|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the building where Tod lives/
(a) San Bernardino Arms
(b) The Regency
(c) Bernardino Estates
(d) San Juan Arms
2. What does Tod think Abe is when he first sees him?
(a) A used car salesman
(b) A pile of laundry
(c) A minister
(d) A traveling salesman
3. What does Tod learn about Faye that he is relieved to know?
(a) She is getting out of the movie business
(b) She has asked him to dinner at her apartment
(c) She has broken up with her boyfriend
(d) She is not one of Mrs. Jenning's girls
4. What is Homer's fear when he takes a nap?
(a) He will have nightmares
(b) He will have a recurring dream
(c) He might not wake up
(d) He will snore too loud
5. Where did Homer work before he came to California?
(a) A hotel
(b) A school
(c) A power plant
(d) A factory
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tod begin to keep company with?
2. What career did Mrs. Jenning take on?
3. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
4. What is the content of the note?
5. Whose picture is tucked into the frame of Tod's mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Homer meet the woman that is a big part of his painful memories?
2. What progress is Tod making at getting closer to Faye?
3. Explain how Faye is getting in over her head with all her suitors?
4. What has Tod learned in his relatively brief time in Hollywood?
5. Who is Claude Estee?
6. Why is Tod unsure about Harry's illness at first?
7. Why does Tod spend so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
8. What are Faye's plans now that Harry is dead?
9. How does Tod come to spend his evenings with Harry even if Faye is not home?
10. What does Faye tell Tod about her new living arrangements?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)