|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(b) with cash he made running numbers.
(c) from a closet of stolen goods.
(d) on his credit card.
2. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
(a) God will help them find a better place.
(b) the Klan will go after someone else.
(c) they won't have any income.
(d) it will be the same wherever they go.
3. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Mohammed Ali.
(b) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Jackie Robinson.
4. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
(a) we only raised rabbits to sell to white folks.
(b) we are all tired of eating rabbit.
(c) I don't know how to cook a rabbit.
(d) nobody eats rabbits anymore.
5. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) the Audubon Ballroom.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
2. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
3. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
4. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
5. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)