|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
2. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she wishes she had married a white man.
(b) she feels superior to other blacks.
(c) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(d) she feels superior to Earl.
3. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
(b) he reports everything to the police.
(c) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
(d) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
4. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(a) the State of Georgia.
(b) the North of the United States.
(c) the Caribbean Islands.
5. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
2. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
3. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
4. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
5. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)