|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Times Square.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) the Audubon Ballroom.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
2. What is Betty's concern about their family?
(a) that they do not all agree with Malcolm.
(b) that they have nothing set aside for emergencies.
(c) that she and the children might leave him.
(d) that the Movement is not helping them.
3. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
4. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(b) not to make friends with bad people.
(c) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(d) not to expect too much from your friends.
5. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he makes the millionth license plate.
(b) he dances on a table.
(c) he knocks down a guard.
(d) he is leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
2. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
4. Who helps Malcolm get clearance from the High court?
5. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)