|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claude look like his profession should be?
2. What does Tod learn about Faye that he is relieved to know?
3. Where does Homer put the alarm clock?
4. What does Tod think it would be like to fall on Faye?
5. Who is the note from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
2. How does Homer manage the intrusion of the Greeners into his life?
3. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
4. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
5. How does Faye react when she comes home to find Tod at the apartment even though Harry is asleep?
6. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
7. Explain how Faye is getting in over her head with all her suitors?
8. What happens when Tod and Claude arrive at Mrs. Jenning's?
9. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
10. How does Tod come to spend his evenings with Harry even if Faye is not home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Earle Shoop. Why is Faye attracted to him? What is the nature of their relationship? What are Earle's intentions toward Faye? Is she ignorant of these or does she want to push the limits of her life just to see what will happen?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Homer's cottage. Why did he choose it? Is it consistent with Homer's personality? Does it reflect him or not? Why did the author put Homer in this setting?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the circumstances surrounding Tod's move to California? From where had he come? Why did he make the move? What does he hope to do with his life?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)