|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
(a) he goes into foster care.
(b) he goes to live with his grandmother.
(c) he runs away.
(d) he goes to the reformatory.
2. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(b) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
(c) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(d) they have been threatened by the Klan.
3. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have no name really.
(b) I have names given by God.
(c) I have had so many names.
(d) My name is Legion.
4. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) a storm arises.
(b) the Klan burns down their house.
(c) Earl is shot in his bed.
(d) Louise has a miscarriage.
5. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(c) Jackie Robinson.
(d) Mohammed Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
2. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
3. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
4. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
5. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)