|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
(a) because she is afraid.
(b) because Malcolm's hand is cold.
(c) because she is cold.
(d) because Malcolm is touching her.
2. When does Lorraine say she became a member of the Movement?
(a) soon after sydney was born.
(b) when Luther went to prison.
(c) right after Luther came home.
(d) when she was sixteen-years-old.
3. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
(a) that he won't have money to do it in prison.
(b) that he looks really nice.
(c) that he's fooling himself.
(d) that he is ashamed of who he is.
4. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) the Welfare Society.
(b) her white neighbors.
(c) the Ku Klux Klan.
(d) the Sheriff.
5. What is Louise's feeling about being light skinned?
(a) she wishes she were blacker than Earl.
(b) she feels superior to Earl.
(c) she feels superior to other blacks.
(d) she wishes she had married a white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
2. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
3. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
4. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
5. What does Luther say black Christians pray for?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)