|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
(a) that he will still have to serve out his sentence.
(b) that he will have two more years of probation.
(c) that his mother attempted suicide.
(d) that he will not have to go to the reform school.
2. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
(a) they say his policy was lost.
(b) they say his policy excludes accidents.
(c) they say he committed suicide
(d) they say he missed the last payment.
3. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(c) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(d) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
4. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) her white neighbors.
(b) the Sheriff.
(c) the Welfare Society.
(d) the Ku Klux Klan.
5. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
(a) on the railroad tracks.
(b) on the way to school.
(c) on a basketball court.
(d) on the beach with Laura.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
2. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
3. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
4. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
5. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)