Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Jenning's change professions?
2. Where is Tod viewing this scene?
3. Who is Tod Hackett?
4. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
5. What color is the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Homer and the woman at the hotel?
2. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
3. How does Faye react when she comes home to find Tod at the apartment even though Harry is asleep?
4. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
5. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
6. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
7. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
8. What does Faye tell Tod about her new living arrangements?
9. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
10. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
Essay Topic 1
Describe a typical day in the life of Homer Simpson. How does he spend much of his time. Who are his friends? Who does he talk to? How does he take his meals? How does he get to sleep?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Tod view the people he sees as potential models or subjects of his paintings? What is the author telling the reader by Tod's fixation? Is Tod a realist or a romantic?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the metaphor of the piles of movie set debris Tod encounters while looking for Faye.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)