|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
(b) he reports everything to the police.
(c) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
(d) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
2. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have no name really.
(b) I have had so many names.
(c) I have names given by God.
(d) My name is Legion.
3. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
(a) he runs away.
(b) he goes into foster care.
(c) he goes to the reformatory.
(d) he goes to live with his grandmother.
4. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to expect too much from your friends.
(b) not to make friends with bad people.
(c) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(d) not to make friends with people others do not like.
5. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they only know how to have babies.
(b) that he wonders if they are people.
(c) that they are mostly criminals.
(d) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
2. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
3. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
4. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
5. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)