|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(b) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(c) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
(d) Marcus Garvey.
2. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
(a) that she is proud of her black culture.
(b) that she is more whte than they are.
(c) that she might be their daughter or sister.
(d) that she is proof blacks and whites can get along.
3. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that he wonders if they are people.
(b) that they are mostly criminals.
(c) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(d) that they only know how to have babies.
4. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
(a) he doesn't think they let her have mail.
(b) he thinks his letters will only cause trouble.
(c) he is trying to make her forget him.
(d) he doesn't know what to say to her.
5. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Lansing, Michigan.
(b) Hoboken, NJ.
(c) Marietta, Georgia.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
2. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
3. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
4. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
5. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)