|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(b) picking cotton and baling hay.
(c) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(d) chopping wood and washing dishes.
2. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
(a) marrying a girl just like her.
(b) speaking in front of a large crowd of people.
(c) flying in the sky like a bird.
(d) doing something to help his parents not work so hard.
3. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) on his credit card.
(b) from a closet of stolen goods.
(c) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(d) with cash he made running numbers.
4. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) the Ku Klux Klan.
(b) her white neighbors.
(c) the Sheriff.
(d) the Welfare Society.
5. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) throw black and red paint on it.
(b) smash in all the windows.
(c) burn a cross in the front yard.
(d) set the house on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
2. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
3. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
4. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
5. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)