|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they only know how to have babies.
(b) that they are mostly criminals.
(c) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(d) that he wonders if they are people.
2. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
(a) that his mother attempted suicide.
(b) that he will have two more years of probation.
(c) that he will still have to serve out his sentence.
(d) that he will not have to go to the reform school.
3. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(b) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(c) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(d) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
4. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she hates religion.
(b) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(c) her old man won't go for it.
(d) she feels content with her own religion.
5. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
(a) they say his policy excludes accidents.
(b) they say he committed suicide
(c) they say his policy was lost.
(d) they say he missed the last payment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
2. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
3. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
4. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
5. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)