|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Homer's unselfishness make Faye want to do?
(a) Stab him
(b) Shoot him
(c) Strike him
(d) Ignore him
2. Where does Earle spend most of his time?
(a) A western goods shop
(b) Faye's apartment
(c) The movie studio
(d) The Santa Monica pier
3. What does Faye do on the day after Harry's funeral?
(a) Gives away Harry's clothes
(b) Moves out of the apartment
(c) Sells the silver polish inventory
(d) Sells Harry's car
4. Why does Faye take particular interest in Claude?
(a) He invites her to go to a party
(b) He reminds her of Harry
(c) He is tall, dark and handsome
(d) He works in the film industry
5. What does Tod think about Faye?
(a) She is compassionate
(b) She is brilliant
(c) She is an inspiration
(d) She is shallow and self-involved
6. What does Homer tell Tod about Faye?
(a) She went to work early
(b) She is at Mrs. Jenning's house
(c) She left with all her things
(d) She went to church
7. What does Faye do when Tod kisses her?
(a) Returns the kiss
(b) Slaps him
(c) Smiles and leaves
(d) Breaks away quickly
8. How does Harry punctuate his speech?
(b) Coughs and groans
(c) Clears his throat
(d) Short bursts of laughter
9. Why does Tod cringe when he sees Faye in her black dress and hat?
(a) He does not think she looks good in black
(b) There are tear stains on her collar
(c) He knows what she did to earn the money to pay for it
(d) Her dress is inappropriate for a funeral
10. Who is now living in Homer's garage?
(a) Earle and Mig
(b) Earle and Tod
(c) Claude and Abe
(d) Earle and Mary
11. Where is Faye?
(a) At the race track
(b) At the library
(c) At the mall
(d) At the movies
12. What does Tod notice about Faye's room?
(a) It is locked
(b) It is a shambles
(c) It is dark
(d) It is empty
13. What does Tod decide he must do?
(a) Paint Faye's portrait
(b) Put Faye out of his mind
(c) Find Faye's movie set and talk to her
(d) Send Faye a letter
14. Who is Mrs. Johnson?
(a) The janitress
(b) Harry's sister
(c) The undertaker's wife
(d) The owner of the flower shop
15. What does Tod do on the day of Harry's funeral?
(a) Gets intentionally drunk
(b) Sends flowers
(c) Goes to the beach
(d) Gives the eulogy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Faye's answer when Tod asks her to sleep with him?
2. What has Faye decided to do with her life now?
3. Who did Faye go with?
4. Where do Tod, Faye and Homer go after dinner?
5. What movie does Tod assume Faye is working in?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)