|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Malcolm's response when the police tell them to return in the morning?
(a) he says they will do that.
(b) he insists that Hinton needs a doctor.
(c) he goes and calls a lawyer.
(d) he says they will return with more people.
2. What thoughtless remark does Judge Merritt make about black people?
(a) that they only know how to have babies.
(b) that they live in shacks and drive clunker cars.
(c) that they are mostly criminals.
(d) that he wonders if they are people.
3. What do the Klan members accuse Earl of doing?
(a) stirring up the bad niggers in town.
(b) preaching insurrection against the president.
(c) forming a Black Liberation Army.
(d) trying to make a name for himself.
4. How does the traveling companion classify the United States of America?
(a) as naive.
(b) as ready for conversion.
(c) as the Great Satan.
(d) as very backward.
5. Malcolm says "That cat who says he's in utilities actually is in utilities ___________________________."
(a) when he goes in to pay his bill.
(b) when he ain't riding his bicycle for the gas company.
(c) when he reads the customers' meters
(d) when he runs an extension cord from his neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What images accompany Malcolm's statement that the white man is in no moral position to accuse anyone else of hate?
2. Why does Laura say she will never go to Malcolm's Temple?
3. Where is Malcolm walking with two pairs of shoes tied and thrown over his shoulder?
4. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
5. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)