|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(b) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(c) a declaration of independence.
(d) a community newspaper for black people.
2. What is Hinton's condition in the jail?
(a) he is praying loudly.
(b) he is on a hunger strike.
(c) he is raving mad.
(d) he is unconscious.
3. What name is Malcolm given in Dakar?
(a) El Haji Malik El Shabazz.
(c) Ali Hussein.
4. In a flashback, what does Louise say to Earl about a rabbit?
(a) nobody eats rabbits anymore.
(b) we only raised rabbits to sell to white folks.
(c) we are all tired of eating rabbit.
(d) I don't know how to cook a rabbit.
5. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) chopping wood and washing dishes.
(b) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(c) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(d) picking cotton and baling hay.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the police station the night Hinton is beaten, what is the symbolism of the Muslim ministers?
2. To whom does Luther write about Malcolm?
3. What does Miss Betty want to know about Malcolm to tell her class of young women?
4. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
5. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)