|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it represent a change in attitudes.
(b) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(c) it symbolized progress.
(d) it represents servitude of the black man.
2. What does Malcolm say about awakening the black man and telling the white man the truth about himself?
(a) it's something we do together.
(b) it's all I know how to do.
(c) it's a full time job.
(d) it's an impossible dream.
3. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(b) the North of the United States.
(c) the Caribbean Islands.
(d) the State of Georgia.
4. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
(b) that their skin may bleach white.
(c) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
(d) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
5. What does Laura find out about Malcolm as they visit?
(a) that Malcolm is a Muslim minister.
(b) that Malcolm is running dope.
(c) that Malcolm is now married.
(d) that Malcolm is hiding from the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Luther upset with Malcolm?
2. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
3. Who is Sophia?
4. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
5. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)