|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he says they will return with more people.
(b) he goes and calls a lawyer.
(c) he says they will do that.
(d) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
2. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
3. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for cursing.
(b) for not working.
(c) for fighting.
(d) for playing the numbers.
4. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) his car is out of gas.
(b) no taxi will pick him up.
(c) his congregation keeps him out late.
(d) he misses the trolley.
5. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
(b) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
(c) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(d) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
2. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
3. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
4. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
5. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)