|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) there are explosions going on inside the house.
(b) they are all white.
(c) the fire is too hot to get near.
(d) the house is too far gone to save.
2. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
(a) because no one sees him sneak in.
(b) because he knows the owner.
(c) because he works there.
(d) because he is big for his age.
3. What does Malcolm say when the policeman says bloodshed never solved anything?
(a) he says it did when the blood was ours.
(b) he says why not find out?
(c) he says it might solves something now.
(d) he says it could, given a chance.
4. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for playing the numbers.
(b) for fighting.
(c) for not working.
(d) for cursing.
5. If God is black, what is Luther's conclusion about white men?
(a) they are put on earth to test real believers.
(b) they are devils created by Satan.
(c) they are inferior to the black nation.
(d) they are men without souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lights Malcolm's cigarette when his hand is bandaged?
2. What does Laura say she needs from Malcolm?
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm about the first people ever created?
4. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
5. What does Malcolm think about Luther's hype?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)