|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
(a) whether Jesus was white.
(b) whether Jesus actually lived.
(c) whether Jesus was nothing more than a prophet.
(d) whether Jesus actually raised from the dead.
2. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
(a) so her old man won't beat her when she gets home.
(b) so she can get home before her old man.
(c) so she doesn't have to turn another trick.
(d) so she doesn't have to beg on the streets.
3. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he likes black women.
(b) if he is married.
(c) if he is Muslim.
(d) if he has a job.
4. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) a recommendation.
(c) subway fare.
(d) a place to stay.
5. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
(a) a fist fight between two black men.
(b) a fist fight between a white man and a black man.
(c) a gunfight between two blacks.
(d) a Muslim minister preaching on the corner.
6. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
(a) the Numbers Runner.
(b) the Preacher.
(c) the Leader.
(d) the Judge.
7. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says why not find out?
(b) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(c) he says it might solves something now.
(d) he says it could, given a chance.
8. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
(a) all the gang members he can find.
(b) all the newspapers he can think of.
(c) all the ministers he can find.
(d) all the black colleges.
9. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
10. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(b) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(c) the noise coming from outside.
(d) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
11. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
(a) made him feel homewick for Luther.
(b) made him feel like the Leader doesn't understand.
(c) made him feel there was no hope.
(d) made him feel like the greatest black man.
12. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for fighting.
(b) for playing the numbers.
(c) for not working.
(d) for cursing.
13. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it represent a change in attitudes.
(b) it symbolized progress.
(c) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(d) it represents servitude of the black man.
14. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) that their skin may bleach white.
(b) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
(c) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
(d) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
15. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) let his hair go natural.
(b) not eat any more pork.
(c) hire a good lawyer.
(d) write an apology letter to the warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
2. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
3. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
4. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
5. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)