|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
(b) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(c) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(d) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
2. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(b) a declaration of independence.
(c) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(d) a community newspaper for black people.
3. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) light his cigarette.
(b) call him by his name.
(c) figure out his problem.
(d) give him advice.
4. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
(d) a prison guard.
5. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
(a) the Preacher.
(b) the Judge.
(c) the Numbers Runner.
(d) the Leader.
6. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) something to eat.
(b) a drink.
(c) just to talk.
(d) a glass of milk.
7. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
(b) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
(c) that their skin may bleach white.
(d) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
8. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is alergic to pork.
(b) that he is losing his mind.
(c) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
(d) that he is watching his weight.
9. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
(a) it must be good because Luther is never wrong.
(b) it must be a way to control him.
(c) it must be some kind of test for him.
(d) it must be something metaphysical.
10. Who is Laura's old man?
(a) an escaped convict.
(b) her second husband.
(c) a pimp.
(d) a lesbian lover.
11. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(b) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(c) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(d) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
12. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(b) the noise coming from outside.
(c) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(d) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
13. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
(a) an accident of nature.
(b) a sub-species.
(c) a lost tribe of Israel.
(d) a nation.
14. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
(a) keep your nose clean.
(b) I'll get you a better lawyer.
(c) when you come out, come straight to me.
(d) write me a letter sometime.
15. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is on a hunger strike.
(b) he is unconscious.
(c) he is raving mad.
(d) he is praying loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
2. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
3. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
4. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
5. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)