|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it symbolized progress.
(b) it represent a change in attitudes.
(c) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(d) it represents servitude of the black man.
2. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) his congregation keeps him out late.
(b) his car is out of gas.
(c) no taxi will pick him up.
(d) he misses the trolley.
3. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are inferior to the black nation.
(b) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(c) they are devils created by Satan.
(d) they are men without souls.
4. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
(a) that he is buying a lie.
(b) that he is crazy as a loon.
(c) that he sounds like her grandmother.
(d) that he comes from Mars.
5. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he's fooling himself.
(b) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(c) that he looks really nice.
(d) that he is ashamed of who he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
2. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
3. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
4. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
5. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)