|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shorty think Malcolm is doing with his religious talk?
(a) coming up with a new hustle.
(b) finding something to occupy his time.
(c) trying to prove he is insane.
(d) making fun of the white guards.
2. Before leaving Luther's study, what question does Malcolm ask?
(a) Am I in any danger?
(b) When will I see you again?
(c) Do I have to make a public apology?
(d) Am I going to be reinstated?
3. What does Laura want instead of coffee?
(a) just to talk.
(b) a glass of milk.
(c) something to eat.
(d) a drink.
4. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
(a) not to make friends with bad people.
(b) not to make friends with people others do not like.
(c) not to listen to what people say about your friend.
(d) not to expect too much from your friends.
5. Why do the men in the license plate shop cheer Luther?
(a) he makes the millionth license plate.
(b) he is leaving.
(c) he knocks down a guard.
(d) he dances on a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sidney reveal to Malcolm about Luther's dealings with the Honorable Messenger?
2. What is disturbing to the policemen at the station the night Hinton was beaten?
3. What metaphor does Laura use to describe her condition?
4. What do some women say that puzzles Malcolm?
5. What method does Baldwin use to show flashbacks to Malcolm's early life?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)