|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
(a) he wants the girl to scream rape and send Malcolm to jail.
(b) he wants to get revenge on the girl for jilting him.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, she'll have to put out for Paul.
(d) he wants Malcolm to get into trouble.
2. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he reads the customers' meters
(b) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
(c) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(d) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
3. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) becoming a pimp.
(b) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
(c) selling daily newspapers.
(d) as a porter at the train station.
4. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) set the house on fire.
(b) throw black and red paint on it.
(c) smash in all the windows.
(d) burn a cross in the front yard.
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
(b) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
(c) turning out lawyers to become judges.
(d) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
2. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
3. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
4. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)