|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Homer do with his hands as he waits for his bath?
(a) Puts lotion on them
(b) Plunges them into cold water
(c) Stretches them
(d) Rubs them
2. Why does Homer leave the room?
(a) The woman reclines suggestively
(b) The woman falls asleep
(c) The woman pays him the overdue rent
(d) The woman screams at him
3. What does Homer recall in his memory?
(a) A tipsy woman flirted with him in the elevator
(b) His wife left him for his best friend
(c) His mother died a slow death of cancer
(d) He lost his job
4. What does Harry ask Homer?
(a) If Homer would take in boarders
(b) If he wants to buy copper polish
(c) If he wants to go to the movies
(d) Where he buys his clothes
5. How does Harry supplement his income?
(a) Delivering newspapers
(c) Selling door-to-door
(d) Doing kids' parties
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry Greener meet Homer?
2. What is noticeable about Abe's physical presence?
3. How does Tod treat Homer?
4. Where did Homer live before he moved to California?
5. Where does Tod spend time with the answer to #62?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Homer meet the woman that is a big part of his painful memories?
2. Who is Mrs. Jenning?
3. What are Faye's plans now that Harry is dead?
4. In addition to having Homer support her, how else is Faye taking advantage of him?
5. How does Faye charm the men when the cock fight is over?
6. What is the first physical description the reader gets about Faye?
7. Explain the symbolism of Faye's working on the movie, Waterloo.
8. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
9. Describe Homer's house.
10. Who is Claude Estee?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)