|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(b) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
(c) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(d) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
2. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he knocks down a guard.
(b) he makes the millionth license plate.
(c) he dances on a table.
(d) he is leaving.
3. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
(a) he doesn't think they let her have mail.
(b) he is trying to make her forget him.
(c) he thinks his letters will only cause trouble.
(d) he doesn't know what to say to her.
4. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(b) not to expect too much from your friends.
(c) not to make friends with bad people.
(d) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
5. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Jackie Robinson.
(b) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Mohammed Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sidney?
2. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
3. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
5. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)