|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faye cut Tod off?
(a) She has to go to work
(b) She is tired
(c) She is bored
(d) She is going out
2. Who invites Tod to dinner the next night?
3. What can Tod see about Harry?
(a) He is very ill
(b) He is very tired
(c) He has a new car
(d) He has a new shirt
4. What does Tod think when he sees Faye?
(a) She is about to faint from grief
(b) She is drained from mourning
(c) She has never looked more beautiful
(d) She should marry him
5. What does Tod decide about Harry?
(a) He suffers just as much as anyone else
(b) He is always faking
(c) He must act even in his sleep
(d) He is violently ill
6. What does Faye do with a champagne cocktail?
(a) Tries to force Homer to drink it
(b) Drinks it in one gulp
(c) Pours it on the floor
(d) Puts strawberries in it
7. What does Tod think about Harry's mannerisms?
(a) He is trying to get Tod to feel sorry for him
(b) He is unaware of what he is doing
(c) He cannot help how he behaves
(d) They must have developed on the stage
8. What does Tod think when he sees Harry in his coffin?
(a) Harry was too young to die
(b) Harry had lost a lot of weight
(c) Harry cannot believe the orange suit Harry is wearing
(d) Harry looks like he belongs in a minstrel show
9. What does Tod do on the day of Harry's funeral?
(a) Sends flowers
(b) Gets intentionally drunk
(c) Gives the eulogy
(d) Goes to the beach
10. What does Tod think about all the movie sets he sees?
(a) He wants to become an actor
(b) They would make great portrait backgrounds
(c) He is tired of how fake everything is in Hollywood
(d) He cannot wait until he can design sets like these
11. What happens when Faye returns?
(a) Harry has moved out
(b) Tod is still there
(c) Tod has cooked dinner
(d) Harry has called for takeout
12. Who is waiting for Tod when he returns to his office?
13. What does Faye do when Tod kisses her?
(a) Slaps him
(b) Smiles and leaves
(c) Returns the kiss
(d) Breaks away quickly
14. What does Homer's unselfishness make Faye want to do?
(a) Strike him
(b) Shoot him
(c) Ignore him
(d) Stab him
15. What happens when Abe tries to dance with Faye?
(a) Faye throws her drink on him
(b) Earle knocks him unconscious
(c) Faye just laughs at him
(d) He gives up and goes home
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Faye decided to do with her life now?
2. Who is Faye glad to see come into the apartment?
3. Where does Earle take Faye and Tod?
4. What is revealed at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. Where is Faye?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)