|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way Homer can stop thinking about Faye?
(b) Get drunk
(c) Date a new woman
(d) Move back home
2. What is Tod's impression of Mrs. Jenning?
(a) She is too brazen
(b) She is uneducated
(c) She is out of her element
(d) She is quite cultured
3. Why does Homer leave the room?
(a) The woman screams at him
(b) The woman reclines suggestively
(c) The woman falls asleep
(d) The woman pays him the overdue rent
4. What is the content of the note?
(a) A Chinese takeout menu
(b) An invitation to dinner
(c) An overdue rent notice
(d) A racing tip
5. What is Homer's personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Harry's dream?
2. What does Faye's new boyfriend bring to the apartment?
3. What does Homer drop in the woman's lap?
4. Where does Homer spend most of his time?
5. What disease did Homer get?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
2. How does Homer's house seem to symbolize who he is?
3. What are the circumstances of Abe's being injured at Homer's house?
4. What is Tod's opinion of why people come to California?
5. How does Tod prepare to speak to Faye one more time about working at Mrs. Jenning's?
6. Who is Harry Greener?
7. How does Homer's life change after meeting Faye?
8. Why is Tod so energized to be in Hollywood?
9. What has Tod learned in his relatively brief time in Hollywood?
10. How does Tod come to spend his evenings with Harry even if Faye is not home?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)