|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
(a) that he sounds like her grandmother.
(b) that he comes from Mars.
(c) that he is buying a lie.
(d) that he is crazy as a loon.
2. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
(a) he runs away.
(b) he goes into foster care.
(c) he goes to the reformatory.
(d) he goes to live with his grandmother.
3. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(b) a declaration of independence.
(c) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(d) a community newspaper for black people.
4. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(b) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(c) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(d) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
5. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
(a) they are like queens.
(b) they are equal to men.
(c) they rule the roost.
(d) they are subservient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
2. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
3. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
4. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
5. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)