|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tod think it would be like to fall on Faye?
2. What is Tod's view of the world?
3. Where does Mrs. Jenning take Claude and Tod?
4. What good quality does Faye tell Tod he has?
5. What does Tod take to get home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Harry Greener?
2. Who is Claude Estee?
3. How does Tod come to spend his evenings with Harry even if Faye is not home?
4. How does Faye react when she comes home to find Tod at the apartment even though Harry is asleep?
5. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
6. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
7. How does Tod prepare to speak to Faye one more time about working at Mrs. Jenning's?
8. What metaphor does the author use for Tod's impression of getting close to Faye?
9. How does Homer manage the intrusion of the Greeners into his life?
10. How does Faye react when Tod tries to get closer to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Jenning. What does she look like? What was her past? How has she created a business that will sustain her? Does she seem comfortable with her new life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Tod is so persistent in his pursuit of Faye even though she has told him she cannot love him. Is Tod obtuse? Is he a hopeless romantic? Or does he simply think he will wear down Faye's resistance with his persistence?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Faye Greener. Why is Tod so infatuated with her even though she is younger than he? How can Tod look beyond Faye's shallow and self-centered personality and want to spend time with her? What does Faye represent for Tod?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)