|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
(b) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
(c) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
(d) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
2. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) the Audubon Ballroom.
(d) Times Square.
3. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he is black.
(b) because he can't dance.
(c) because he has no good clothes.
(d) because he has no money.
4. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
5. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) the burning down of his father's church.
(b) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(c) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
(d) his father being whipped by the Klan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
2. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
3. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
4. What happens to Earl Little?
5. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)