|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(b) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(c) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(d) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
2. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) the Audubon Ballroom.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) Times Square.
3. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have no name really.
(b) I have names given by God.
(c) I have had so many names.
(d) My name is Legion.
4. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
(a) images in Malcolm's sun glasses.
(b) images in the rearview mirror.
(c) images on the car windshield.
(d) images in the windows of building.
5. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
(a) because she is cold.
(b) because Malcolm's hand is cold.
(c) because she is afraid.
(d) because Malcolm is touching her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
2. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
3. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
4. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
5. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)