|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tod want to do with the people he meets?
2. Whose party is Tod going to tonight?
3. What does Tod think it would be like to fall on Faye?
4. What does Tod think when he sees Mary Dove?
5. Where did Homer live before he moved to California?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
2. Who is Claude Estee?
3. Why does Tod spend so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
4. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
5. How does Homer manage his infatuation with Faye?
6. How does Homer manage the intrusion of the Greeners into his life?
7. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
8. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
9. Describe the symbolism of the discarded film set debris that Tod sees as he walks to find Faye on the movie set.
10. Explain the symbolism of Faye's working on the movie, Waterloo.
Essay Topic 1
Why does Faye take an interest in Homer Simpson? Why is Homer too shy to even speak when he brings wine and flowers to the Greener apartment? What is it about Homer that makes Tod befriend him?
Essay Topic 2
What are the circumstances surrounding Homer's move to California? What was his life like before the move? What precipitated the move? How much planning went into the transition?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the metaphor of the piles of movie set debris Tod encounters while looking for Faye.
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)