|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task does Homer recall about working at the hotel?
(a) Sweeping the lobby
(b) Making a deadbeat tenant pay up
(c) Getting keys made
(d) Folding the towels
2. What does Tod learn about Faye that he is relieved to know?
(a) She is not one of Mrs. Jenning's girls
(b) She has broken up with her boyfriend
(c) She is getting out of the movie business
(d) She has asked him to dinner at her apartment
3. Where does Claude take Tod after the party?
(a) The movie studio
(b) A poker game
(c) Audrey Jenning's house
(d) A cock fight
4. What does Homer have to do to control his hands when excited?
(a) Wear gloves
(b) Sit on them
(c) Put them behind his back
(d) Put them under a table
5. Where does Homer take his walks?
(a) To the pet shop
(b) Past Faye and Harry's apartment
(c) To the library
(d) To the park
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Homer's personality?
2. What happens in the days after Harry and Faye meet Homer?
3. What does Homer recall in his memory?
4. Why does Homer leave the room?
5. Whose picture is tucked into the frame of Tod's mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tod begin spending so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
2. Explain how Tod is getting an education apart from anything he ever learned at Yale.
3. How does Tod learn about a sporting house?
4. How does Faye charm the men when the cock fight is over?
5. How does Homer manage the intrusion of the Greeners into his life?
6. What is the metaphor that Tod uses when he thinks about Faye?
7. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
8. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
9. How does Homer meet Faye?
10. What are Faye's plans now that Harry is dead?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)