|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the building?
2. What does Tod do after work?
3. What does Homer think of Homer's sales pitch?
4. What is unusual about Faye's boyfriend's behavior?
5. What is unusual about the chimney?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
2. How does Tod prepare to speak to Faye one more time about working at Mrs. Jenning's?
3. In addition to having Homer support her, how else is Faye taking advantage of him?
4. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
5. Explain how the cock fight in Homer's garage is a scene of foreshadowing.
6. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
7. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
8. Why does Tod begin spending so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
9. Who is Earle Shoop?
10. Why does Tod spend so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Earle Shoop. Why is Faye attracted to him? What is the nature of their relationship? What are Earle's intentions toward Faye? Is she ignorant of these or does she want to push the limits of her life just to see what will happen?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the source of Homer's fearsome memories. Why is he afraid he will not awaken when he sleeps? What is the significance of Homer's hands' shaking and tingling?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the unusual setting of Claude Estee's house. What is Claude trying to communicate about himself through the style of the house and its eccentricities? Does Tod feel comfortable there? Why does Tod return there at the end of the story?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)