|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) his father being whipped by the Klan.
(b) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(c) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
(d) the burning down of his father's church.
2. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
3. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says why not find out?
(b) he says it might solves something now.
(c) he says it could, given a chance.
(d) he says it did when the blood was ours.
4. What does Shorty say the Harvard Law School is for?
(a) turning out lawyers to become judges.
(b) turning out lawyers to keep black people in jail.
(c) turning out lawyers to defend black people.
(d) turning out lawyers to defend the Constitution.
5. Over what does Malcolm challenge the Sunday Bible Teacher?
(a) whether Jesus was white.
(b) whether Jesus actually raised from the dead.
(c) whether Jesus was nothing more than a prophet.
(d) whether Jesus actually lived.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
2. Who wants to meet Malcolm now that he is out of prison?
3. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
4. What does Laura find out about Malcolm as they visit?
5. What happens to Malcolm after his mother is taken away?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)