|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
(a) white people.
(b) uppity black people.
(c) office workers.
(d) old folks.
2. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) a glass of milk.
(b) a drink.
(c) just to talk.
(d) something to eat.
3. What are Laura's parting words to Malcolm?
(a) you're still the dreamer.
(b) you're fooling yourself, you know.
(c) you're still as stupid as you always were.
(d) you're still the nicest boy I ever met.
4. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(a) the State of Georgia.
(b) the North of the United States.
(c) the Caribbean Islands.
5. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
(a) she feels content with her own religion.
(b) she can't picture Malcolm as a minister.
(c) she hates religion.
(d) her old man won't go for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
2. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
3. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
4. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
5. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)