|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
(a) on the way to school.
(b) on a basketball court.
(c) on the beach with Laura.
(d) on the railroad tracks.
2. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
(a) they won't have any income.
(b) it will be the same wherever they go.
(c) God will help them find a better place.
(d) the Klan will go after someone else.
3. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
(b) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(c) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(d) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
4. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
(a) uppity black people.
(b) old folks.
(c) white people.
(d) office workers.
5. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) there are explosions going on inside the house.
(b) the fire is too hot to get near.
(c) they are all white.
(d) the house is too far gone to save.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
2. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
3. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
5. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)