|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Homer spend most of his time?
(a) The dog track
(b) His patio
(c) The museum
(d) The movies
2. What does Tod think it would be like to fall on Faye?
(a) Jagged edges
(b) A mistake
3. How are the main sections of the house decorated?
(a) Early American
(c) Spanish furniture
(d) English cottage
4. How does Harry supplement his income?
(b) Delivering newspapers
(c) Selling door-to-door
(d) Doing kids' parties
5. What does Tod want to do with the people he meets?
(a) Take them to dinner
(b) Paint them
(c) Interview them
(d) Make friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tod think when he sees Mary Dove?
2. What is the only way Homer can stop thinking about Faye?
3. What is the content of the note?
4. What is unusual about the chimney?
5. Who does Tod begin to keep company with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tod's experience with Joan Schwartzen?
2. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
3. How does Homer meet Faye?
4. What is the metaphor that Tod uses when he thinks about Faye?
5. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
6. Describe Homer's house.
7. What happens when Tod and Claude arrive at Mrs. Jenning's?
8. Describe Homer's personality.
9. How does Homer's life change after meeting Faye?
10. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)