|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
(a) he doesn't know what to say to her.
(b) he doesn't think they let her have mail.
(c) he thinks his letters will only cause trouble.
(d) he is trying to make her forget him.
2. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(b) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(c) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(d) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
3. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
(b) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(c) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(d) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
4. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(b) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
(c) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
(d) when he reads the customers' meters
5. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
(a) images on the car windshield.
(b) images in the rearview mirror.
(c) images in Malcolm's sun glasses.
(d) images in the windows of building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
2. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
3. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
4. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
5. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)