|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
(b) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
(c) he reports everything to the police.
(d) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
2. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he is black.
(b) because he has no money.
(c) because he has no good clothes.
(d) because he can't dance.
3. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(a) the State of Georgia.
(c) the Caribbean Islands.
(d) the North of the United States.
4. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she feels superior to other blacks.
(b) she wishes she had married a white man.
(c) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(d) she feels superior to Earl.
5. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he is drowned in the ocean.
(b) he is hanged by the Klan.
(c) he has a massive heart attack.
(d) he is run over by a trolley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
2. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
3. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
4. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)