|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(c) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
(d) Ali Hussein.
2. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) the Audubon Ballroom.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
3. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) preaching insurrection against the president.
(b) trying to make a name for himself.
(c) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
(d) forming a Black Liberation Army.
4. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
(a) images in Malcolm's sun glasses.
(b) images in the rearview mirror.
(c) images on the car windshield.
(d) images in the windows of building.
5. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(b) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(c) she babysits their small children.
(d) she walks their dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
2. What prophetic dream does Malcolm tell Laura he used to have?
3. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
4. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
5. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)