|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
(a) she says he looks like a preacher.
(b) she says he looks too clean cut.
(c) she says he doesn't look old enough.
(d) she says Luther did not usually make friends in prison.
2. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) write an apology letter to the warden.
(b) let his hair go natural.
(c) hire a good lawyer.
(d) not eat any more pork.
3. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she feels content with her own religion.
(b) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(c) her old man won't go for it.
(d) she hates religion.
4. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
(a) all the gang members he can find.
(b) all the black colleges.
(c) all the ministers he can find.
(d) all the newspapers he can think of.
5. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
6. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(b) that he is ashamed of who he is.
(c) that he looks really nice.
(d) that he's fooling himself.
7. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he makes the millionth license plate.
(b) he dances on a table.
(c) he is leaving.
(d) he knocks down a guard.
8. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
(a) trying to look like a movie star.
(b) looking like a pimp.
(c) looking out for everyone but himself.
(d) looking like the man who raped his mother.
9. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they rule the roost.
(b) they are equal to men.
(c) they are like queens.
(d) they are subservient.
10. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
(a) keep your nose clean.
(b) write me a letter sometime.
(c) when you come out, come straight to me.
(d) I'll get you a better lawyer.
11. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the back room at Shorty's.
(b) the prison license plate shop.
(c) the courthouse in Boston.
(d) the parole office.
12. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
(a) the preseident.
(b) the governor.
(c) the leader.
(d) Malcolm's mother.
13. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are devils created by Satan.
(b) they are inferior to the black nation.
(c) they are men without souls.
(d) they are put on earth to test real believers.
14. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(b) a declaration of independence.
(c) a community newspaper for black people.
(d) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
15. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(b) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
(c) they symbolize new power.
(d) they symbolize a new age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura find out about Malcolm as they visit?
2. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
3. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
4. Who is Sidney?
5. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)