|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
(a) to look for a lost coin.
(b) to pick a lock.
(c) to ask Laura to marry him.
(d) to pray.
2. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
(a) whether Jesus was nothing more than a prophet.
(b) whether Jesus was white.
(c) whether Jesus actually raised from the dead.
(d) whether Jesus actually lived.
3. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(b) it represent a change in attitudes.
(c) it symbolized progress.
(d) it represents servitude of the black man.
4. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
(a) by keeping her away from Daniel.
(b) by marrying her.
(c) by showing her a better way.
(d) by helping her finish school.
5. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(b) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
(c) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(d) it symbolizes time and infinity.
6. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
(a) she says Luther did not usually make friends in prison.
(b) she says he doesn't look old enough.
(c) she says he looks like a preacher.
(d) she says he looks too clean cut.
7. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) just to talk.
(b) a drink.
(c) a glass of milk.
(d) something to eat.
8. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he is leaving.
(b) he dances on a table.
(c) he knocks down a guard.
(d) he makes the millionth license plate.
9. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a dress that is mended many times.
(b) a torn dress.
(c) a lot of rags tied together.
(d) a dress that is past mending.
10. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) a recommendation.
(c) a place to stay.
(d) subway fare.
11. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that God is color blind.
(b) that God is black.
(c) that Allah created only black people.
(d) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
12. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
(b) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
(c) that their skin may bleach white.
(d) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
13. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) give him advice.
(b) light his cigarette.
(c) figure out his problem.
(d) call him by his name.
14. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize new power.
(b) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
(c) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(d) they symbolize a new age.
15. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) write an apology letter to the warden.
(b) hire a good lawyer.
(c) not eat any more pork.
(d) let his hair go natural.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
3. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
4. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
5. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)