|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tod go the next morning in spite of a huge hangover?
(a) The studio
(b) Homer's house
(c) Mrs. Jenning's house
(d) Claude's house
2. What happens when Abe tries to dance with Faye?
(a) Faye just laughs at him
(b) Earle knocks him unconscious
(c) He gives up and goes home
(d) Faye throws her drink on him
3. What is Faye's answer when Tod asks her to sleep with him?
(a) That's all she can think about
(b) She will think about it
(c) She doesn't say anything but slaps him
(d) She can't because she does not love him
4. What do Tod and Faye do while Harry sleeps?
(a) Listen to the radio
(b) Play board games
(c) Talk in her room
(d) Read together
5. Where do Faye and Homer take Tod one night?
(a) A ballgame
(c) The movies
(d) A club
6. What does Faye do on the day after Harry's funeral?
(a) Sells the silver polish inventory
(b) Sells Harry's car
(c) Gives away Harry's clothes
(d) Moves out of the apartment
7. Why does Tod cringe when he sees Faye in her black dress and hat?
(a) There are tear stains on her collar
(b) He knows what she did to earn the money to pay for it
(c) Her dress is inappropriate for a funeral
(d) He does not think she looks good in black
8. What can Tod see about Harry?
(a) He is very ill
(b) He has a new car
(c) He is very tired
(d) He has a new shirt
9. What does Faye do when Tod kisses her?
(a) Smiles and leaves
(b) Breaks away quickly
(c) Slaps him
(d) Returns the kiss
10. What does Tod decide about Harry?
(a) He must act even in his sleep
(b) He is violently ill
(c) He suffers just as much as anyone else
(d) He is always faking
11. How does Homer feels about the situation in his house?
(a) It will wear itself out soon
(b) It is intolerable
(c) It is a great party
(d) It is just what he wanted
12. What does Tod do on the day of Harry's funeral?
(a) Goes to the beach
(b) Sends flowers
(c) Gets intentionally drunk
(d) Gives the eulogy
13. What happens at the San Bernardino Arms?
(a) The police arrive
(b) A crowd has gathered
(c) An ambulance pulls up
(d) There is a burglary
14. Who is Mrs. Johnson?
(a) The undertaker's wife
(b) The owner of the flower shop
(c) Harry's sister
(d) The janitress
15. What is Earle Shoop's profession?
(a) Stunt Man
(b) Rodeo Cowboy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is now living in Homer's garage?
2. What does Tod decide he must do?
3. In addition to Homer and Tod, who is another of Faye's suitors?
4. What does Tod think when he sees Faye?
5. What does Tod want to do but Faye cuts him off?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)