|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) with cash he made running numbers.
(b) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(c) on his credit card.
(d) from a closet of stolen goods.
2. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) Louise has a miscarriage.
(b) the Klan burns down their house.
(c) Earl is shot in his bed.
(d) a storm arises.
3. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
(a) playing soccer.
(b) playing basketball.
(c) writing essays.
(d) making speeches.
4. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(b) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(c) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(d) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
5. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
(b) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(c) the burning down of his father's church.
(d) his father being whipped by the Klan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
2. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
3. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
4. What city had Laura never heard of?
5. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)