|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the chimney?
(a) It is make of fake rocks
(b) It wraps around the house
(c) It is much taller than necessary
(d) It is crooked
2. What happens to Harry during his sales pitch?
(a) He faints
(b) He forgets the words
(c) He begins to sweat profusely
(d) He has chest pains and gasps for air
3. Why did Tod get hired?
(a) His father owns the studio
(b) He didn't ask for much money
(c) Good drawings done at school
(d) He knew the boss
4. What is the name of the building where Tod lives/
(a) Bernardino Estates
(b) San Juan Arms
(c) San Bernardino Arms
(d) The Regency
5. What is especially unusual about the two bedrooms?
(a) They have no windows
(b) They are exactly alike
(c) The walls are carpeted
(d) They are painted red
6. Who is Tod Hackett?
(a) A doctor
(b) A waiter
(c) A teacher
(d) An artist
7. What type of architecture is the norm in California?
8. Why does Homer buy a cottage?
(a) He was tired and the real estate agent was a bully
(b) He really liked the architecture
(c) He didn't need much space
(d) It was the right location
9. What career did Mrs. Jenning take on?
(a) She opened a sporting house
(b) She became a teacher
(c) She became a nurse
(d) She opened a dress shop
10. Which artists is Tod interested in now?
(a) Renoir and Gauguin
(b) Pollock and Picasso
(c) Monet and Manet
(d) Goya and Daumier
11. Who does Tod like to see in the building?
(a) Alison Greenson
(b) Amanda Greenway
(c) Elsa Peretti
(d) Faye Greener
12. What does Tod learn about Faye that he is relieved to know?
(a) She has asked him to dinner at her apartment
(b) She is not one of Mrs. Jenning's girls
(c) She has broken up with her boyfriend
(d) She is getting out of the movie business
13. Whose party is Tod going to tonight?
(a) Abe Kusich
(b) Amanda Greenway
(c) Faye Greener
(d) Claude Estee
14. What is Mrs. Jenning's fee?
(a) $30 for a night
(b) $20 for a night
(c) $5 cover charge
(d) $10 cover charge
15. What does Homer drop in the woman's lap?
(a) A coat
(b) His wallet
(c) A towel
(d) A scarf
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tod want to do with the people he meets?
2. Where does Homer take his walks?
3. What was Harry's former profession?
4. What task does Homer recall about working at the hotel?
5. How does Harry Greener meet Homer?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)