|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
(a) that she may not agree when she knows him better.
(b) that he is only nice to people who are nice to him.
(c) that he is not nice and Laura's grandmother is right about him.
(d) that he was raised by his mother to be a nice boy.
2. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
(a) making speeches.
(b) writing essays.
(c) playing basketball.
(d) playing soccer.
3. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
(a) Dred Scott.
(b) George Washington Carver.
(c) Paul Revere.
(d) George Washington.
4. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Mohammed Ali.
(c) Jackie Robinson.
(d) Martin Luther King, Sr.
5. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Marietta, Georgia.
(b) Lansing, Michigan.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Hoboken, NJ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
2. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
3. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
4. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)