|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) he misses the trolley.
(b) no taxi will pick him up.
(c) his congregation keeps him out late.
(d) his car is out of gas.
2. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) the Klan burns down their house.
(b) Earl is shot in his bed.
(c) a storm arises.
(d) Louise has a miscarriage.
3. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he has a massive heart attack.
(b) he is drowned in the ocean.
(c) he is run over by a trolley.
(d) he is hanged by the Klan.
4. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to expect too much from your friends.
(b) not to make friends with bad people.
(c) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(d) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
5. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have names given by God.
(b) I have had so many names.
(c) I have no name really.
(d) My name is Legion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
2. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
3. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
4. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
5. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)