|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
(a) doing something to help his parents not work so hard.
(b) marrying a girl just like her.
(c) flying in the sky like a bird.
(d) speaking in front of a large crowd of people.
2. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the parole office.
(b) the courthouse in Boston.
(c) the back room at Shorty's.
(d) the prison license plate shop.
3. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(b) she hates religion.
(c) her old man won't go for it.
(d) she feels content with her own religion.
4. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
(a) to look for a lost coin.
(b) to pray.
(c) to pick a lock.
(d) to ask Laura to marry him.
5. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) why people call Malcolm Red.
(b) where Archie met Malcolm.
(c) who introduced them the first time.
(d) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
2. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
3. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
4. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
5. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)