|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
(a) because she is cold.
(b) because Malcolm's hand is cold.
(c) because Malcolm is touching her.
(d) because she is afraid.
2. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) selling daily newspapers.
(b) as a porter at the train station.
(c) becoming a pimp.
(d) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
3. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
(a) that she is proud of her black culture.
(b) that she is more whte than they are.
(c) that she is proof blacks and whites can get along.
(d) that she might be their daughter or sister.
4. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
5. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she wishes she had married a white man.
(b) she feels superior to other blacks.
(c) she feels superior to Earl.
(d) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
2. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
3. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
4. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
5. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)