|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Jenning's fee?
2. Whose picture is tucked into the frame of Tod's mirror?
3. What does Homer do with his hands as he waits for his bath?
4. What does Tod take to get home?
5. What does Tod want to do with the people he meets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Homer manage his infatuation with Faye?
2. Describe Tod's accommodations in Hollywood.
3. What is the first physical description the reader gets about Faye?
4. Describe the lonely life that Homer now has in California.
5. Explain how Tod is getting an education apart from anything he ever learned at Yale.
6. How does Homer meet the woman that is a big part of his painful memories?
7. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
8. Who is Earle Shoop?
9. What is the metaphor that Tod uses when he thinks about Faye?
10. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Earle Shoop. Why is Faye attracted to him? What is the nature of their relationship? What are Earle's intentions toward Faye? Is she ignorant of these or does she want to push the limits of her life just to see what will happen?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the source of Homer's fearsome memories. Why is he afraid he will not awaken when he sleeps? What is the significance of Homer's hands' shaking and tingling?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author insert a character like Abe Kusich who is a dwarf? How does Tod accept Abe's presence in his life? What does Abe mean for Tod? For the story?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)