|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(b) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
(c) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
(d) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
2. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
(a) Dred Scott.
(b) Paul Revere.
(c) George Washington Carver.
(d) George Washington.
3. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(a) subway fare.
(c) a recommendation.
(d) a place to stay.
4. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a community newspaper for black people.
(b) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(c) a declaration of independence.
(d) a court order against mass demonstrations.
5. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
(a) so she can get home before her old man.
(b) so she doesn't have to turn another trick.
(c) so she doesn't have to beg on the streets.
(d) so her old man won't beat her when she gets home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
2. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
3. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
4. Who is Laura's old man?
5. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)