|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
2. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to expect too much from your friends.
(b) not to make friends with bad people.
(c) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(d) not to make friends with people others do not like.
3. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
(a) a sea gull.
(c) a pilot.
4. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
(a) a hammer blow to the back of his head.
(b) a stab wound in his back.
(c) his knees were shattered.
(d) his hands were tied behind him.
5. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(b) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(c) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(d) picking cotton and baling hay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
2. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
3. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
4. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
5. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)