|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Malcolm disobeyed the Honorable Messenger, what punishment was handed out to Malcolm?
(a) he was defrocked permanently.
(b) he was silenced for 90 days.
(c) he was put under house arrest.
(d) he was sent to Saudi Arabia.
2. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
(a) Paul Revere.
(b) Dred Scott.
(c) George Washington Carver.
(d) George Washington.
3. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) they are all white.
(b) the house is too far gone to save.
(c) there are explosions going on inside the house.
(d) the fire is too hot to get near.
4. What images accompany Malcolm's statement that the white man is in no moral position to accuse anyone else of hate?
(a) Southern Sheriffs helping old ladies across the street.
(b) overcrowded prison cells for black prisoners.
(c) black people cleaning toilets.
(d) police dogs used on black children and cattle prods on men.
5. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
(a) a stab wound in his back.
(b) his knees were shattered.
(c) his hands were tied behind him.
(d) a hammer blow to the back of his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Malcolm introduce himself at the police station?
2. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
3. What does Malcolm accuse Paul of wanting when he tries to fix him up with a girl?
4. Who is seated next to Malcolm on the Lufthansa plane?
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)