|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is seated next to Malcolm on the Lufthansa plane?
(a) an Egyptian.
(b) a Baptist preacher.
(c) a Mormon.
(d) a German.
2. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) smash in all the windows.
(b) throw black and red paint on it.
(c) set the house on fire.
(d) burn a cross in the front yard.
3. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
(b) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(c) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(d) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
4. What metaphor does Malcolm use for the white man asking the black man if he hates him?
(a) the rapist asking the same question of his victim.
(b) the boy who cried wolf.
(c) the cow that jumped over the moon.
(d) the lion lying down with the lamb.
5. Who helps Malcolm get clearance from the High court?
(a) Dr. Azzam.
(b) the Egyptian.
(c) an old Imam.
(d) Prince Abdullah.
Short Answer Questions
1. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
2. What is the significance of the name El-Haji Malik El Shabazz?
3. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
4. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
5. What does the Egyptian show Malcolm how to do to prepare for the journey?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)