|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(b) that they only know how to have babies.
(c) that they are mostly criminals.
(d) that he wonders if they are people.
2. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) becoming a pimp.
(b) as a porter at the train station.
(c) selling daily newspapers.
(d) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
3. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
(b) preaching insurrection against the president.
(c) trying to make a name for himself.
(d) forming a Black Liberation Army.
4. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(a) a pilot.
(c) a sea gull.
5. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
(b) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(c) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(d) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
2. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
3. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
4. What city had Laura never heard of?
5. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)