|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discouraging thing does Mr. Ostrovski do to Malcolm?
(a) he reminds Malcolm that he is a black boy.
(b) he reports everything to the police.
(c) he tells him he cannot become a lawyer.
(d) he tells him he cannot be Class President.
2. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
(a) a torn dress.
(b) a lot of rags tied together.
(c) a dress that is past mending.
(d) a dress that is mended many times.
3. Who does Earl say is the prophet God has sent to the blacks in America?
(a) Marcus Garvey.
(b) Jackie Robinson.
(c) Martin Luther King, Sr.
(d) Mohammed Ali.
4. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
(a) she cleans their toilets and cooks their food.
(b) she washes their windows every Saturday.
(c) she walks their dogs.
(d) she babysits their small children.
5. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he is leaving.
(b) he knocks down a guard.
(c) he makes the millionth license plate.
(d) he dances on a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm's father believe is the real homeland of his people in America?
2. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
3. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
4. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
5. What happens at night when the Little family has gone to bed?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)