|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faye tell Tod she cannot love him?
2. What is the name of the building where Tod lives/
3. What does Tod do after work?
4. Who does Tod begin to keep company with?
5. What does Tod take to get home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tod so energized to be in Hollywood?
2. Explain how the cock fight in Homer's garage is a scene of foreshadowing.
3. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
4. Explain the symbolism of Faye's working on the movie, Waterloo.
5. Describe Homer's house.
6. Describe Homer's personality.
7. In addition to having Homer support her, how else is Faye taking advantage of him?
8. What happens between Homer and the woman at the hotel?
9. Who is Harry Greener?
10. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the circumstances surrounding Homer's move to California? What was his life like before the move? What precipitated the move? How much planning went into the transition?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Homer's cottage. Why did he choose it? Is it consistent with Homer's personality? Does it reflect him or not? Why did the author put Homer in this setting?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author insert a character like Abe Kusich who is a dwarf? How does Tod accept Abe's presence in his life? What does Abe mean for Tod? For the story?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)