|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sophia?
(a) Malcolm's grandmother.
(b) Malcolm's sister.
(c) Malcolm's fantasy girlfriend.
(d) Malcolm's white lover.
2. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) a drink.
(b) a glass of milk.
(c) something to eat.
(d) just to talk.
3. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(b) a community newspaper for black people.
(c) a declaration of independence.
(d) a court order against mass demonstrations.
4. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) most of the students think he is white.
(b) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
(c) no one else is running against him.
(d) he has the best grades and he is popular.
5. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(b) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(c) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(d) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city had Laura never heard of?
2. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
3. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
4. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
5. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)