|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(b) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
(c) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) on his credit card.
(b) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(c) with cash he made running numbers.
(d) from a closet of stolen goods.
3. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) something to eat.
(b) a drink.
(c) just to talk.
(d) a glass of milk.
4. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
5. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) trying to make a name for himself.
(b) preaching insurrection against the president.
(c) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
(d) forming a Black Liberation Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
2. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
3. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
4. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
5. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)