|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Times Square.
(b) the Audubon Ballroom.
(c) Yankee Stadium.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
2. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) he has the best grades and he is popular.
(b) most of the students think he is white.
(c) no one else is running against him.
(d) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
3. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) he misses the trolley.
(b) no taxi will pick him up.
(c) his congregation keeps him out late.
(d) his car is out of gas.
4. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(b) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
(c) Ali Hussein.
5. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
(b) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
(c) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(d) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
2. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
3. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
4. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
5. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)