Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Jenning's change professions?
2. Where is Tod viewing this scene?
3. Who is Tod Hackett?
4. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
5. What color is the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Homer and the woman at the hotel?
2. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
3. How does Faye react when she comes home to find Tod at the apartment even though Harry is asleep?
4. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
5. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
6. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
7. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
8. What does Faye tell Tod about her new living arrangements?
9. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
10. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Homer's cottage. Why did he choose it? Is it consistent with Homer's personality? Does it reflect him or not? Why did the author put Homer in this setting?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Faye Greener. Why is Tod so infatuated with her even though she is younger than he? How can Tod look beyond Faye's shallow and self-centered personality and want to spend time with her? What does Faye represent for Tod?
Essay Topic 3
Describe a day in Homer Simpson's life after he meets Faye Greener. What has Faye's presence meant to Homer's life? Why is Homer elated about Faye? What scares him about her presence in his life?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)