|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
2. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is losing his mind.
(b) that he is alergic to pork.
(c) that he is watching his weight.
(d) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
3. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to make friends with bad people.
(b) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(c) not to expect too much from your friends.
(d) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
4. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Hoboken, NJ.
(b) Marietta, Georgia.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
5. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(b) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
(c) when he reads the customers' meters
(d) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
2. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
3. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
4. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
5. What does Luther accuse Malcolm of spending his life doing?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)