|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
2. Where does Claude take Tod after the party?
3. Who is Harry Greener?
4. What does Tod think of Joan?
5. What is the answer to #27 wearing in the picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
2. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
3. What are Faye's plans now that Harry is dead?
4. Who is Harry Greener?
5. How does Tod's new friendship with Abe foreshadow what will come for Tod?
6. What is the first physical description the reader gets about Faye?
7. Explain how the cock fight in Homer's garage is a scene of foreshadowing.
8. What is the metaphor that Tod uses when he thinks about Faye?
9. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
10. Who is Mrs. Jenning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the foreshadowing of the battle scene Tod witnesses at the beginning of the novel. What does it signify for him later in the story? Why does the author open the story this way?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the metaphor of the piles of movie set debris Tod encounters while looking for Faye.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Harry Greener. What is his past life like? What brought him to Hollywood? What are his physical characteristics? Is he resourceful or pathetic with his silver business?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)