|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Faye's new boyfriend?
(a) Homer Simpson
(b) Claude Estee
(c) Abe Kusich
(d) Harry Greener
2. What does Tod do after work?
(a) Does his laundry
(c) Watches TV
(d) Takes a nap
3. What does Mrs. Jenning call her customers?
4. Where did Homer live before he moved to California?
(a) Waukesha, Wisconsin
(b) Waynesville, Iowa
(c) Portland, Indiana
(d) Waynesville, Ohio
5. Whose party is Tod going to tonight?
(a) Claude Estee
(b) Abe Kusich
(c) Amanda Greenway
(d) Faye Greener
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the bedrooms decorated?
2. Where does Tod live?
3. What does Tod learn about Faye that he is relieved to know?
4. What does Tod think when he sees Mary Dove?
5. What is Tod's view of the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author indicate that Homer has some serious personal issues?
2. How does Homer's life change after meeting Faye?
3. What is the first physical description the reader gets about Faye?
4. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
5. What are Faye's plans now that Harry is dead?
6. How does Tod's new friendship with Abe foreshadow what will come for Tod?
7. Why does Tod begin spending so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
8. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
9. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
10. What progress is Tod making at getting closer to Faye?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)