|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
(b) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(c) the burning down of his father's church.
(d) his father being whipped by the Klan.
2. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(c) Mohammed Ali.
(d) Jackie Robinson.
3. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
(a) he thinks his letters will only cause trouble.
(b) he doesn't think they let her have mail.
(c) he is trying to make her forget him.
(d) he doesn't know what to say to her.
4. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) on his credit card.
(b) with cash he made running numbers.
(c) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(d) from a closet of stolen goods.
5. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
(a) to put on a show for his friends.
(b) to show he is not afraid to die.
(c) to attempt suicide.
(d) to scare people into doing his will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
2. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
3. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
4. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
5. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)