|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
(b) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
(c) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
(d) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
2. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
(a) he wants the girl to scream rape and send Malcolm to jail.
(b) he wants Malcolm to get into trouble.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, she'll have to put out for Paul.
(d) he wants to get revenge on the girl for jilting him.
3. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
(a) in an asylum.
(b) in a breadline.
(c) in a cafeteria.
(d) in a mosque.
4. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Dred Scott.
(c) Paul Revere.
(d) George Washington Carver.
5. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) My name is Legion.
(b) I have had so many names.
(c) I have no name really.
(d) I have names given by God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
2. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
3. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
4. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)