|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) deny Louise any assistance.
(b) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(c) make Louise find a full time job.
(d) remove Louise's children.
2. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
(a) they say he committed suicide
(b) they say his policy was lost.
(c) they say his policy excludes accidents.
(d) they say he missed the last payment.
3. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
(c) West Indies Archie.
4. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(b) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
(c) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
(d) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
5. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
(a) we have to practice boxing.
(b) we have to learn how to look innocent.
(c) we have to learn how to use our heads.
(d) we have to fight only white inmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
2. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
3. What does Betty notice is missing from the latest edition of the black newspaper?
4. Who is Sidney?
5. What does Malcolm promise Betty after this long trip to Mecca?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)