|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
(a) Louise Little, Malcolm's mother.
(b) Laura, Malcolm's one true love.
(c) Daisy Little, Malcolm'sd grandmother.
(d) Sophia, Malcolm's mistress.
2. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they only know how to have babies.
(b) that he wonders if they are people.
(c) that they are mostly criminals.
(d) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
3. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) as a porter at the train station.
(b) selling daily newspapers.
(c) becoming a pimp.
(d) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
4. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
(b) turning out lawyers to become judges.
(c) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
(d) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
5. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
(a) that he will have two more years of probation.
(b) that he will still have to serve out his sentence.
(c) that his mother attempted suicide.
(d) that he will not have to go to the reform school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
2. What city had Laura never heard of?
3. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
4. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
5. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)