|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(b) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(c) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(d) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
2. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) taking care of his baby brother.
(b) carrying heavy things for his mother.
(c) growing peas in his own garden.
(d) having his mother teach him how to read.
3. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
(b) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
(c) that their skin may bleach white.
(d) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
4. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(b) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
(c) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(d) the noise coming from outside.
5. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
(b) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(c) the burning down of his father's church.
(d) his father being whipped by the Klan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
2. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
3. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
5. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)