|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(b) it symbolized progress.
(c) it represents servitude of the black man.
(d) it represent a change in attitudes.
2. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
3. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) My name is Legion.
(b) I have no name really.
(c) I have had so many names.
(d) I have names given by God.
4. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the parole office.
(b) the courthouse in Boston.
(c) the back room at Shorty's.
(d) the prison license plate shop.
5. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he knocks down a guard.
(b) he makes the millionth license plate.
(c) he is leaving.
(d) he dances on a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
2. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
3. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
4. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
5. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)