|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(b) that they are mostly criminals.
(c) that they only know how to have babies.
(d) that he wonders if they are people.
2. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
(a) they say his policy excludes accidents.
(b) they say he missed the last payment.
(c) they say his policy was lost.
(d) they say he committed suicide
3. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) smash in all the windows.
(b) burn a cross in the front yard.
(c) set the house on fire.
(d) throw black and red paint on it.
4. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
(b) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
(c) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
(d) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
5. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
(b) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(c) when he reads the customers' meters
(d) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
2. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
3. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
4. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
5. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)