|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first terrifying image from Malcolm's childhood?
(a) the burning down of his father's church.
(b) Ku Klux Klan members threatening his mother.
(c) his father being whipped by the Klan.
(d) images of a great fire in his neighborhood.
2. What does Archie say about writing down numbers?
(a) he never wrote down a number in his life.
(b) he always forgets numbers in his head.
(c) he writes down everything.
(d) he writes numbers backwards.
3. What does Luther tell Malcolm about using his fists?
(a) we have to learn how to use our heads.
(b) we have to practice boxing.
(c) we have to learn how to look innocent.
(d) we have to fight only white inmates.
4. As a youth, what are Malcolm and Laura doing that gets the crowd roaring?
5. Who does Louise face one night at suppertime?
(a) the Sheriff.
(b) her white neighbors.
(c) the Ku Klux Klan.
(d) the Welfare Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Malcolm's children understand their father is at home even when he is away?
2. What is the symbolism of the boy entering the large white hotel?
3. Who does Laura say wears the sky like an overcoat?
4. Who is seated next to Malcolm on the Lufthansa plane?
5. What does Malcolm tell Betty about the Movement?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)