|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
(a) doing something to help his parents not work so hard.
(b) marrying a girl just like her.
(c) flying in the sky like a bird.
(d) speaking in front of a large crowd of people.
2. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
(a) a sign from a black God.
(b) the white people who killed him.
(c) the uncleaness of his brother.
(d) the conflict of society.
3. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(b) Mohammed Ali.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Jackie Robinson.
4. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) he has the best grades and he is popular.
(b) no one else is running against him.
(c) most of the students think he is white.
(d) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
5. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the noise coming from outside.
(b) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(c) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(d) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
2. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
3. What does Sydney say about black women in a Muslim household?
4. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
5. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)