|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faye do on the day after Harry's funeral?
(a) Moves out of the apartment
(b) Sells the silver polish inventory
(c) Gives away Harry's clothes
(d) Sells Harry's car
2. How does Harry punctuate his speech?
(a) Coughs and groans
(b) Clears his throat
(d) Short bursts of laughter
3. Who is Mrs. Johnson?
(a) Harry's sister
(b) The undertaker's wife
(c) The owner of the flower shop
(d) The janitress
4. Who invites Tod to dinner the next night?
5. What does Tod think about all the movie sets he sees?
(a) He is tired of how fake everything is in Hollywood
(b) He wants to become an actor
(c) He cannot wait until he can design sets like these
(d) They would make great portrait backgrounds
6. What does Homer tell Tod about Faye?
(a) She went to church
(b) She left with all her things
(c) She went to work early
(d) She is at Mrs. Jenning's house
7. What does Tod wonder about stage people?
(a) If they are sad
(b) If they suffer less than others
(c) If they ever stop performing
(d) If they are happy
8. Where is Faye?
(a) At the movies
(b) At the mall
(c) At the race track
(d) At the library
9. What do Tod and Faye do while Harry sleeps?
(a) Listen to the radio
(b) Read together
(c) Play board games
(d) Talk in her room
10. How much does Claude pay for an old red rooster?
11. Who is now living in Homer's garage?
(a) Earle and Mig
(b) Claude and Abe
(c) Earle and Tod
(d) Earle and Mary
12. Why does Faye cut Tod off?
(a) She is going out
(b) She is tired
(c) She is bored
(d) She has to go to work
13. In what condition does Tod find Homer?
(a) Sitting in the dark in his night clothes
(b) Lying flat on his back watching TV
(c) Sitting naked in a tub of cold water
(d) Curled up asleep on the couch
14. Where does Earle spend most of his time?
(a) The movie studio
(b) A western goods shop
(c) Faye's apartment
(d) The Santa Monica pier
15. Who is Faye dancing with when Tod goes back into the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tod cringe when he sees Faye in her black dress and hat?
2. What happens when Faye returns?
3. What does Tod do on the day of Harry's funeral?
4. Where do Tod, Faye and Homer go after dinner?
5. What happens to the relationship between Faye and Homer?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)