|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she feels superior to Earl.
(b) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(c) she wishes she had married a white man.
(d) she feels superior to other blacks.
2. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) make Louise find a full time job.
(b) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(c) remove Louise's children.
(d) deny Louise any assistance.
3. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is alergic to pork.
(b) that he is watching his weight.
(c) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
(d) that he is losing his mind.
4. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
(a) he goes to live with his grandmother.
(b) he runs away.
(c) he goes to the reformatory.
(d) he goes into foster care.
5. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) the Welfare Society.
(b) her white neighbors.
(c) the Sheriff.
(d) the Ku Klux Klan.
Short Answer Questions
1. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
2. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
3. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
4. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
5. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)