|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(b) picking cotton and baling hay.
(c) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(d) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
2. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) deny Louise any assistance.
(b) remove Louise's children.
(c) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(d) make Louise find a full time job.
3. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
(a) Rev. Malcolm X of the Black Brotherhood.
(b) Minister Malcolm Little of Temple Faith.
(c) Lawyer Malcolm Little of the Seventh district.
(d) Minister Malcolm X of Temple Number Seven.
4. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
(b) they symbolize new power.
(c) they symbolize a new age.
(d) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
5. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
(a) that she might be their daughter or sister.
(b) that she is more whte than they are.
(c) that she is proof blacks and whites can get along.
(d) that she is proud of her black culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
2. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
3. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
4. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
5. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)