|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
(a) a gunfight between two blacks.
(b) a fist fight between two black men.
(c) a fist fight between a white man and a black man.
(d) a Muslim minister preaching on the corner.
2. What is Luther's first advice to get Malcolm out of prison?
(a) hire a good lawyer.
(b) let his hair go natural.
(c) not eat any more pork.
(d) write an apology letter to the warden.
3. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
(a) whether Jesus was nothing more than a prophet.
(b) whether Jesus actually lived.
(c) whether Jesus actually raised from the dead.
(d) whether Jesus was white.
4. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
(a) they don't print anything to give blacks pride in themselves.
(b) they don't print news of whtie atrocities.
(c) they don't print in words blacks can understand.
(d) they don't print anything at all about the black community.
5. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) bought drugs for him.
(b) turned tricks.
(c) nursed him through sickness.
(d) cooked his meals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say Luther is the first to do in the prison?
2. Why does Lorraine think it is strange that Malcolm met her husband, Luther, in prison?
3. What is the metaphor of the wolves, rats, and swine in Luther's recounting of his brother's murder?
4. As Malcolm holds Laura's hand, why does she shiver?
5. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)