|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Homer live before he moved to California?
(a) Portland, Indiana
(b) Waynesville, Ohio
(c) Waynesville, Iowa
(d) Waukesha, Wisconsin
2. To what does Tod resign himself as far as Faye is concerned?
(a) Ignore her
(b) Forget her
(c) Make her love him
(d) Worship her from afar
3. What is Joan's profession?
(a) A tennis champ
(b) A lawyer
(c) A caterer
(d) An actress
4. Where does Tod live?
(a) A townhouse
(b) A hotel
(c) A room in a three-story house
(d) An inn
5. What does Harry ask Homer?
(a) If he wants to buy copper polish
(b) Where he buys his clothes
(c) If Homer would take in boarders
(d) If he wants to go to the movies
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the note from?
2. What does Homer have to do to control his hands when excited?
3. Where does Homer spend most of his time?
4. What is the only way Homer can stop thinking about Faye?
5. What does Tod think about Faye's physical presence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Homer meet the woman that is a big part of his painful memories?
2. Why has Tod come to Hollywood?
3. How does Homer manage the intrusion of the Greeners into his life?
4. How does Tod come to spend his evenings with Harry even if Faye is not home?
5. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
6. How did Tod come to live at the San Bernardino Arms?
7. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
8. How does Homer's house seem to symbolize who he is?
9. What is Tod's opinion of why people come to California?
10. How does Tod prepare to speak to Faye one more time about working at Mrs. Jenning's?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)