|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it represent a change in attitudes.
(b) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
(c) it represents servitude of the black man.
(d) it symbolized progress.
2. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Jackie Robinson.
(c) Mohammed Ali.
(d) Martin Luther King, Sr.
3. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
(a) in an asylum.
(b) in a cafeteria.
(c) in a mosque.
(d) in a breadline.
4. What is it West Indian Archie cannot remember when Malcolm goes for a visit?
(a) who told him about Malcolm's being in prison.
(b) why people call Malcolm Red.
(c) where Archie met Malcolm.
(d) who introduced them the first time.
5. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he has a job.
(b) if he is Muslim.
(c) if he likes black women.
(d) if he is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
2. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
3. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
4. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
5. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)