|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good quality does Faye tell Tod he has?
(a) He is generous
(b) He is smart
(c) He is good-hearted
(d) He is compassionate
2. Where does Mrs. Jenning take Claude and Tod?
(a) A screening room
(b) A poker room
(c) A smoking room
(d) A video room
3. What does Tod think it would be like to fall on Faye?
(a) A mistake
(b) Jagged edges
4. Where does Tod live?
(a) An inn
(b) A townhouse
(c) A hotel
(d) A room in a three-story house
5. What is the content of the note?
(a) An invitation to dinner
(b) A Chinese takeout menu
(c) An overdue rent notice
(d) A racing tip
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tod do after work?
2. Who does Tod begin to keep company with?
3. What task does Homer recall about working at the hotel?
4. Where does Claude take Tod after the party?
5. To what does Tod resign himself as far as Faye is concerned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Homer's house seem to symbolize who he is?
2. Who is Claude Estee?
3. Explain how Tod is getting an education apart from anything he ever learned at Yale.
4. Describe Homer's personality.
5. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
6. Why does Tod spend so much time at the Greeners' apartment?
7. How does Homer meet the woman that is a big part of his painful memories?
8. How does Faye react when Tod tries to get closer to her?
9. Describe Tod's accommodations in Hollywood.
10. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)