|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claude's profession?
2. Where does Tod live?
3. What does Harry make in his bathroom?
4. What is Mrs. Jenning's fee?
5. What does Tod think Abe is when he first sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faye charm the men when the cock fight is over?
2. What happens when Tod and Claude arrive at Mrs. Jenning's?
3. What is Tod's opinion of why people come to California?
4. Who is Claude Estee?
5. Explain how Tod is getting an education apart from anything he ever learned at Yale.
6. Explain how the cock fight in Homer's garage is a scene of foreshadowing.
7. Explain the symbolism of Faye's working on the movie, Waterloo.
8. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
9. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
10. What does Faye tell Tod about her new living arrangements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Tod view the people he sees as potential models or subjects of his paintings? What is the author telling the reader by Tod's fixation? Is Tod a realist or a romantic?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Earle Shoop. Why is Faye attracted to him? What is the nature of their relationship? What are Earle's intentions toward Faye? Is she ignorant of these or does she want to push the limits of her life just to see what will happen?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author insert a character like Abe Kusich who is a dwarf? How does Tod accept Abe's presence in his life? What does Abe mean for Tod? For the story?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)