|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tod supposed to learn on this job?
(a) Set and costume design
(c) Staging and blocking
(d) Public relations
2. What does Faye's new boyfriend bring to the apartment?
(a) Theater tickets
(b) Flowers and wine
(c) A potted plant
3. What was Harry's former profession?
(a) Retail manager
(b) Vaudeville clown
(c) School teacher
4. What is Homer's fear when he takes a nap?
(a) He will have nightmares
(b) He might not wake up
(c) He will snore too loud
(d) He will have a recurring dream
5. In what room does the answer to #17 live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claude want to take Tod after the party?
2. What task does Homer recall about working at the hotel?
3. Who is Harry Greener?
4. What does Homer do for Harry and Faye?
5. What does Tod see when he enters his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Homer meet Faye?
2. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
3. What is Tod's experience with Joan Schwartzen?
4. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
5. What is the significance of Harry's death for Faye?
6. Who is Harry Greener?
7. Explain how Tod is getting an education apart from anything he ever learned at Yale.
8. Who is Claude Estee?
9. How did Tod come to live at the San Bernardino Arms?
10. Why is Tod so energized to be in Hollywood?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)