|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the subjects for Tod's most recent painting?
(a) Abe and Faye
(b) Abe and Alicia
(c) Aaron and Faye
(d) Abe and Elsa
2. What does Homer do when his loneliness overcomes him?
(a) Writes letters
(b) Goes to a movie
(d) Watches TV
3. What does Harry ask Homer?
(a) If he wants to buy copper polish
(b) If Homer would take in boarders
(c) If he wants to go to the movies
(d) Where he buys his clothes
4. What happens to Harry during his sales pitch?
(a) He has chest pains and gasps for air
(b) He faints
(c) He begins to sweat profusely
(d) He forgets the words
5. What task does Homer recall about working at the hotel?
(a) Making a deadbeat tenant pay up
(b) Sweeping the lobby
(c) Folding the towels
(d) Getting keys made
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joan's profession?
2. Why does Homer hate this moment waiting for the bath?
3. What was Mrs. Jenning's former profession?
4. What is the scene in one of the bedroom paintings?
5. What does Tod think about Faye's physical presence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Faye and Homer's relationship begins to go bad.
2. How does Tod prepare to speak to Faye one more time about working at Mrs. Jenning's?
3. What are the circumstances of Abe's being injured at Homer's house?
4. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
5. Explain how Faye is getting in over her head with all her suitors?
6. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
7. What metaphor does the author use for Tod's impression of getting close to Faye?
8. What is Tod's experience with Joan Schwartzen?
9. Why has Tod come to Hollywood?
10. What is the first physical description the reader gets about Faye?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)