|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the white Welfare Worker want to do?
(a) remove Louise's children.
(b) deny Louise any assistance.
(c) make Louise find a full time job.
(d) talk Louise into leaving the city.
2. What does Sidney witness on the streets as he delivers his papers?
(a) a fist fight between two black men.
(b) a fist fight between a white man and a black man.
(c) a Muslim minister preaching on the corner.
(d) a gunfight between two blacks.
3. Why is Malcolm not at the Lancing High School dance?
(a) because he has no money.
(b) because he can't dance.
(c) because he is black.
(d) because he has no good clothes.
4. Why does Laura sound grateful for the subway money?
(a) so she doesn't have to turn another trick.
(b) so her old man won't beat her when she gets home.
(c) so she doesn't have to beg on the streets.
(d) so she can get home before her old man.
5. How does Louise respond when she is called a half-white bitch by Klan members?
(a) that she is proud of her black culture.
(b) that she is proof blacks and whites can get along.
(c) that she might be their daughter or sister.
(d) that she is more whte than they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm point out to Luther in his study?
2. Who is Shorty referring to when he speaks about ofays?
3. What is the undertone of Sidney's facial expression seeing Malcolm off at JFK airport?
4. What does the teenage Malcolm excel in that wins him admiration?
5. How does the traveling companion classify the United States of America?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)