|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a lot of rags tied together.
(b) a dress that is mended many times.
(c) a dress that is past mending.
(d) a torn dress.
2. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
(a) that she might be their daughter or sister.
(b) that she is more whte than they are.
(c) that she is proud of her black culture.
(d) that she is proof blacks and whites can get along.
3. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
(b) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
(c) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
(d) turning out lawyers to become judges.
4. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
5. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
(a) it represent a change in attitudes.
(b) it symbolized progress.
(c) it represents servitude of the black man.
(d) it foreshadows the civil rights movement
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
2. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
3. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
4. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
5. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)