|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(b) Marcus Garvey.
(c) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
(d) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
2. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(b) she walks their dogs.
(c) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(d) she babysits their small children.
3. What does Malcolm say the Leader's letters did for him in prison?
(a) made him feel there was no hope.
(b) made him feel like the Leader doesn't understand.
(c) made him feel like the greatest black man.
(d) made him feel homewick for Luther.
4. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) picking cotton and baling hay.
(b) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(c) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(d) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
5. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
(a) if he is Muslim.
(b) if he likes black women.
(c) if he is married.
(d) if he has a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
2. What does Sidney tell Malcolm about his father, Luther, and his jealousy of Malcolm?
3. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
4. What is the significance of the name El-Haji Malik El Shabazz?
5. What does Malcolm use to confront Luther?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)