|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm want that has become a point of disagreement between him, Luther, and the Leader?
(a) he wants it to compromise more.
(b) he wants it to be more subdued.
(c) he wants it to be more political.
(d) he wants it to be more mainstream.
2. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
(a) I have names given by God.
(b) I have no name really.
(c) I have had so many names.
(d) My name is Legion.
3. What is Betty's concern about their family?
(a) that they do not all agree with Malcolm.
(b) that they have nothing set aside for emergencies.
(c) that the Movement is not helping them.
(d) that she and the children might leave him.
4. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that he wonders if they are people.
(b) that they only know how to have babies.
(c) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(d) that they are mostly criminals.
5. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the back room at Shorty's.
(b) the prison license plate shop.
(c) the courthouse in Boston.
(d) the parole office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
2. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
3. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
4. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
5. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)