|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to make friends with bad people.
(b) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(c) not to expect too much from your friends.
(d) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
2. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Marietta, Georgia.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Hoboken, NJ.
3. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
(a) that she may not agree when she knows him better.
(b) that he was raised by his mother to be a nice boy.
(c) that he is only nice to people who are nice to him.
(d) that he is not nice and Laura's grandmother is right about him.
4. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
(b) becoming a pimp.
(c) selling daily newspapers.
(d) as a porter at the train station.
5. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) the Ku Klux Klan.
(b) the Welfare Society.
(c) the Sheriff.
(d) her white neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
2. What happens to Earl Little?
3. Who is Sophia?
4. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
5. What famous historical figure do Malcolm and Shorty talk about on Boston Commons?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)