|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of house does Claude Estee have?
2. Who is Harry Greener?
3. What does Homer do for Harry and Faye?
4. Where does Homer spend most of his time?
5. What happens to Harry during his sales pitch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tod come to live at the San Bernardino Arms?
2. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
3. Explain how Faye is getting in over her head with all her suitors?
4. How does Faye react when she comes home to find Tod at the apartment even though Harry is asleep?
5. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
6. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
7. Describe Tod's accommodations in Hollywood.
8. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
9. What are Faye's plans now that Harry is dead?
10. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Jenning. What does she look like? What was her past? How has she created a business that will sustain her? Does she seem comfortable with her new life?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Harry Greener's death? For the entertainment industry? For Faye? For Tod?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Harry Greener. What is his past life like? What brought him to Hollywood? What are his physical characteristics? Is he resourceful or pathetic with his silver business?
This section contains 1,451 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)