Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) from a closet of stolen goods.
(b) on his credit card.
(c) with cash he made running numbers.
(d) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
2. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(b) she babysits their small children.
(c) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(d) she walks their dogs.
3. What do the Klansmen do to the Littles' house?
(a) throw black and red paint on it.
(b) smash in all the windows.
(c) set the house on fire.
(d) burn a cross in the front yard.
4. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(b) they have been threatened by the Klan.
(c) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(d) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
5. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
(b) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
(c) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
(d) turning out lawyers to become judges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fair, young mulatto woman hanging out clothes?
2. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
3. Where is Louise seen telling someone not to feed that boy no pig?
4. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
5. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)