|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
2. What city had Laura never heard of?
(a) Hoboken, NJ.
(b) Lansing, Michigan.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Marietta, Georgia.
3. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
(a) he always forgets numbers in his head.
(b) he never wrote down a number in his life.
(c) he writes down everything.
(d) he writes numbers backwards.
4. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
(a) he goes to live with his grandmother.
(b) he runs away.
(c) he goes to the reformatory.
(d) he goes into foster care.
5. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
(c) West Indies Archie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
2. Why does Malcolm put a gun to his head and pull the trigger?
3. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
4. What is the evidence that Earl did not commit suicide?
5. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)