|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) the house is too far gone to save.
(b) the fire is too hot to get near.
(c) there are explosions going on inside the house.
(d) they are all white.
2. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(a) the State of Georgia.
(c) the Caribbean Islands.
(d) the North of the United States.
3. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
(b) the Meaning of Marriage.
(c) the Care of the Elderly.
(d) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
4. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
(b) a recommendation.
(c) a place to stay.
(d) subway fare.
5. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
(a) the time when they can ride at the front of a bus.
(b) the things in heaven that white people have on Earth.
(c) that their skin may bleach white.
(d) that they will be good slaves to the white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
2. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
3. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
4. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
5. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)