|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer have to do to control his hands when excited?
2. Where does Tod live?
3. Who is giving the party Tod leaves for?
4. Where does Homer put the alarm clock?
5. What does Claude offer Tod?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Earle Shoop?
2. What is the metaphor that Tod uses when he thinks about Faye?
3. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
4. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
5. In what way does Tod think he might be able to get closer to Faye?
6. Why does Tod spend so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
7. What has Tod learned in his relatively brief time in Hollywood?
8. How does Homer manage his infatuation with Faye?
9. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
10. How does Tod come to know Homer Simpson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Faye's goals in life? Are they realistic? Why does Tod not figure into Faye's plans? Why does she attach herself to characters like Homer and Earle despite the fact that they cannot advance her goals?
Essay Topic 2
What are the circumstances surrounding Homer's move to California? What was his life like before the move? What precipitated the move? How much planning went into the transition?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the circumstances surrounding Tod's move to California? From where had he come? Why did he make the move? What does he hope to do with his life?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)