* Style of the book is a screenplay based on Alex Haley's book THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X.
* Dramatic technique for flashback scenes utilizes the rear view mirror of a car.
* The early life of Malcolm is affected by his father, Earl, a preacher who espouses the teaching of Marcus Garvey.
* Malcolm lives through the activities of the Ku Klux Klan terrorizing his mother and eventually destroying his family home and murdering Earl.
* Premonition enters as Malcolm talks with Laura as they walk along the beach when Malcolm relates his dreams.
* Louise experiences the trickery of the insurance company that refuses to pay Earl's death benefit because his death was ruled a suicide.
* Malcolm muses about all the names he has had, each name indicating a different aspect of his life.
* An interracial theme is introduced when Malcolm watches a white woman who reminds him of Sophia.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)