|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Homer hate this moment waiting for the bath?
2. What does Homer recall in his memory?
3. What good quality does Faye tell Tod he has?
4. Who is Harry Greener?
5. What type of architecture is the norm in California?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the cock fight in Homer's garage is a scene of foreshadowing.
2. How does Homer meet the woman that is a big part of his painful memories?
3. What progress is Tod making at getting closer to Faye?
4. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
5. Describe the lonely life that Homer now has in California.
6. Why has Tod come to Hollywood?
7. What does Faye tell Tod about her new living arrangements?
8. In what way does Tod think he might be able to get closer to Faye?
9. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
10. Describe Homer's personality.
Essay Topic 1
Explain the unusual setting of Claude Estee's house. What is Claude trying to communicate about himself through the style of the house and its eccentricities? Does Tod feel comfortable there? Why does Tod return there at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are the circumstances surrounding Homer's move to California? What was his life like before the move? What precipitated the move? How much planning went into the transition?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Earle Shoop. Why is Faye attracted to him? What is the nature of their relationship? What are Earle's intentions toward Faye? Is she ignorant of these or does she want to push the limits of her life just to see what will happen?
This section contains 1,418 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)