|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sidney reveal to Malcolm about Luther's dealings with the Honorable Messenger?
(a) that he wanted his sons to be adopted by the Leader.
(b) that he kept the Leader from excommunicating Malcolm.
(c) that he praised Malcolm to the Leader.
(d) that he always made sure the Leader did not trust him.
2. What does the man on the plane say to Malcolm about the Movement that worries Muslims in the Middle East?
(a) it is casting a bad reflection on Arabic Muslims.
(b) the Leader is not ordained.
(c) it is exclusively for blacks.
(d) it is not using the Arabic language.
3. Why do the gathered crowd and the firemen all stand looking at the house burn down?
(a) the fire is too hot to get near.
(b) there are explosions going on inside the house.
(c) they are all white.
(d) the house is too far gone to save.
4. What are other black leaders saying on national television?
(a) that Malcolm X represents the majority of blacks.
(b) that those like Malcolm X are embittered racial fanatics.
(c) that Malcolm X is the new messiah.
(d) that Malxolm X does not lead a hate cult.
5. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
(a) a fist fight between two black men.
(b) a gunfight between two blacks.
(c) a fist fight between a white man and a black man.
(d) a Muslim minister preaching on the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louise lose her job cooking for a white family?
2. What rule does Mrs. Swerlin say she got from her father and that she lives by?
3. How does Malcolm get away with entering a bar in the Negro Section of Lansing?
4. Why does Earl have to walk home that night?
5. Where is Malcolm planning to go?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)