|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faye tell Tod she cannot love him?
(a) He is too old for her
(b) He is from the East
(c) He is neither good-looking nor wealthy
(d) He is not old enough for her
2. Who is Mary Dove?
(a) A waitress
(b) An usher at a theater
(c) A nurse
(d) A friend of Faye's
3. What is Claude's profession?
(d) Postal worker
4. What does the little man carry?
(a) A clipboard
(b) A Blackberry
(c) A laptop
(d) A megaphone
5. What is Tod watching as the story begins?
(a) Cavalrymen and infantrymen
(b) Cowboys and Indians
(c) A Broadway play
(d) Marines and sailors
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tod spend time with the answer to #62?
2. What is Tod's view of the world?
3. What does Homer recall in his memory?
4. Who is the note from?
5. How does Harry supplement his income?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tod's opinion of why people come to California?
2. Explain how Faye is getting in over her head with all her suitors?
3. How does Homer's house seem to symbolize who he is?
4. What are the circumstances of Abe's being injured at Homer's house?
5. What has Tod learned in his relatively brief time in Hollywood?
6. Explain how the cock fight in Homer's garage is a scene of foreshadowing.
7. Who is Claude Estee?
8. How does Homer meet Faye?
9. Why is Tod so energized to be in Hollywood?
10. Describe Homer's house.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)