah created only black people.
(b) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
(c) that God is black.
(d) that God is color blind.
7. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a declaration of independence.
(b) a community newspaper for black people.
(c) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(d) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
8. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) a place to stay.
(b) a recommendation.
(d) subway fare.
9. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he's fooling himself.
(b) that he is ashamed of who he is.
(c) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(d) that he looks really nice.
10. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
11. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(b) her old man won't go for it.
(c) she hates religion.
(d) she feels content with her own religion.
12. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for fighting.
(b) for cursing.
(c) for not working.
(d) for playing the numbers.
13. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
(a) a nation.
(b) a sub-species.
(c) a lost tribe of Israel.
(d) an accident of nature.
14. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a dress that is past mending.
(b) a torn dress.
(c) a lot of rags tied together.
(d) a dress that is mended many times.
15. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(b) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(c) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
(d) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
2. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
3. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
4. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
5. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)