|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) his congregation keeps him out late.
(b) he misses the trolley.
(c) no taxi will pick him up.
(d) his car is out of gas.
2. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(b) the North of the United States.
(c) the State of Georgia.
(d) the Caribbean Islands.
3. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(b) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(c) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(d) picking cotton and baling hay.
4. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he is run over by a trolley.
(b) he has a massive heart attack.
(c) he is hanged by the Klan.
(d) he is drowned in the ocean.
5. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) the Audubon Ballroom.
(d) Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
2. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
3. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
4. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
5. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)