Short Essay Answer Key
1. Where did Alex Baldwin get the material to write the scenario?
He adapted Alex Haley's book THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X into a screenplay.
2. What are the three areas of Malcolm's life represented in the scenario?
First, his youth; second, his time spent in prison and the beginnings of his rise to leadership; and finally, his full immersion into the Muslim religion and ascension as a leader in civil rights in America.
3. What is the opening sequence in the screenplay?
A man gets in his car in the parking garage of the New York Hilton Hotel in New York City in February 1965.
4. What dramatic technique does Baldwin use to set up the background of the movie?
A series of flashbacks begin the story. The flashbacks are seen in the rear view mirror.
5. When the radio announces that Malcolm X...
This section contains 1,597 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)