|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
(b) West Indies Archie.
2. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(b) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
(c) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
3. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
(a) his hands were tied behind him.
(b) a stab wound in his back.
(c) a hammer blow to the back of his head.
(d) his knees were shattered.
4. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
5. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
(b) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
(d) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
6. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(a) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
(b) Ali Hussein.
7. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) make Louise find a full time job.
(b) deny Louise any assistance.
(c) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(d) remove Louise's children.
8. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
(a) he doesn't know what to say to her.
(b) he doesn't think they let her have mail.
(c) he thinks his letters will only cause trouble.
(d) he is trying to make her forget him.
9. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he is hanged by the Klan.
(b) he is run over by a trolley.
(c) he is drowned in the ocean.
(d) he has a massive heart attack.
10. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) her white neighbors.
(b) the Sheriff.
(c) the Welfare Society.
(d) the Ku Klux Klan.
11. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) his congregation keeps him out late.
(b) no taxi will pick him up.
(c) his car is out of gas.
(d) he misses the trolley.
12. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they are mostly criminals.
(b) that they only know how to have babies.
(c) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(d) that he wonders if they are people.
13. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) the Audubon Ballroom.
(d) Times Square.
14. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(b) a sea gull.
(d) a pilot.
15. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
2. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
3. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
4. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
5. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)