|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) they are all white.
(b) the house is too far gone to save.
(c) the fire is too hot to get near.
(d) there are explosions going on inside the house.
2. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
(a) whether Jesus was nothing more than a prophet.
(b) whether Jesus actually lived.
(c) whether Jesus actually raised from the dead.
(d) whether Jesus was white.
3. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Times Square.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) the Audubon Ballroom.
(d) Yankee Stadium.
4. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
(a) that he is buying a lie.
(b) that he sounds like her grandmother.
(c) that he is crazy as a loon.
(d) that he comes from Mars.
5. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
(a) to put on a show for his friends.
(b) to show he is not afraid to die.
(c) to scare people into doing his will.
(d) to attempt suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
2. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
3. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
4. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)