|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being held at Homer's garage?
(a) A garage sale
(b) A dance
(c) A cock fight
(d) A block party
2. What is Faye doing when Tod goes to the apartment?
(a) Drinking coffee
(b) Crying into a bath towel
(c) Sobbing in her pillow
(d) Talking on the phone
3. In what condition does Tod find Homer?
(a) Lying flat on his back watching TV
(b) Sitting in the dark in his night clothes
(c) Curled up asleep on the couch
(d) Sitting naked in a tub of cold water
4. Why does Tod visit the Greeners almost every night?
(a) His apartment is being painted
(b) Harry is ill
(c) He is bored
(d) Faye cooks supper
5. What is Faye wearing?
(a) A cocktail dress
(b) A ballgown
(c) A ratty negligee
(d) A crop top and capris
6. What does Tod decide about Harry?
(a) He suffers just as much as anyone else
(b) He is always faking
(c) He is violently ill
(d) He must act even in his sleep
7. What is Faye's answer when Tod asks her to sleep with him?
(a) She doesn't say anything but slaps him
(b) That's all she can think about
(c) She can't because she does not love him
(d) She will think about it
8. Why does Faye cut Tod off?
(a) She is tired
(b) She is bored
(c) She is going out
(d) She has to go to work
9. In addition to Homer and Tod, who is another of Faye's suitors?
(a) Claude Estee
(b) Cecil B. DeMille
(c) Earle Shoop
(d) Abe Kucich
10. What happens to the relationship between Faye and Homer?
(a) She stabs him
(b) They get married
(c) He shoots her
(d) It goes sour
11. What do the men do after the rooster is killed?
(a) Go to Mrs. Jenning's house
(b) Drink whiskey
(c) Go home
(d) Buy another rooster
12. Why does Faye take particular interest in Claude?
(a) He invites her to go to a party
(b) He is tall, dark and handsome
(c) He works in the film industry
(d) He reminds her of Harry
13. How much does Claude pay for an old red rooster?
14. What does Tod think about Harry's mannerisms?
(a) He cannot help how he behaves
(b) He is unaware of what he is doing
(c) He is trying to get Tod to feel sorry for him
(d) They must have developed on the stage
15. Why does Tod cringe when he sees Faye in her black dress and hat?
(a) Her dress is inappropriate for a funeral
(b) He does not think she looks good in black
(c) He knows what she did to earn the money to pay for it
(d) There are tear stains on her collar
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Earle pay for dinner?
2. What does Harry tell Tod one night when Tod stops in to see the Greeners?
3. What do Tod and Faye do while Harry sleeps?
4. Who is Faye dancing with when Tod goes back into the house?
5. What does Faye do with a champagne cocktail?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)