|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task does Homer recall about working at the hotel?
2. What is Tod watching as the story begins?
3. What happens in the days after Harry and Faye meet Homer?
4. What is Joan's profession?
5. To what does Tod resign himself as far as Faye is concerned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tod come to spend his evenings with Harry even if Faye is not home?
2. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
3. How does Tod learn about a sporting house?
4. What progress is Tod making at getting closer to Faye?
5. What metaphor does the author use for Tod's impression of getting close to Faye?
6. Describe Tod's accommodations in Hollywood.
7. How does Faye charm the men when the cock fight is over?
8. In addition to having Homer support her, how else is Faye taking advantage of him?
9. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
10. Explain how Faye is getting in over her head with all her suitors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Faye take an interest in Homer Simpson? Why is Homer too shy to even speak when he brings wine and flowers to the Greener apartment? What is it about Homer that makes Tod befriend him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe a day in Homer Simpson's life after he meets Faye Greener. What has Faye's presence meant to Homer's life? Why is Homer elated about Faye? What scares him about her presence in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the metaphor of the piles of movie set debris Tod encounters while looking for Faye.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)