|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harry punctuate his speech?
(a) Short bursts of laughter
(c) Coughs and groans
(d) Clears his throat
2. What does Tod think about Faye?
(a) She is brilliant
(b) She is shallow and self-involved
(c) She is an inspiration
(d) She is compassionate
3. What does Faye do on the day after Harry's funeral?
(a) Sells Harry's car
(b) Sells the silver polish inventory
(c) Moves out of the apartment
(d) Gives away Harry's clothes
4. What is revealed at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Homer is dead
(b) Faye is dead
(c) Tod is dead
(d) Harry is dead
5. Where does Tod go the next morning in spite of a huge hangover?
(a) Mrs. Jenning's house
(b) Claude's house
(c) Homer's house
(d) The studio
6. Where does Earle come from?
(a) New Mexico
7. What does Tod wonder about stage people?
(a) If they ever stop performing
(b) If they are happy
(c) If they suffer less than others
(d) If they are sad
8. Who invites Tod to dinner the next night?
9. What is the living arrangement at Homer's now?
(a) Homer and Tod are rooming together
(b) Homer is renting his spare bedroom to an acting student
(c) Homer takes care of the household and Faye rests and shops
(d) Homer has married a girl from his hometown
10. What does Tod decide about Harry?
(a) He must act even in his sleep
(b) He is always faking
(c) He is violently ill
(d) He suffers just as much as anyone else
11. Where do Tod, Faye and Homer go after dinner?
(a) A ballgame
(b) A bar
(c) The bowling alley
(d) A movie
12. What does Homer's unselfishness make Faye want to do?
(a) Ignore him
(b) Stab him
(c) Strike him
(d) Shoot him
13. Who is waiting for Tod when he returns to his office?
14. What does Tod think about Harry's mannerisms?
(a) He is trying to get Tod to feel sorry for him
(b) He cannot help how he behaves
(c) He is unaware of what he is doing
(d) They must have developed on the stage
15. What has Faye decided to do with her life now?
(a) Work in Mrs. Jenning's brothel
(b) Go to college
(c) Start a vaudeville act
(d) Sell silver polish
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the San Bernardino Arms?
2. How often does Earle pay for dinner?
3. Why does Faye take particular interest in Claude?
4. What does Homer tell Tod about Faye?
5. Where does Earle spend most of his time?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)