|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
(a) West Indies Archie.
2. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) trying to make a name for himself.
(b) preaching insurrection against the president.
(c) forming a Black Liberation Army.
(d) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
3. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she babysits their small children.
(b) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(c) she walks their dogs.
(d) she washes their windows every Saturday.
4. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Lansing, Michigan.
(b) Hoboken, NJ.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Marietta, Georgia.
5. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(b) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(c) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
(d) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
2. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
3. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
4. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
5. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)