|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) as a porter at the train station.
(b) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
(c) becoming a pimp.
(d) selling daily newspapers.
2. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they only know how to have babies.
(b) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(c) that he wonders if they are people.
(d) that they are mostly criminals.
3. Who is Sophia?
(a) Malcolm's white lover.
(b) Malcolm's sister.
(c) Malcolm's fantasy girlfriend.
(d) Malcolm's grandmother.
4. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) he misses the trolley.
(b) his car is out of gas.
(c) no taxi will pick him up.
(d) his congregation keeps him out late.
5. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
(b) West Indies Archie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
2. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
3. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
4. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
5. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)