|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(b) she babysits their small children.
(c) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(d) she walks their dogs.
2. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
(a) she says he looks too clean cut.
(b) she says he doesn't look old enough.
(c) she says Luther did not usually make friends in prison.
(d) she says he looks like a preacher.
3. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
(a) because he works there.
(b) because he knows the owner.
(c) because no one sees him sneak in.
(d) because he is big for his age.
4. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(b) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
(c) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
(d) when he reads the customers' meters
5. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
(a) like a stranger in a strange land.
(b) like he lived there in another lifetime.
(c) like an animal being hunted down.
(d) like someone raised from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
2. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
3. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
4. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
5. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)