|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malcolm X classify the assassination of JFK?
(a) as the first shot in revolution.
(b) as just one of those things.
(c) as a tragedy for the Muslim nation.
(d) as chickens come home to roost.
2. Who does the traveling companion say are heroes to young Egyptians?
(a) Malcolm and JFK.
(b) Malcolm and Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Malcolm and Cassius Clay.
(d) Malcolm and Cat Stevens.
3. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
4. What metaphor does Malcolm use for the white man asking the black man if he hates him?
(a) the boy who cried wolf.
(b) the rapist asking the same question of his victim.
(c) the lion lying down with the lamb.
(d) the cow that jumped over the moon.
5. What images accompany Malcolm's statement that the white man is in no moral position to accuse anyone else of hate?
(a) Southern Sheriffs helping old ladies across the street.
(b) police dogs used on black children and cattle prods on men.
(c) overcrowded prison cells for black prisoners.
(d) black people cleaning toilets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
2. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
3. How many Afro-Americans does Malcolm say are daily exploited in America?
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
5. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)