|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sophia?
(a) Malcolm's fantasy girlfriend.
(b) Malcolm's sister.
(c) Malcolm's grandmother.
(d) Malcolm's white lover.
2. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(b) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(c) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(d) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
3. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
(a) that he is crazy as a loon.
(b) that he sounds like her grandmother.
(c) that he is buying a lie.
(d) that he comes from Mars.
4. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
(a) Dred Scott.
(b) George Washington Carver.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Paul Revere.
5. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(a) a sea gull.
(d) a pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
2. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
3. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
4. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
5. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)