|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
(a) it must be a way to control him.
(b) it must be some kind of test for him.
(c) it must be good because Luther is never wrong.
(d) it must be something metaphysical.
2. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is watching his weight.
(b) that he is alergic to pork.
(c) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
(d) that he is losing his mind.
3. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize a new age.
(b) they symbolize new power.
(c) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
(d) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
4. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Care of the Elderly.
(b) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
(c) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
(d) the Meaning of Marriage.
5. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) the Ku Klux Klan.
(b) her white neighbors.
(c) the Welfare Society.
(d) the Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
2. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
3. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
4. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
5. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)