|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for fighting.
(b) for not working.
(c) for cursing.
(d) for playing the numbers.
2. Who is Sophia?
(a) Malcolm's grandmother.
(b) Malcolm's fantasy girlfriend.
(c) Malcolm's sister.
(d) Malcolm's white lover.
3. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) making fun of the white guards.
(b) finding something to occupy his time.
(c) coming up with a new hustle.
(d) trying to prove he is insane.
4. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) the Audubon Ballroom.
5. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) there are explosions going on inside the house.
(b) the fire is too hot to get near.
(c) they are all white.
(d) the house is too far gone to save.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
2. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
3. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
4. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
5. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)