|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) on his credit card.
(b) with cash he made running numbers.
(c) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(d) from a closet of stolen goods.
2. What metaphor does Malcolm use for the white man asking the black man if he hates him?
(a) the cow that jumped over the moon.
(b) the boy who cried wolf.
(c) the lion lying down with the lamb.
(d) the rapist asking the same question of his victim.
3. What is the setting for the beginning of Part 2 of the scenario?
(a) the parole office.
(b) the prison license plate shop.
(c) the back room at Shorty's.
(d) the courthouse in Boston.
4. What does Luther say about public reaction to JFK's assassination?
(a) the nation is looking for a scapegoat.
(b) they are trying to pin it on black Muslims.
(c) they are happy because of JFK's civil rights stand.
(d) the whole country is in mourning.
5. How many Afro-Americans does Malcolm say are daily exploited in America?
(a) one hundred million.
(b) sixteen million.
(c) twenty-two million.
(d) ten million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
2. What is the effect of Malcolm's trying to appear serious?
3. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
4. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
5. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)