|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
(b) most of the students think he is white.
(c) no one else is running against him.
(d) he has the best grades and he is popular.
2. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he is drowned in the ocean.
(b) he is run over by a trolley.
(c) he is hanged by the Klan.
(d) he has a massive heart attack.
3. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) not eat any more pork.
(b) hire a good lawyer.
(c) write an apology letter to the warden.
(d) let his hair go natural.
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that God is color blind.
(b) that Allah created only black people.
(c) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
(d) that God is black.
5. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
(a) he is trying to make her forget him.
(b) he doesn't think they let her have mail.
(c) he thinks his letters will only cause trouble.
(d) he doesn't know what to say to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
2. Who does the traveling companion say are heroes to young Egyptians?
3. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
4. What does Malcolm say turns the heads of foolish women?
5. What does the man on the plane say to Malcolm about the Movement that worries Muslims in the Middle East?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)