|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
(a) so her old man won't beat her when she gets home.
(b) so she doesn't have to beg on the streets.
(c) so she doesn't have to turn another trick.
(d) so she can get home before her old man.
2. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
(a) Dred Scott.
(b) George Washington.
(c) George Washington Carver.
(d) Paul Revere.
3. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
(a) on the beach with Laura.
(b) on the railroad tracks.
(c) on a basketball court.
(d) on the way to school.
4. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) some of them are.
(b) most of them are.
(c) all are without exception.
(d) none of them are.
5. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) Earl is shot in his bed.
(b) the Klan burns down their house.
(c) Louise has a miscarriage.
(d) a storm arises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
2. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
3. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
4. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
5. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)