|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is on a hunger strike.
(b) he is unconscious.
(c) he is raving mad.
(d) he is praying loudly.
2. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Care of the Elderly.
(b) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
(c) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
(d) the Meaning of Marriage.
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
(a) when you come out, come straight to me.
(b) I'll get you a better lawyer.
(c) write me a letter sometime.
(d) keep your nose clean.
4. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(b) a declaration of independence.
(c) a community newspaper for black people.
(d) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
5. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
(a) like an animal being hunted down.
(b) like he lived there in another lifetime.
(c) like someone raised from the dead.
(d) like a stranger in a strange land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
2. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
3. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
4. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
5. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)