|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Homer do with his hands as he waits for his bath?
(a) Rubs them
(b) Puts lotion on them
(c) Stretches them
(d) Plunges them into cold water
2. Why does Homer leave the room?
(a) The woman reclines suggestively
(b) The woman falls asleep
(c) The woman pays him the overdue rent
(d) The woman screams at him
3. What does Homer eat for his dinner?
(a) Cheeseburger and fries
(b) Beef stew and cornbread
(c) Mushroom soup, crackers and sardines
(d) Steak and baked potato
4. What is the content of the note?
(a) A Chinese takeout menu
(b) An overdue rent notice
(c) An invitation to dinner
(d) A racing tip
5. What is Tod supposed to learn on this job?
(b) Public relations
(c) Staging and blocking
(d) Set and costume design
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joan's profession?
2. How does Tod treat Homer?
3. What is it about Claude's appearance that gives away his profession?
4. What does Mrs. Jenning call her customers?
5. Who is giving the party Tod leaves for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Tod learned in his relatively brief time in Hollywood?
2. What does Faye tell Tod about her new living arrangements?
3. How does Tod view the possibility of any relationship with Faye at this point?
4. How does Faye charm the men when the cock fight is over?
5. Why is the cock fight party at his house a turning point for Homer?
6. How does Harry make a living since his vaudeville career is over?
7. Why is Tod so energized to be in Hollywood?
8. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
9. How does Tod come to know Homer Simpson?
10. Explain how the cock fight in Homer's garage is a scene of foreshadowing.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)