|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Claude waiting for Tod?
2. What is Tod watching as the story begins?
3. What type of house does Claude Estee have?
4. What is Homer's personality?
5. What does Homer see in the woman's hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tod prepare to speak to Faye one more time about working at Mrs. Jenning's?
2. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
3. How does Homer meet Faye?
4. Describe Tod's accommodations in Hollywood.
5. What is Tod's opinion of why people come to California?
6. Explain how Tod gets in his own way when trying to make any progress with Faye.
7. Who is Mrs. Jenning?
8. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
9. How does Faye react when Tod tries to get closer to her?
10. Why does Tod begin spending so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Earle Shoop. Why is Faye attracted to him? What is the nature of their relationship? What are Earle's intentions toward Faye? Is she ignorant of these or does she want to push the limits of her life just to see what will happen?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Harry Greener. What is his past life like? What brought him to Hollywood? What are his physical characteristics? Is he resourceful or pathetic with his silver business?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the source of Homer's fearsome memories. Why is he afraid he will not awaken when he sleeps? What is the significance of Homer's hands' shaking and tingling?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)