|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
(a) A friend of Mrs. Estee's
(b) Claude's mistress
(c) The Estees' neighbor
(d) Claude's sister
2. Why does Homer leave the room?
(a) The woman reclines suggestively
(b) The woman pays him the overdue rent
(c) The woman falls asleep
(d) The woman screams at him
3. What does Tod think when he sees Mary Dove?
(a) That maybe Faye works at Mrs. Jenning's
(b) That Mary is not as pretty as Faye
(c) That he has to talk to Faye tomorrow
(d) That Mary is even prettier than Faye
4. Who does Tod like to see in the building?
(a) Faye Greener
(b) Alison Greenson
(c) Amanda Greenway
(d) Elsa Peretti
5. Where does Tod spend time with the answer to #62?
(a) Mrs. Jenning's house
(b) The race track
(c) Faye's apartment
(d) The studio
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of architecture is the norm in California?
2. Where did Homer live before he moved to California?
3. What is the answer to #27 wearing in the picture?
4. What does Faye's new boyfriend bring to the apartment?
5. What does Homer recall in his memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tod's experience with Joan Schwartzen?
2. Who is Claude Estee?
3. How does Homer meet the woman that is a big part of his painful memories?
4. Describe Homer's house.
5. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
6. Who is Mrs. Jenning?
7. Describe the symbolism of the discarded film set debris that Tod sees as he walks to find Faye on the movie set.
8. Describe Homer's personality.
9. How does Tod prepare to speak to Faye one more time about working at Mrs. Jenning's?
10. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)