|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tod think when he sees Faye?
(a) She is about to faint from grief
(b) She should marry him
(c) She has never looked more beautiful
(d) She is drained from mourning
2. What can Tod see about Harry?
(a) He has a new shirt
(b) He is very tired
(c) He has a new car
(d) He is very ill
3. Where do Faye and Homer take Tod one night?
(a) A ballgame
(b) A club
(c) The movies
4. What is Earle Shoop's profession?
(a) Stunt Man
(d) Rodeo Cowboy
5. What does Tod think when he sees Harry in his coffin?
(a) Harry had lost a lot of weight
(b) Harry looks like he belongs in a minstrel show
(c) Harry cannot believe the orange suit Harry is wearing
(d) Harry was too young to die
6. What does Harry tell Tod one night when Tod stops in to see the Greeners?
(a) Faye is sick in bed
(b) Faye is at work
(c) Faye is asleep
(d) Faye has gone out
7. What does Homer's unselfishness make Faye want to do?
(a) Strike him
(b) Ignore him
(c) Shoot him
(d) Stab him
8. What does Tod want to do but Faye cuts him off?
(a) Go for a walk
(b) Talk some more
(c) Go to dinner
(d) Go bowling
9. What is being held at Homer's garage?
(a) A block party
(b) A garage sale
(c) A dance
(d) A cock fight
10. Why does Faye cut Tod off?
(a) She is tired
(b) She has to go to work
(c) She is going out
(d) She is bored
11. Where does Tod go the next morning in spite of a huge hangover?
(a) Mrs. Jenning's house
(b) The studio
(c) Claude's house
(d) Homer's house
12. Why does Tod cringe when he sees Faye in her black dress and hat?
(a) He does not think she looks good in black
(b) Her dress is inappropriate for a funeral
(c) There are tear stains on her collar
(d) He knows what she did to earn the money to pay for it
13. What does Tod wonder about stage people?
(a) If they are happy
(b) If they suffer less than others
(c) If they ever stop performing
(d) If they are sad
14. What does Homer tell Tod about Faye?
(a) She left with all her things
(b) She is at Mrs. Jenning's house
(c) She went to church
(d) She went to work early
15. What does Tod decide he must do?
(a) Paint Faye's portrait
(b) Put Faye out of his mind
(c) Find Faye's movie set and talk to her
(d) Send Faye a letter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tod do on the day of Harry's funeral?
2. What does Tod decide to do?
3. How does Homer feels about the situation in his house?
4. What do Tod and Faye do while Harry sleeps?
5. What does Tod think about Faye?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)