|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(b) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
(c) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(d) it symbolizes good versus evil.
2. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she walks their dogs.
(b) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(c) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(d) she babysits their small children.
3. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the prison license plate shop.
(b) the parole office.
(c) the courthouse in Boston.
(d) the back room at Shorty's.
4. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(b) she wishes she had married a white man.
(c) she feels superior to other blacks.
(d) she feels superior to Earl.
5. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
(a) a lost tribe of Israel.
(b) a nation.
(c) an accident of nature.
(d) a sub-species.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
3. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
4. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
5. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)