|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) having his mother teach him how to read.
(b) taking care of his baby brother.
(c) carrying heavy things for his mother.
(d) growing peas in his own garden.
2. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he has no money.
(b) because he can't dance.
(c) because he is black.
(d) because he has no good clothes.
3. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(b) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(c) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(d) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
4. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
(a) playing soccer.
(b) playing basketball.
(c) making speeches.
(d) writing essays.
5. Who is Sophia?
(a) Malcolm's sister.
(b) Malcolm's fantasy girlfriend.
(c) Malcolm's white lover.
(d) Malcolm's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
2. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
3. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
4. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
5. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)