|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
(a) a Muslim minister preaching on the corner.
(b) a gunfight between two blacks.
(c) a fist fight between two black men.
(d) a fist fight between a white man and a black man.
2. What are Laura's parting words to Malcolm?
(a) you're still as stupid as you always were.
(b) you're fooling yourself, you know.
(c) you're still the nicest boy I ever met.
(d) you're still the dreamer.
3. After Malcolm disobeyed the Honorable Messenger, what punishment was handed out to Malcolm?
(a) he was silenced for 90 days.
(b) he was sent to Saudi Arabia.
(c) he was defrocked permanently.
(d) he was put under house arrest.
4. What are other black leaders saying on national television?
(a) that Malcolm X represents the majority of blacks.
(b) that those like Malcolm X are embittered racial fanatics.
(c) that Malxolm X does not lead a hate cult.
(d) that Malcolm X is the new messiah.
5. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he is drowned in the ocean.
(b) he is hanged by the Klan.
(c) he is run over by a trolley.
(d) he has a massive heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
2. What is Luther's problem with Malcolm X's speaking out about the assassination?
3. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
4. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
5. What is going on at the Hotel Theresa?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)