|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) they are all white.
(b) the fire is too hot to get near.
(c) there are explosions going on inside the house.
(d) the house is too far gone to save.
2. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
(a) on a basketball court.
(b) on the beach with Laura.
(c) on the railroad tracks.
(d) on the way to school.
3. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she babysits their small children.
(b) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(c) she walks their dogs.
(d) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
4. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they are mostly criminals.
(b) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(c) that he wonders if they are people.
(d) that they only know how to have babies.
5. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
(a) in a mosque.
(b) in an asylum.
(c) in a breadline.
(d) in a cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
2. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
3. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
4. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
5. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)