|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she babysits their small children.
(b) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(c) she walks their dogs.
(d) she washes their windows every Saturday.
2. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
(b) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(c) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(d) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
3. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he has a massive heart attack.
(b) he is run over by a trolley.
(c) he is hanged by the Klan.
(d) he is drowned in the ocean.
4. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) burn a cross in the front yard.
(b) set the house on fire.
(c) throw black and red paint on it.
(d) smash in all the windows.
5. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
(a) they symbolize new power.
(b) they symbolize a new age.
(c) they symbolize the ability to hold the mob back.
(d) they symbolize the antithesis of the Ku Klux Klan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
2. What city had Laura never heard of?
3. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
5. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)