|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) making fun of the white guards.
(b) coming up with a new hustle.
(c) trying to prove he is insane.
(d) finding something to occupy his time.
2. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
(b) he has a large church in Harlem.
(c) he has the plans for a revolution.
(d) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
3. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize new power.
(b) they symbolize a new age.
(c) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(d) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
4. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) turned tricks.
(b) bought drugs for him.
(c) nursed him through sickness.
(d) cooked his meals.
5. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) growing peas in his own garden.
(b) taking care of his baby brother.
(c) having his mother teach him how to read.
(d) carrying heavy things for his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
2. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
3. What city had Laura never heard of?
4. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
5. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)