Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Jenning's change professions?
(a) She got a different degree
(b) Her legs hurt all the time
(c) Her voice did not work well for talking pictures
(d) She got married
2. Where is Tod viewing this scene?
(a) A school play
(b) A museum
(c) A Broadway stage
(d) A Hollywood sound stage
3. Who is Tod Hackett?
(a) A doctor
(b) An artist
(c) A waiter
(d) A teacher
4. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
(a) The Estees' neighbor
(b) A friend of Mrs. Estee's
(c) Claude's sister
(d) Claude's mistress
5. What color is the building?
(a) off white
(b) buff beig
(c) diluted mustard
(d) flamingo pink
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer do for Harry and Faye?
2. What is Tod watching as the story begins?
3. What does Homer have to do to control his hands when excited?
4. Who is Faye's new boyfriend?
5. What is the answer to #27 wearing in the picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Homer and the woman at the hotel?
2. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
3. How does Faye react when she comes home to find Tod at the apartment even though Harry is asleep?
4. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
5. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
6. What were the circumstances of Homer Simpson's move to California?
7. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
8. What does Faye tell Tod about her new living arrangements?
9. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
10. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)