|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betty discover from Sidney?
(a) that Sidney is jealous of Malcolm.
(b) that the Leader is about to promote Malcolm.
(c) that Malcolm requested no coverage of his work.
(d) that there is a blackout on news about Malcolm.
2. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Care of the Elderly.
(b) the Meaning of Marriage.
(c) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
(d) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
3. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
(a) a hammer blow to the back of his head.
(b) his hands were tied behind him.
(c) a stab wound in his back.
(d) his knees were shattered.
4. What is Malcolm's response to Lorraine when she tells him to make a good husband?
(a) I don't know how.
(b) I'm going to try.
(c) only if Betty makes a good wife.
(d) it's a piece of cake.
5. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(b) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(c) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
(d) the noise coming from outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
2. What city had Laura never heard of?
3. What advice does the Egyptian give Malcolm about the pilgrimage?
4. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
5. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)