|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the bedrooms decorated?
(a) Florida style
(b) Shabby chic style
(c) Texas style
(d) New England style
2. What does Homer do for Harry and Faye?
(a) Buys them a new car
(b) Takes them out to dinner
(c) Loans them some money
(d) Fixes lunch for them
3. What is it about Claude's appearance that gives away his profession?
(a) His facial expressions
(b) His physique
(c) His impeccable clothes
(d) His hairstyle
4. Whose accent and mannerisms does Tod mimic?
(a) A British commander
(b) A New England fisherman
(c) A Civil War colonel
(d) A hillbilly
5. What does Mrs. Jenning call her customers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the building?
2. What does Joan show Tod in the Estees' backyard?
3. What is noticeable about Abe's physical presence?
4. Where does Homer put the alarm clock?
5. What does Harry make in his bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Faye's plans now that Harry is dead?
2. What metaphor does the author use for Tod's impression of getting close to Faye?
3. Who is Mrs. Jenning?
4. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
5. Explain how Faye is getting in over her head with all her suitors?
6. Who is Harry Greener?
7. Why is Tod so energized to be in Hollywood?
8. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
9. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
10. Describe Homer's house.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)