|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
(a) because he knows the owner.
(b) because no one sees him sneak in.
(c) because he works there.
(d) because he is big for his age.
2. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
(a) they don't print in words blacks can understand.
(b) they don't print anything to give blacks pride in themselves.
(c) they don't print news of whtie atrocities.
(d) they don't print anything at all about the black community.
3. What does Laura say ministers always are when they hear about real life?
4. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are men without souls.
(b) they are devils created by Satan.
(c) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(d) they are inferior to the black nation.
5. What course is Miss Betty teaching when Luther, Malcolm, and Sidney eavesdrop?
(a) the Failure of Black Men to Make Good Husbands
(b) the Way to Find a Good Husband.
(c) the Care of the Elderly.
(d) the Meaning of Marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
2. What does Malcolm have to say about his names?
3. What does Malcolm admit to Laura that made him proud when he was a little boy?
4. Why does Malcolm say he does not write to his mother in the asylum?
5. How does Laura say Malcolm could have saved her once?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)