|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
(b) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
(c) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
(d) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
2. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) his car is out of gas.
(b) he misses the trolley.
(c) his congregation keeps him out late.
(d) no taxi will pick him up.
3. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) set the house on fire.
(b) burn a cross in the front yard.
(c) smash in all the windows.
(d) throw black and red paint on it.
4. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) the Ku Klux Klan.
(b) the Welfare Society.
(c) her white neighbors.
(d) the Sheriff.
5. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
(b) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
(c) he reports everything to the police.
(d) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
2. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
3. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
4. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
5. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)