|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
(a) most of the students think he is white.
(b) no one else is running against him.
(c) he has the best grades and he is popular.
(d) he has a gang who will threaten those who don't vote for him.
2. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
3. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) becoming a pimp.
(b) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
(c) as a porter at the train station.
(d) selling daily newspapers.
4. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
(a) to show he is not afraid to die.
(b) to scare people into doing his will.
(c) to attempt suicide.
(d) to put on a show for his friends.
5. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
(a) on a basketball court.
(b) on the way to school.
(c) on the beach with Laura.
(d) on the railroad tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
2. What happens to Earl Little?
3. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
4. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
5. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)