|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Hoboken, NJ.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Marietta, Georgia.
2. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Jackie Robinson.
(b) Mohammed Ali.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Martin Luther King, Sr.
3. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(c) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
(d) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
4. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
(a) he goes into foster care.
(b) he runs away.
(c) he goes to live with his grandmother.
(d) he goes to the reformatory.
5. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(b) picking cotton and baling hay.
(c) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(d) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
2. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
3. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
4. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
5. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)