|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Homer do with his hands as he waits for his bath?
(a) Rubs them
(b) Plunges them into cold water
(c) Puts lotion on them
(d) Stretches them
2. Who is Tod Hackett?
(a) A teacher
(b) A doctor
(c) An artist
(d) A waiter
3. Where is Claude waiting for Tod?
(a) On the porch
(b) At the bar
(c) In the kitchen
(d) In the den
4. What is Tod watching as the story begins?
(a) A Broadway play
(b) Cavalrymen and infantrymen
(c) Marines and sailors
(d) Cowboys and Indians
5. What is noticeable about Abe's physical presence?
(a) He is a giant
(b) He is grossly obese
(c) He is a dwarf
(d) He is crippled
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Homer hate this moment waiting for the bath?
2. What does Tod do after work?
3. What does Homer drop in the woman's lap?
4. What does Homer do when his loneliness overcomes him?
5. Who are the subjects for Tod's most recent painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first physical description the reader gets about Faye?
2. What does Faye tell Tod about her new living arrangements?
3. How does Mrs. Jenning run her sporting house?
4. Who is Earle Shoop?
5. How does Homer manage the intrusion of the Greeners into his life?
6. Describe the lonely life that Homer now has in California.
7. What metaphor does the author use for Tod's impression of getting close to Faye?
8. How does Homer meet Faye?
9. Explain how Tod gets in his own way when trying to make any progress with Faye.
10. How does Tod prepare to speak to Faye one more time about working at Mrs. Jenning's?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)