|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malcolm tell Sidney to call when he reports the mob on the street?
(a) all the ministers he can find.
(b) all the newspapers he can think of.
(c) all the gang members he can find.
(d) all the black colleges.
2. what are some of the menial jobs Malcolm has?
(a) picking cotton and baling hay.
(b) delivering papers and cleaning stables.
(c) shining shoes and carrying luggage.
(d) chopping wood and washing dishes.
3. Who does Betty go to see in the newspaper office?
(c) The Leader.
4. What is the message to Muslim ministers after the assassination of JFK?
(a) they are to hold vigils.
(b) they are to remain silent.
(c) they are to express their shock.
(d) they are to send condolences.
5. Who are Malcolm and the others looking for at the police station?
(a) Sidney who was taken into custody.
(b) the two black men who were fighting on the street.
(c) a black friend who was only an innocent bystander.
(d) Minister Hinton who was beaten by the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty notice is missing from the latest edition of the black newspaper?
2. How do Malcolm's children understand their father is at home even when he is away?
3. Why does Malcolm say I don't know if I know as much as I thought I knew?
4. What does Luther tell Malcolm before he leaves the prison?
5. What does Betty tell Malcolm is her real problem?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)