|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tod like to see in the building?
2. What is the only way Homer can stop thinking about Faye?
3. Where is Claude waiting for Tod?
4. What does Harry ask Homer?
5. Why does Faye tell Tod she cannot love him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Homer's house seem to symbolize who he is?
2. What progress is Tod making at getting closer to Faye?
3. Explain how Tod gets in his own way when trying to make any progress with Faye.
4. Describe Homer's house.
5. Who is Claude Estee?
6. What are the circumstances of Abe's being injured at Homer's house?
7. Who is Harry Greener?
8. What is the metaphor that Tod uses when he thinks about Faye?
9. Why is Tod so energized to be in Hollywood?
10. Who is Mrs. Jenning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Tod is so persistent in his pursuit of Faye even though she has told him she cannot love him. Is Tod obtuse? Is he a hopeless romantic? Or does he simply think he will wear down Faye's resistance with his persistence?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Harry Greener's death? For the entertainment industry? For Faye? For Tod?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Faye take an interest in Homer Simpson? Why is Homer too shy to even speak when he brings wine and flowers to the Greener apartment? What is it about Homer that makes Tod befriend him?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)