|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) having his mother teach him how to read.
(b) growing peas in his own garden.
(c) carrying heavy things for his mother.
(d) taking care of his baby brother.
2. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) a storm arises.
(b) Louise has a miscarriage.
(c) the Klan burns down their house.
(d) Earl is shot in his bed.
3. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(b) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(c) not to expect too much from your friends.
(d) not to make friends with bad people.
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm about Allah?
(a) that Allah created only black people.
(b) that God is color blind.
(c) that God is black.
(d) that Allah put people in the sun to make them dark.
5. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(b) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(c) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(d) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
2. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
3. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
4. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
5. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)