|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Lansing, Michigan.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Hoboken, NJ.
(d) Marietta, Georgia.
2. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that he wonders if they are people.
(b) that they only know how to have babies.
(c) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(d) that they are mostly criminals.
3. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says why not find out?
(b) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(c) he says it might solves something now.
(d) he says it could, given a chance.
4. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
(b) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
(c) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
(d) he reports everything to the police.
5. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
2. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
3. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
4. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
5. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)