|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
(b) when he reads the customers' meters
(c) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
(d) when he goes in to pay his bill.
2. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
(b) forming a Black Liberation Army.
(c) preaching insurrection against the president.
(d) trying to make a name for himself.
3. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
(a) writing essays.
(b) playing basketball.
(c) making speeches.
(d) playing soccer.
4. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(b) not to make friends with bad people.
(c) not to expect too much from your friends.
(d) not to make friends with people others do not like.
5. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(b) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
(c) his father being whipped by the Klan.
(d) the burning down of his father's church.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
2. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
3. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
4. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
5. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)