|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
(a) in an asylum.
(b) in a cafeteria.
(c) in a breadline.
(d) in a mosque.
2. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
(a) his hands were tied behind him.
(b) his knees were shattered.
(c) a stab wound in his back.
(d) a hammer blow to the back of his head.
3. What happens to Earl Little?
(a) he is run over by a trolley.
(b) he has a massive heart attack.
(c) he is hanged by the Klan.
(d) he is drowned in the ocean.
4. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
(b) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
(c) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
(d) turning out lawyers to become judges.
5. Who is the one-eyed preacher?
(a) the Reverend leader of the Klan.
(b) a man in prison who preaches Islam.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Earl Little, Malcolm's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophia?
2. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
3. Where does Louise tell little Malcolm he was born?
4. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
5. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)