Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Jenning's change professions?
2. Where is Tod viewing this scene?
3. Who is Tod Hackett?
4. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
5. What color is the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Homer and the woman at the hotel?
2. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
3. How does Faye react when she comes home to find Tod at the apartment even though Harry is asleep?
4. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
5. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
6. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
7. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
8. What does Faye tell Tod about her new living arrangements?
9. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
10. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
Explain the circumstances surrounding Tod's move to California? From where had he come? Why did he make the move? What does he hope to do with his life?
Explain the metaphor of the piles of movie set debris Tod encounters while looking for Faye.
What are Faye's goals in life? Are they realistic? Why does Tod not figure into Faye's plans? Why does she attach herself to characters like Homer and Earle despite the fact that they cannot advance her goals?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)