|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the living arrangement at Homer's now?
(a) Homer has married a girl from his hometown
(b) Homer and Tod are rooming together
(c) Homer takes care of the household and Faye rests and shops
(d) Homer is renting his spare bedroom to an acting student
2. What does Homer's unselfishness make Faye want to do?
(a) Stab him
(b) Ignore him
(c) Shoot him
(d) Strike him
3. Who is waiting for Tod when he returns to his office?
4. How does Harry punctuate his speech?
(a) Short bursts of laughter
(b) Coughs and groans
(d) Clears his throat
5. What happens when Faye returns?
(a) Harry has called for takeout
(b) Tod has cooked dinner
(c) Harry has moved out
(d) Tod is still there
6. What happens when Abe tries to dance with Faye?
(a) Faye just laughs at him
(b) Faye throws her drink on him
(c) Earle knocks him unconscious
(d) He gives up and goes home
7. What is revealed at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Tod is dead
(b) Harry is dead
(c) Homer is dead
(d) Faye is dead
8. Where do Tod, Faye and Homer go after dinner?
(a) A movie
(b) A bar
(c) The bowling alley
(d) A ballgame
9. In addition to Homer and Tod, who is another of Faye's suitors?
(a) Earle Shoop
(b) Abe Kucich
(c) Cecil B. DeMille
(d) Claude Estee
10. Where is Faye?
(a) At the movies
(b) At the mall
(c) At the library
(d) At the race track
11. What does Harry tell Tod one night when Tod stops in to see the Greeners?
(a) Faye has gone out
(b) Faye is sick in bed
(c) Faye is asleep
(d) Faye is at work
12. What does Tod want to do but Faye cuts him off?
(a) Go for a walk
(b) Go bowling
(c) Go to dinner
(d) Talk some more
13. What has Faye decided to do with her life now?
(a) Start a vaudeville act
(b) Go to college
(c) Sell silver polish
(d) Work in Mrs. Jenning's brothel
14. What do the men do after the rooster is killed?
(a) Drink whiskey
(b) Buy another rooster
(c) Go home
(d) Go to Mrs. Jenning's house
15. Why does Faye take particular interest in Claude?
(a) He works in the film industry
(b) He reminds her of Harry
(c) He invites her to go to a party
(d) He is tall, dark and handsome
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Homer feels about the situation in his house?
2. What does Tod think when he sees Harry in his coffin?
3. What is Faye doing when Tod goes to the apartment?
4. What is Faye's answer when Tod asks her to sleep with him?
5. Where does Earle come from?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)