Short Answer Key
1. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
images in the rearview mirror.
2. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
3. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
the Audubon Ballroom.
4. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
5. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
6. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
I have had so many names.
7. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
8. Who is Sophia?
Malcolm's white lover.
9. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
10. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
This section contains 2,848 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)