|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
(a) because she is cold.
(b) because Malcolm's hand is cold.
(c) because she is afraid.
(d) because Malcolm is touching her.
2. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
(a) they say he missed the last payment.
(b) they say his policy was lost.
(c) they say he committed suicide
(d) they say his policy excludes accidents.
3. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) he has the best grades and he is popular.
(b) most of the students think he is white.
(c) no one else is running against him.
(d) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
4. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
(a) it will be the same wherever they go.
(b) God will help them find a better place.
(c) the Klan will go after someone else.
(d) they won't have any income.
5. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(b) not to expect too much from your friends.
(c) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(d) not to make friends with bad people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
2. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
3. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
4. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
5. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)