|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
(a) she says he doesn't look old enough.
(b) she says he looks too clean cut.
(c) she says Luther did not usually make friends in prison.
(d) she says he looks like a preacher.
2. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
(b) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
(c) turning out lawyers to become judges.
(d) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
3. What does Laura find out about Malcolm as they visit?
(a) that Malcolm is running dope.
(b) that Malcolm is now married.
(c) that Malcolm is hiding from the law.
(d) that Malcolm is a Muslim minister.
4. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(b) she feels superior to Earl.
(c) she wishes she had married a white man.
(d) she feels superior to other blacks.
5. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(b) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(c) not to make friends with bad people.
(d) not to expect too much from your friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
2. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
3. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
4. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
5. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)