|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he is ashamed of who he is.
(b) that he looks really nice.
(c) that he's fooling himself.
(d) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
2. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(b) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(c) a community newspaper for black people.
(d) a declaration of independence.
3. What is the importance of meeting the Leader?
(a) he knows all the black civil rights leaders.
(b) he has the plans for a revolution.
(c) he leads the Black Muslim community in America.
(d) he has a large church in Harlem.
4. What are Laura's parting words to Malcolm?
(a) you're still as stupid as you always were.
(b) you're still the nicest boy I ever met.
(c) you're fooling yourself, you know.
(d) you're still the dreamer.
5. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
(b) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
(c) he reports everything to the police.
(d) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
2. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
3. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
4. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
5. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)