|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for not working.
(b) for cursing.
(c) for fighting.
(d) for playing the numbers.
2. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) nursed him through sickness.
(b) bought drugs for him.
(c) turned tricks.
(d) cooked his meals.
3. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he likes black women.
(b) if he has a job.
(c) if he is married.
(d) if he is Muslim.
4. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
(a) because Malcolm is touching her.
(b) because she is cold.
(c) because Malcolm's hand is cold.
(d) because she is afraid.
5. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says why not find out?
(b) he says it could, given a chance.
(c) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(d) he says it might solves something now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
2. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
3. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
4. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
5. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)