|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) with cash he made running numbers.
(b) from a closet of stolen goods.
(c) on his credit card.
(d) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
2. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(c) a pilot.
(d) a sea gull.
3. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
(a) to put on a show for his friends.
(b) to scare people into doing his will.
(c) to show he is not afraid to die.
(d) to attempt suicide.
4. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
5. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
(a) that she might be their daughter or sister.
(b) that she is more whte than they are.
(c) that she is proof blacks and whites can get along.
(d) that she is proud of her black culture.
6. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) a storm arises.
(b) Louise has a miscarriage.
(c) the Klan burns down their house.
(d) Earl is shot in his bed.
7. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(b) not to expect too much from your friends.
(c) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(d) not to make friends with bad people.
8. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(c) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(d) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
9. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(b) the North of the United States.
(c) the State of Georgia.
(d) the Caribbean Islands.
10. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) the Ku Klux Klan.
(b) the Sheriff.
(c) the Welfare Society.
(d) her white neighbors.
11. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) smash in all the windows.
(b) burn a cross in the front yard.
(c) set the house on fire.
(d) throw black and red paint on it.
12. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Times Square.
(b) the Audubon Ballroom.
(c) Yankee Stadium.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
13. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
(a) because Malcolm's hand is cold.
(b) because she is cold.
(c) because she is afraid.
(d) because Malcolm is touching her.
14. Who is Sophia?
(a) Malcolm's grandmother.
(b) Malcolm's white lover.
(c) Malcolm's fantasy girlfriend.
(d) Malcolm's sister.
15. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
2. What city had Laura never heard of?
3. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
4. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
5. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)