|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
(a) uppity black people.
(b) old folks.
(c) white people.
(d) office workers.
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) from a closet of stolen goods.
(b) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(c) on his credit card.
(d) with cash he made running numbers.
3. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) the Audubon Ballroom.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) Times Square.
4. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
(a) nobody eats rabbits anymore.
(b) I don't know how to cook a rabbit.
(c) we only raised rabbits to sell to white folks.
(d) we are all tired of eating rabbit.
5. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(a) the State of Georgia.
(b) the Caribbean Islands.
(c) the North of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
2. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
3. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
4. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
5. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)