|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
(a) it symbolizes Malcolm's release from prison.
(b) it symbolizes good versus evil.
(c) it symbolizes time and infinity.
(d) it symbolizes clean thought and clear vision.
2. What job does Shorty teach Malcolm how to perform?
(a) as a porter at the train station.
(b) men's room attendant at the Roseland Ballroom.
(c) becoming a pimp.
(d) selling daily newspapers.
3. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is on a hunger strike.
(b) he is raving mad.
(c) he is unconscious.
(d) he is praying loudly.
4. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(b) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
(c) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(d) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
5. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) a glass of milk.
(b) a drink.
(c) just to talk.
(d) something to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophia?
2. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
3. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
4. What is the name given to Malcolm during a fist fight in prison?
5. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)