|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Madison Square Garden.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) Times Square.
(d) the Audubon Ballroom.
2. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
(b) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
(c) when he reads the customers' meters
(d) when he goes in to pay his bill.
3. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
(a) because he is big for his age.
(b) because he works there.
(c) because no one sees him sneak in.
(d) because he knows the owner.
4. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
(a) he wants to get revenge on the girl for jilting him.
(b) if she puts out for Malcolm, she'll have to put out for Paul.
(c) he wants the girl to scream rape and send Malcolm to jail.
(d) he wants Malcolm to get into trouble.
5. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) set the house on fire.
(b) throw black and red paint on it.
(c) smash in all the windows.
(d) burn a cross in the front yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
2. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
3. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
4. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
5. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)