|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the chimney?
(a) It wraps around the house
(b) It is make of fake rocks
(c) It is much taller than necessary
(d) It is crooked
2. What was Mrs. Jenning's former profession?
(a) A waitress
(b) A silent film star
(c) A nurse
(d) A cook
3. What does Tod think when he sees Mary Dove?
(a) That Mary is not as pretty as Faye
(b) That Mary is even prettier than Faye
(c) That he has to talk to Faye tomorrow
(d) That maybe Faye works at Mrs. Jenning's
4. Where does Tod live?
(a) A townhouse
(b) A room in a three-story house
(c) An inn
(d) A hotel
5. What does Tod think of Joan?
(a) She is gorgeous
(b) She is someone he would like to see again
(c) She is the smartest woman he has ever met
(d) She is too bawdy for his taste
6. Who does Tod like to see in the building?
(a) Elsa Peretti
(b) Faye Greener
(c) Amanda Greenway
(d) Alison Greenson
7. Where did Homer live before he moved to California?
(a) Waynesville, Ohio
(b) Waukesha, Wisconsin
(c) Waynesville, Iowa
(d) Portland, Indiana
8. Why does Faye tell Tod she cannot love him?
(a) He is too old for her
(b) He is neither good-looking nor wealthy
(c) He is not old enough for her
(d) He is from the East
9. What type of house does Claude Estee have?
(a) Tudor house
(b) Ranch house
(c) Southern Colonial
10. Who is giving the party Tod leaves for?
(a) Claude Estee
(b) Abe Kusich
(c) Amanda Greenway
(d) Faye Greener
11. What does Claude look like his profession should be?
(a) A salesman
(b) A body builder
(c) A postal clerk
(d) A teacher
12. Why did Tod get hired?
(a) He knew the boss
(b) He didn't ask for much money
(c) His father owns the studio
(d) Good drawings done at school
13. What does Homer do for Harry and Faye?
(a) Buys them a new car
(b) Fixes lunch for them
(c) Takes them out to dinner
(d) Loans them some money
14. What is the content of the note?
(a) An invitation to dinner
(b) A racing tip
(c) An overdue rent notice
(d) A Chinese takeout menu
15. What does Faye tell Homer?
(a) She is still hungry
(b) She thinks he is cute
(c) Her life story
(d) Her plans to be a movie star
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did Homer get?
2. Who is Faye's new boyfriend?
3. What does Homer drop in the woman's lap?
4. What does Homer recall in his memory?
5. Whose picture is tucked into the frame of Tod's mirror?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)