|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
(a) in a cafeteria.
(b) in an asylum.
(c) in a mosque.
(d) in a breadline.
2. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) deny Louise any assistance.
(b) remove Louise's children.
(c) make Louise find a full time job.
(d) talk Louise into leaving the city.
3. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(b) a pilot.
(d) a sea gull.
4. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(b) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
(c) his father being whipped by the Klan.
(d) the burning down of his father's church.
5. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(b) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(c) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
(d) they have been threatened by the Klan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
2. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
3. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
4. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
5. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)