|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he reads the customers' meters
(b) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(c) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
(d) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
2. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
(a) a hammer blow to the back of his head.
(b) a stab wound in his back.
(c) his knees were shattered.
(d) his hands were tied behind him.
3. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(b) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(c) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(d) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
4. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
(a) he runs away.
(b) he goes into foster care.
(c) he goes to live with his grandmother.
(d) he goes to the reformatory.
5. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he is black.
(b) because he can't dance.
(c) because he has no good clothes.
(d) because he has no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
2. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
3. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
4. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
5. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)