|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) no taxi will pick him up.
(b) he misses the trolley.
(c) his car is out of gas.
(d) his congregation keeps him out late.
2. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) forming a Black Liberation Army.
(b) preaching insurrection against the president.
(c) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
(d) trying to make a name for himself.
3. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
4. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) make Louise find a full time job.
(b) deny Louise any assistance.
(c) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(d) remove Louise's children.
5. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
(a) Dred Scott.
(b) George Washington Carver.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Paul Revere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
2. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
3. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
4. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
5. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)