|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tod take to get home?
(a) A bike
(b) A bus
(c) A taxi
(d) A streetcar
2. Why did Mrs. Jenning's change professions?
(a) Her legs hurt all the time
(b) Her voice did not work well for talking pictures
(c) She got married
(d) She got a different degree
3. What does Tod think about Faye's physical presence?
4. How does Tod treat Homer?
(a) He ignores him
(b) He befriends him
(c) He yells at him
(d) He berates him
5. Who is giving the party Tod leaves for?
(a) Abe Kusich
(b) Faye Greener
(c) Amanda Greenway
(d) Claude Estee
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Harry during his sales pitch?
2. What is Joan's profession?
3. What does Tod learn about Faye that he is relieved to know?
4. Whose picture is tucked into the frame of Tod's mirror?
5. What is the content of the note?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Tod is getting an education apart from anything he ever learned at Yale.
2. What has Tod learned in his relatively brief time in Hollywood?
3. How does Homer manage the intrusion of the Greeners into his life?
4. How does Faye react when she comes home to find Tod at the apartment even though Harry is asleep?
5. What progress is Tod making at getting closer to Faye?
6. How does Faye react when Tod tries to get closer to her?
7. Describe Tod's accommodations in Hollywood.
8. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
9. How does the author indicate that Homer has some serious personal issues?
10. What happens between Homer and the woman at the hotel?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)