|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(c) a pilot.
(d) a sea gull.
2. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it symbolized progress.
(b) it represents servitude of the black man.
(c) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(d) it represent a change in attitudes.
3. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
(a) because she is afraid.
(b) because she is cold.
(c) because Malcolm's hand is cold.
(d) because Malcolm is touching her.
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she walks their dogs.
(b) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(c) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(d) she babysits their small children.
5. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they are mostly criminals.
(b) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(c) that he wonders if they are people.
(d) that they only know how to have babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
2. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
3. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
4. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
5. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)