|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) taking care of his baby brother.
(b) having his mother teach him how to read.
(c) carrying heavy things for his mother.
(d) growing peas in his own garden.
2. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
(a) in an asylum.
(b) in a breadline.
(c) in a cafeteria.
(d) in a mosque.
3. Who is Sophia?
(a) Malcolm's fantasy girlfriend.
(b) Malcolm's sister.
(c) Malcolm's grandmother.
(d) Malcolm's white lover.
4. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) the Sheriff.
(b) the Ku Klux Klan.
(c) the Welfare Society.
(d) her white neighbors.
5. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(b) she walks their dogs.
(c) she babysits their small children.
(d) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
6. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(b) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(c) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(d) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
7. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) the fire is too hot to get near.
(b) they are all white.
(c) the house is too far gone to save.
(d) there are explosions going on inside the house.
8. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
9. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) trying to make a name for himself.
(b) forming a Black Liberation Army.
(c) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
(d) preaching insurrection against the president.
10. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
(a) to attempt suicide.
(b) to scare people into doing his will.
(c) to put on a show for his friends.
(d) to show he is not afraid to die.
11. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he has a massive heart attack.
(b) he is hanged by the Klan.
(c) he is run over by a trolley.
(d) he is drowned in the ocean.
12. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Jackie Robinson.
(b) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Mohammed Ali.
13. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
(b) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
(d) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
14. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
(a) he wants to get revenge on the girl for jilting him.
(b) he wants the girl to scream rape and send Malcolm to jail.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, she'll have to put out for Paul.
(d) he wants Malcolm to get into trouble.
15. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) deny Louise any assistance.
(b) remove Louise's children.
(c) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(d) make Louise find a full time job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
2. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
3. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
4. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
5. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)