|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she wishes she had married a white man.
(b) she feels superior to Earl.
(c) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(d) she feels superior to other blacks.
2. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
(a) a storm arises.
(b) Earl is shot in his bed.
(c) the Klan burns down their house.
(d) Louise has a miscarriage.
3. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
(a) his car is out of gas.
(b) he misses the trolley.
(c) no taxi will pick him up.
(d) his congregation keeps him out late.
4. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) carrying heavy things for his mother.
(b) taking care of his baby brother.
(c) growing peas in his own garden.
(d) having his mother teach him how to read.
5. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
(b) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
(c) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(d) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
2. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
3. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
4. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
5. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)