|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Lansing, Michigan.
(b) Hoboken, NJ.
(c) Marietta, Georgia.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
2. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
(b) as a porter at the train station.
(c) becoming a pimp.
(d) selling daily newspapers.
3. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
(a) taking care of his baby brother.
(b) growing peas in his own garden.
(c) having his mother teach him how to read.
(d) carrying heavy things for his mother.
4. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he has no money.
(b) because he can't dance.
(c) because he has no good clothes.
(d) because he is black.
5. As the screenplay opens, where is Malcolm scheduled to speak that evening?
(a) Times Square.
(b) the Audubon Ballroom.
(c) Yankee Stadium.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
2. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
3. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
4. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
5. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)