|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
(a) he wants to get revenge on the girl for jilting him.
(b) he wants Malcolm to get into trouble.
(c) he wants the girl to scream rape and send Malcolm to jail.
(d) if she puts out for Malcolm, she'll have to put out for Paul.
2. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
(b) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
(d) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
3. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he has no good clothes.
(b) because he is black.
(c) because he can't dance.
(d) because he has no money.
4. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
(b) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(c) when he reads the customers' meters
(d) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
5. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) carrying heavy things for his mother.
(b) having his mother teach him how to read.
(c) taking care of his baby brother.
(d) growing peas in his own garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
2. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
3. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
4. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
5. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)