|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(b) picking cotton and baling hay.
(c) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(d) chopping wood and washing dishes.
2. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) taking care of his baby brother.
(b) carrying heavy things for his mother.
(c) having his mother teach him how to read.
(d) growing peas in his own garden.
3. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(b) Marcus Garvey.
(c) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
(d) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
4. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he has no money.
(b) because he is black.
(c) because he can't dance.
(d) because he has no good clothes.
5. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
2. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
3. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
4. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
5. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)