|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
(a) the Caribbean Islands.
(b) the State of Georgia.
(c) the North of the United States.
2. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they only know how to have babies.
(b) that he wonders if they are people.
(c) that they are mostly criminals.
(d) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
3. What is everyone saying about Malcolm as he refuses to eat pork?
(a) that he is losing his mind.
(b) that he is trying to starve himself to death.
(c) that he is watching his weight.
(d) that he is alergic to pork.
4. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
(a) he says he is in banking because he mops the floors.
(b) he says he is in banking because he has a bank account.
(c) he says he is in banking because he shines shoes there.
(d) he says he's in banking because he opens doors for customers.
5. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
(a) a nation.
(b) a sub-species.
(c) a lost tribe of Israel.
(d) an accident of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
2. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
3. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
4. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
5. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)