|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
(a) to scare people into doing his will.
(b) to show he is not afraid to die.
(c) to put on a show for his friends.
(d) to attempt suicide.
2. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) smash in all the windows.
(b) set the house on fire.
(c) throw black and red paint on it.
(d) burn a cross in the front yard.
3. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(b) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(c) picking cotton and baling hay.
(d) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
4. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) on his credit card.
(b) with cash he made running numbers.
(c) from a closet of stolen goods.
(d) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
5. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
(a) they say his policy was lost.
(b) they say he committed suicide
(c) they say he missed the last payment.
(d) they say his policy excludes accidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
2. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
3. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
4. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
5. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)