|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malcolm meet at the subway?
2. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) make Louise find a full time job.
(b) deny Louise any assistance.
(c) talk Louise into leaving the city.
(d) remove Louise's children.
3. What does Laura say she did for Daniel?
(a) cooked his meals.
(b) turned tricks.
(c) nursed him through sickness.
(d) bought drugs for him.
4. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
(a) on the beach with Laura.
(b) on a basketball court.
(c) on the railroad tracks.
(d) on the way to school.
5. Why is Malcolm led away by the prison guards?
(a) for playing the numbers.
(b) for fighting.
(c) for not working.
(d) for cursing.
Short Answer Questions
1. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
2. What is the symbolism of the new glasses and a pawnshop watch lying on a towel?
3. Why does Malcolm make fun of the deacon?
4. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
5. What does Malcolm tell Luther was the only time he ever went down on his knees?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)