|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Mohammed Ali.
(c) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(d) Jackie Robinson.
2. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(b) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(c) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(d) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
3. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she babysits their small children.
(b) she walks their dogs.
(c) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(d) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
4. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
(b) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
(c) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(d) when he reads the customers' meters
5. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) the fire is too hot to get near.
(b) there are explosions going on inside the house.
(c) the house is too far gone to save.
(d) they are all white.
Short Answer Questions
1. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
2. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
3. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
4. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)