|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
(a) because he knows the owner.
(b) because he is big for his age.
(c) because he works there.
(d) because no one sees him sneak in.
2. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
(a) like a stranger in a strange land.
(b) like an animal being hunted down.
(c) like someone raised from the dead.
(d) like he lived there in another lifetime.
3. What does Betty demand to know of Sidney?
(a) why Malcolm is never consulted by the paper.
(b) why the newspaper supports Malcolm.
(c) why Malcolm has not been mentioned in the news lately.
(d) why Sidney is writing so much about Malcolm.
4. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(b) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(c) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(d) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
5. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
(a) they were black people.
(b) they were from a swamp.
(c) they went to Africa to settle.
(d) they were originally monkeys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
2. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
3. What does Sidney tell Malcolm about his father, Luther, and his jealousy of Malcolm?
4. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
5. What does Malcolm say he has seen destroy other organizations?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)