|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says why not find out?
(b) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(c) he says it could, given a chance.
(d) he says it might solves something now.
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
(a) they were originally monkeys.
(b) they were from a swamp.
(c) they were black people.
(d) they went to Africa to settle.
3. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(b) that he's fooling himself.
(c) that he looks really nice.
(d) that he is ashamed of who he is.
4. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
(a) to attempt suicide.
(b) to put on a show for his friends.
(c) to scare people into doing his will.
(d) to show he is not afraid to die.
5. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(b) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(c) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
(d) it symbolizes time and infinity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
2. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
3. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
4. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
5. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)