|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
(a) making speeches.
(b) playing basketball.
(c) writing essays.
(d) playing soccer.
2. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
(a) because he is big for his age.
(b) because he knows the owner.
(c) because he works there.
(d) because no one sees him sneak in.
3. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she feels superior to other blacks.
(b) she feels superior to Earl.
(c) she wishes she had married a white man.
(d) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
4. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
(b) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
(c) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
(d) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
5. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Lansing, Michigan.
(b) Marietta, Georgia.
(c) Hoboken, NJ.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
2. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
3. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
4. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
5. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)