|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
(a) they were black people.
(b) they went to Africa to settle.
(c) they were from a swamp.
(d) they were originally monkeys.
2. What is the news Judge Merritt brings to Malcolm at the Swerlin house?
(a) that he will have two more years of probation.
(b) that he will still have to serve out his sentence.
(c) that he will not have to go to the reform school.
(d) that his mother attempted suicide.
3. What does Luther say about white men being devils?
(a) most of them are.
(b) none of them are.
(c) all are without exception.
(d) some of them are.
4. Why does Malcolm think Shorty wants to set him up with a particular woman?
(a) because she thinks Malcolm is white.
(b) he wants Malcolm to find out if she is a virgin.
(c) if she puts out for Malcolm, Shorty will know she is cheating on him.
(d) he wants Malcolm to break in one of his whores.
5. What is the paper Luther talks about with Malcolm and Sydney?
(a) a court order against mass demonstrations.
(b) a declaration of independence.
(c) a manifesto of Muslim religion.
(d) a community newspaper for black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
2. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
3. What does Malcolm say he feels like when he walks the streets of Harlem?
4. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
5. What does Luther have to say about what Malcolm does to his hair?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)