|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it symbolized progress.
(b) it represent a change in attitudes.
(c) it represents servitude of the black man.
(d) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
2. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize a new age.
(b) they symbolize new power.
(c) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(d) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
3. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
(b) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
(c) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(d) when he reads the customers' meters
4. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
(b) the Care of the Elderly.
(c) the Meaning of Marriage.
(d) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
5. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
(a) all the black colleges.
(b) all the newspapers he can think of.
(c) all the ministers he can find.
(d) all the gang members he can find.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
2. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
3. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
4. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
5. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)