|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) his car is out of gas.
(b) he misses the trolley.
(c) his congregation keeps him out late.
(d) no taxi will pick him up.
2. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(a) the State of Georgia.
(b) the North of the United States.
(d) the Caribbean Islands.
3. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
(a) that he will not have to go to the reform school.
(b) that he will have two more years of probation.
(c) that he will still have to serve out his sentence.
(d) that his mother attempted suicide.
4. Who is Sophia?
(a) Malcolm's grandmother.
(b) Malcolm's white lover.
(c) Malcolm's fantasy girlfriend.
(d) Malcolm's sister.
5. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
(a) that he is not nice and Laura's grandmother is right about him.
(b) that she may not agree when she knows him better.
(c) that he is only nice to people who are nice to him.
(d) that he was raised by his mother to be a nice boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
2. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
3. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
4. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)