|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) deny Louise any assistance.
(b) make Louise find a full time job.
(c) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(d) remove Louise's children.
2. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
(a) marrying a girl just like her.
(b) speaking in front of a large crowd of people.
(c) doing something to help his parents not work so hard.
(d) flying in the sky like a bird.
3. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Marietta, Georgia.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Hoboken, NJ.
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(b) she walks their dogs.
(c) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(d) she babysits their small children.
5. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
(a) he never wrote down a number in his life.
(b) he writes down everything.
(c) he always forgets numbers in his head.
(d) he writes numbers backwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
2. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
3. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
4. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
5. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)