|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
(a) he always forgets numbers in his head.
(b) he writes numbers backwards.
(c) he writes down everything.
(d) he never wrote down a number in his life.
2. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(b) picking cotton and baling hay.
(c) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(d) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
3. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
4. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
(a) he doesn't know what to say to her.
(b) he doesn't think they let her have mail.
(c) he is trying to make her forget him.
(d) he thinks his letters will only cause trouble.
5. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(a) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
(b) Ali Hussein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
2. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
3. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
4. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
5. What happens to Earl Little?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)