|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have no name really.
(b) My name is Legion.
(c) I have names given by God.
(d) I have had so many names.
2. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(b) a sea gull.
(c) a pilot.
3. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
(c) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(d) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
4. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
(a) if she puts out for Malcolm, she'll have to put out for Paul.
(b) he wants Malcolm to get into trouble.
(c) he wants the girl to scream rape and send Malcolm to jail.
(d) he wants to get revenge on the girl for jilting him.
5. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) growing peas in his own garden.
(b) having his mother teach him how to read.
(c) taking care of his baby brother.
(d) carrying heavy things for his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
2. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
3. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
4. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
5. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)