|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
(a) all the newspapers he can think of.
(b) all the black colleges.
(c) all the gang members he can find.
(d) all the ministers he can find.
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that God is black.
(b) that Allah created only black people.
(c) that God is color blind.
(d) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
3. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he is married.
(b) if he is Muslim.
(c) if he has a job.
(d) if he likes black women.
4. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it represents servitude of the black man.
(b) it symbolized progress.
(c) it represent a change in attitudes.
(d) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
5. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
(a) light his cigarette.
(b) figure out his problem.
(c) call him by his name.
(d) give him advice.
6. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he says they will return with more people.
(b) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
(c) he says they will do that.
(d) he goes and calls a lawyer.
7. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he knocks down a guard.
(b) he dances on a table.
(c) he is leaving.
(d) he makes the millionth license plate.
8. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) all are without exception.
(b) some of them are.
(c) most of them are.
(d) none of them are.
9. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(b) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(c) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
(d) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
10. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is losing his mind.
(b) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
(c) that he is alergic to pork.
(d) that he is watching his weight.
11. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) trying to prove he is insane.
(b) coming up with a new hustle.
(c) finding something to occupy his time.
(d) making fun of the white guards.
12. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
(a) to ask Laura to marry him.
(b) to pick a lock.
(c) to look for a lost coin.
(d) to pray.
13. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she feels content with her own religion.
(b) she hates religion.
(c) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(d) her old man won't go for it.
14. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) a glass of milk.
(b) a drink.
(c) just to talk.
(d) something to eat.
15. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
(b) a prison guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
2. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
3. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
4. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
5. Who is Sidney?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)