|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Betty say the black newspaper was started?
(a) to showcase the work of Malcolm X.
(b) to let blacks know what is being done for them.
(c) to write editorials against the white establishment.
(d) to preach Islam.
2. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
(a) Paul Revere.
(b) George Washington Carver.
(c) Dred Scott.
(d) George Washington.
3. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
(b) the Care of the Elderly.
(c) the Meaning of Marriage.
(d) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
4. What advice does the Egyptian give Malcolm about the pilgrimage?
(a) to only go places in groups.
(b) to travel lightly, leaving his luggage in Cairo.
(c) to take plenty of extra clothing with him.
(d) to be prepared to walk long distances.
5. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
(a) to ask Laura to marry him.
(b) to pray.
(c) to look for a lost coin.
(d) to pick a lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city had Laura never heard of?
2. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
3. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
4. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
5. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)