|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he has no good clothes.
(b) because he is black.
(c) because he can't dance.
(d) because he has no money.
2. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
(b) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
(c) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
(d) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
3. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
(a) the Klan will go after someone else.
(b) it will be the same wherever they go.
(c) they won't have any income.
(d) God will help them find a better place.
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she babysits their small children.
(b) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(c) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(d) she walks their dogs.
5. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(b) a sea gull.
(c) a pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
2. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
3. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
4. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
5. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)