|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(b) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(c) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
(d) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
2. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
3. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) growing peas in his own garden.
(b) having his mother teach him how to read.
(c) taking care of his baby brother.
(d) carrying heavy things for his mother.
4. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
5. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
(a) he goes to live with his grandmother.
(b) he goes into foster care.
(c) he runs away.
(d) he goes to the reformatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
2. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
3. What advice does the Egyptian give Malcolm about the pilgrimage?
4. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
5. What does Betty notice is missing from the latest edition of the black newspaper?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)