|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Marietta, Georgia.
(b) Lansing, Michigan.
(c) Hoboken, NJ.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
2. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
(b) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
(c) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
(d) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
3. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
(a) because he works there.
(b) because he is big for his age.
(c) because no one sees him sneak in.
(d) because he knows the owner.
4. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(b) Ali Hussein.
(d) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
5. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he can't dance.
(b) because he is black.
(c) because he has no good clothes.
(d) because he has no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
3. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
4. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
5. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)