|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(a) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
(d) Ali Hussein.
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) with cash he made running numbers.
(b) on his credit card.
(c) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(d) from a closet of stolen goods.
3. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) he has the best grades and he is popular.
(b) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
(c) most of the students think he is white.
(d) no one else is running against him.
4. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that he wonders if they are people.
(b) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(c) that they are mostly criminals.
(d) that they only know how to have babies.
5. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
(b) he reports everything to the police.
(c) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
(d) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
2. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
3. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
4. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
5. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)