|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(b) they symbolize new power.
(c) they symbolize a new age.
(d) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
2. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
(b) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
(c) turning out lawyers to become judges.
(d) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
3. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(b) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(c) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(d) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
4. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
(a) the Judge.
(b) the Leader.
(c) the Numbers Runner.
(d) the Preacher.
5. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) not eat any more pork.
(b) write an apology letter to the warden.
(c) hire a good lawyer.
(d) let his hair go natural.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
2. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
3. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
4. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
5. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)