|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career did Mrs. Jenning take on?
2. What color is the building?
3. Where did Homer live before he moved to California?
4. What was Harry's dream?
5. What is the name of the building where Tod lives/
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Faye's plans now that Harry is dead?
2. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
3. What progress is Tod making at getting closer to Faye?
4. Describe Homer's personality.
5. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
6. Describe Homer's house.
7. What metaphor does the author use for Tod's impression of getting close to Faye?
8. What is Tod's experience with Joan Schwartzen?
9. Describe the lonely life that Homer now has in California.
10. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the source of Homer's fearsome memories. Why is he afraid he will not awaken when he sleeps? What is the significance of Homer's hands' shaking and tingling?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mrs. Jenning. What does she look like? What was her past? How has she created a business that will sustain her? Does she seem comfortable with her new life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the metaphor of the piles of movie set debris Tod encounters while looking for Faye.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)