|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he can't dance.
(b) because he is black.
(c) because he has no money.
(d) because he has no good clothes.
2. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
(b) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
(d) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
3. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Marietta, Georgia.
(b) Hoboken, NJ.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
4. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) as a porter at the train station.
(b) selling daily newspapers.
(c) becoming a pimp.
(d) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
(a) in a cafeteria.
(b) in a breadline.
(c) in an asylum.
(d) in a mosque.
Short Answer Questions
1. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
2. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
3. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
4. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)