|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Jackie Robinson.
(b) Marcus Garvey.
(c) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(d) Mohammed Ali.
2. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
(a) we are all tired of eating rabbit.
(b) we only raised rabbits to sell to white folks.
(c) nobody eats rabbits anymore.
(d) I don't know how to cook a rabbit.
3. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
(a) that he was raised by his mother to be a nice boy.
(b) that she may not agree when she knows him better.
(c) that he is not nice and Laura's grandmother is right about him.
(d) that he is only nice to people who are nice to him.
4. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(a) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
(c) Ali Hussein.
5. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) there are explosions going on inside the house.
(b) they are all white.
(c) the house is too far gone to save.
(d) the fire is too hot to get near.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
2. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
3. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
4. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
5. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)