|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Jenning call her customers?
2. Why does Faye tell Tod she cannot love him?
3. Where does Claude take Tod after the party?
4. What happens in the days after Harry and Faye meet Homer?
5. Where did Homer live before he moved to California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the metaphor that Tod uses when he thinks about Faye?
2. What is the significance of Harry's death for Faye?
3. Why is Tod so energized to be in Hollywood?
4. Describe the lonely life that Homer now has in California.
5. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
6. Explain the symbolism of Faye's working on the movie, Waterloo.
7. What metaphor does the author use for Tod's impression of getting close to Faye?
8. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
9. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
10. How does Tod learn about a sporting house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Harry Greener's death? For the entertainment industry? For Faye? For Tod?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mrs. Jenning. What does she look like? What was her past? How has she created a business that will sustain her? Does she seem comfortable with her new life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the metaphor of the piles of movie set debris Tod encounters while looking for Faye.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)