|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tod get hired?
(a) He knew the boss
(b) His father owns the studio
(c) Good drawings done at school
(d) He didn't ask for much money
2. What does Tod think it would be like to fall on Faye?
(a) A mistake
(d) Jagged edges
3. How are the bedrooms decorated?
(a) Texas style
(b) New England style
(c) Shabby chic style
(d) Florida style
4. What is Tod's impression of Mrs. Jenning?
(a) She is quite cultured
(b) She is too brazen
(c) She is uneducated
(d) She is out of her element
5. Where does Claude take Tod after the party?
(a) A poker game
(b) The movie studio
(c) A cock fight
(d) Audrey Jenning's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tod think about Faye's physical presence?
2. Why does Homer leave the room?
3. Who is Harry Greener?
4. How does Tod treat Homer?
5. Who does Tod like to see in the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tod and Claude arrive at Mrs. Jenning's?
2. What metaphor does the author use for Tod's impression of getting close to Faye?
3. How does Tod come to spend his evenings with Harry even if Faye is not home?
4. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
5. Describe Homer's house.
6. How does Homer manage his infatuation with Faye?
7. How does Homer manage the intrusion of the Greeners into his life?
8. Explain how Tod gets in his own way when trying to make any progress with Faye.
9. How does Homer's house seem to symbolize who he is?
10. Describe the symbolism of the discarded film set debris that Tod sees as he walks to find Faye on the movie set.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)