|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) Earl is shot in his bed.
(b) Louise has a miscarriage.
(c) the Klan burns down their house.
(d) a storm arises.
2. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
(a) he doesn't know what to say to her.
(b) he thinks his letters will only cause trouble.
(c) he is trying to make her forget him.
(d) he doesn't think they let her have mail.
3. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
(b) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
(c) turning out lawyers to become judges.
(d) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
4. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) he has the best grades and he is popular.
(b) no one else is running against him.
(c) most of the students think he is white.
(d) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
5. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
(a) God will help them find a better place.
(b) they won't have any income.
(c) it will be the same wherever they go.
(d) the Klan will go after someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophia?
2. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
3. What city had Laura never heard of?
4. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
5. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)