|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
(a) they disapprove of Louise saying Earl was murdered.
(b) they discover that she is Earl's widow.
(c) they will not allow Louise to bring her children to work.
(d) they have been threatened by the Klan.
2. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
(a) the newspaper reporters gathered there.
(b) the large, silent crowd outside the station.
(c) the noise coming from outside.
(d) the fire in Malcolm's eyes.
3. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
(a) because he is big for his age.
(b) because he works there.
(c) because he knows the owner.
(d) because no one sees him sneak in.
4. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are devils created by Satan.
(b) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(c) they are inferior to the black nation.
(d) they are men without souls.
5. What does Luther tell Malcolm all black people are?
(a) an accident of nature.
(b) a sub-species.
(c) a lost tribe of Israel.
(d) a nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
2. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
3. Why does Malcolm think they might make him class president at school?
4. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
5. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)