|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
(a) he wants to get revenge on the girl for jilting him.
(b) he wants Malcolm to get into trouble.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, she'll have to put out for Paul.
(d) he wants the girl to scream rape and send Malcolm to jail.
2. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have names given by God.
(b) My name is Legion.
(c) I have no name really.
(d) I have had so many names.
3. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) his car is out of gas.
(b) he misses the trolley.
(c) his congregation keeps him out late.
(d) no taxi will pick him up.
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she walks their dogs.
(b) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(c) she babysits their small children.
(d) she washes their windows every Saturday.
5. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he has no good clothes.
(b) because he can't dance.
(c) because he has no money.
(d) because he is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
2. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
3. Who is Sophia?
4. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
5. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)