|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
(c) a prison guard.
2. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they are mostly criminals.
(b) that they only know how to have babies.
(c) that he wonders if they are people.
(d) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
3. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for playing the numbers.
(b) for fighting.
(c) for not working.
(d) for cursing.
4. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he says they will do that.
(b) he goes and calls a lawyer.
(c) he says they will return with more people.
(d) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
5. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she hates religion.
(b) she feels content with her own religion.
(c) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(d) her old man won't go for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
2. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
3. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
4. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
5. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)