|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Mohammed Ali.
(b) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Jackie Robinson.
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(b) on his credit card.
(c) from a closet of stolen goods.
(d) with cash he made running numbers.
3. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
(a) he wants to get revenge on the girl for jilting him.
(b) if she puts out for Malcolm, she'll have to put out for Paul.
(c) he wants the girl to scream rape and send Malcolm to jail.
(d) he wants Malcolm to get into trouble.
4. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
(a) West Indies Archie.
5. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
(b) he says they will return with more people.
(c) he goes and calls a lawyer.
(d) he says they will do that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laura's comment after Malcolm says that black people don't have to suffer like they do?
2. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
3. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
4. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
5. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)