|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(b) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
(c) Ali Hussein.
2. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
(a) marrying a girl just like her.
(b) doing something to help his parents not work so hard.
(c) flying in the sky like a bird.
(d) speaking in front of a large crowd of people.
3. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) taking care of his baby brother.
(b) carrying heavy things for his mother.
(c) growing peas in his own garden.
(d) having his mother teach him how to read.
4. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
(b) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
(c) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
(d) he reports everything to the police.
5. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) forming a Black Liberation Army.
(b) preaching insurrection against the president.
(c) trying to make a name for himself.
(d) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
2. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
3. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
4. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
5. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)