|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
(a) because he knows the owner.
(b) because he works there.
(c) because no one sees him sneak in.
(d) because he is big for his age.
2. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a dress that is mended many times.
(b) a dress that is past mending.
(c) a lot of rags tied together.
(d) a torn dress.
3. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(b) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(c) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(d) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
4. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
5. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(b) she feels superior to other blacks.
(c) she feels superior to Earl.
(d) she wishes she had married a white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sidney?
2. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
3. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
4. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
5. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)