|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer eat for his dinner?
2. What is Homer's fear when he takes a nap?
3. What does Homer do when his loneliness overcomes him?
4. Who is Tod Hackett?
5. Where did Tod go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Homer's house seem to symbolize who he is?
2. What progress is Tod making at getting closer to Faye?
3. Why has Tod come to Hollywood?
4. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
5. Describe Homer's house.
6. How does Homer meet Faye?
7. How did Tod come to live at the San Bernardino Arms?
8. In addition to having Homer support her, how else is Faye taking advantage of him?
9. Why does Tod spend so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
10. How does Tod learn about a sporting house?
Essay Topic 1
Describe a day in Homer Simpson's life after he meets Faye Greener. What has Faye's presence meant to Homer's life? Why is Homer elated about Faye? What scares him about her presence in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Tod is so persistent in his pursuit of Faye even though she has told him she cannot love him. Is Tod obtuse? Is he a hopeless romantic? Or does he simply think he will wear down Faye's resistance with his persistence?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Harry Greener's death? For the entertainment industry? For Faye? For Tod?
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)