|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) deny Louise any assistance.
(b) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(c) make Louise find a full time job.
(d) remove Louise's children.
2. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
(b) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(c) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
3. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
(a) to scare people into doing his will.
(b) to put on a show for his friends.
(c) to show he is not afraid to die.
(d) to attempt suicide.
4. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Marietta, Georgia.
(b) Hoboken, NJ.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
5. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
2. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
3. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
4. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
5. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)