|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary Dove?
2. What disease did Homer get?
3. What is especially unusual about the two bedrooms?
4. What does Tod think of Joan?
5. Why does Homer leave the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Jenning?
2. Who is Harry Greener?
3. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
4. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
5. Describe Homer's personality.
6. How does Homer's life change after meeting Faye?
7. Describe Tod's accommodations in Hollywood.
8. In addition to having Homer support her, how else is Faye taking advantage of him?
9. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
10. Explain the symbolism of Faye's working on the movie, Waterloo.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe a day in Homer Simpson's life after he meets Faye Greener. What has Faye's presence meant to Homer's life? Why is Homer elated about Faye? What scares him about her presence in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author insert a character like Abe Kusich who is a dwarf? How does Tod accept Abe's presence in his life? What does Abe mean for Tod? For the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the circumstances surrounding Tod's move to California? From where had he come? Why did he make the move? What does he hope to do with his life?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)