|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Laura's parting words to Malcolm?
(a) you're still the nicest boy I ever met.
(b) you're still as stupid as you always were.
(c) you're fooling yourself, you know.
(d) you're still the dreamer.
2. Why does the insurance company not pay up on Earl's life insurance?
(a) they say his policy was lost.
(b) they say he missed the last payment.
(c) they say he committed suicide
(d) they say his policy excludes accidents.
3. What does Malcolm say when Laura says he is nice?
(a) that he is not nice and Laura's grandmother is right about him.
(b) that she may not agree when she knows him better.
(c) that he was raised by his mother to be a nice boy.
(d) that he is only nice to people who are nice to him.
4. Who does Malcolm come across in Small's Paradise Bar?
(a) West Indies Archie.
5. How does Archie outfit Malcolm with new clothes?
(a) borrowing from a friend about Malcolm's size.
(b) with cash he made running numbers.
(c) from a closet of stolen goods.
(d) on his credit card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm say about Miss Stella who says she is with an old family?
2. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
3. What does Earl say will be the outcome of their moving out of town?
4. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
5. What is Luther's complaint about the white press?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)