|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Laura's old man?
(a) an escaped convict.
(b) a pimp.
(c) her second husband.
(d) a lesbian lover.
2. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(b) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(c) picking cotton and baling hay.
(d) chopping wood and washing dishes.
3. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) making fun of the white guards.
(b) finding something to occupy his time.
(c) coming up with a new hustle.
(d) trying to prove he is insane.
4. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
(a) nobody eats rabbits anymore.
(b) we only raised rabbits to sell to white folks.
(c) I don't know how to cook a rabbit.
(d) we are all tired of eating rabbit.
5. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) turned tricks.
(b) nursed him through sickness.
(c) bought drugs for him.
(d) cooked his meals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
2. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
3. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
4. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
5. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)