|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which artists is Tod interested in now?
2. What does Tod see when he enters his room?
3. What career did Mrs. Jenning take on?
4. What is the name of the building where Tod lives/
5. What does Tod think it would be like to fall on Faye?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Jenning?
2. How does Tod prepare to speak to Faye one more time about working at Mrs. Jenning's?
3. In what way does Tod think he might be able to get closer to Faye?
4. What happens when Tod and Claude arrive at Mrs. Jenning's?
5. How does Homer manage his infatuation with Faye?
6. In addition to having Homer support her, how else is Faye taking advantage of him?
7. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
8. How does Faye react when she comes home to find Tod at the apartment even though Harry is asleep?
9. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
10. What has Tod learned in his relatively brief time in Hollywood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Earle Shoop. Why is Faye attracted to him? What is the nature of their relationship? What are Earle's intentions toward Faye? Is she ignorant of these or does she want to push the limits of her life just to see what will happen?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Faye take an interest in Homer Simpson? Why is Homer too shy to even speak when he brings wine and flowers to the Greener apartment? What is it about Homer that makes Tod befriend him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Homer's cottage. Why did he choose it? Is it consistent with Homer's personality? Does it reflect him or not? Why did the author put Homer in this setting?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)