|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Homer leave the room?
(a) The woman pays him the overdue rent
(b) The woman screams at him
(c) The woman reclines suggestively
(d) The woman falls asleep
2. How does Harry supplement his income?
(a) Selling door-to-door
(b) Doing kids' parties
(d) Delivering newspapers
3. What does Homer have to do to control his hands when excited?
(a) Put them behind his back
(b) Sit on them
(c) Wear gloves
(d) Put them under a table
4. Whose picture is tucked into the frame of Tod's mirror?
(a) His best friend's
(b) His mother's
(d) His sister's
5. What does Homer do when his loneliness overcomes him?
(a) Goes to a movie
(c) Watches TV
(d) Writes letters
6. What does Faye tell Homer?
(a) Her plans to be a movie star
(b) She is still hungry
(c) She thinks he is cute
(d) Her life story
7. Where did Homer work before he came to California?
(a) A hotel
(b) A factory
(c) A power plant
(d) A school
8. What does Tod see when he enters his room?
(a) The TV is on
(b) Dirty clothes all over the place
(c) Last night's dirty dishes
(d) A note under the door
9. What career did Mrs. Jenning take on?
(a) She opened a dress shop
(b) She became a teacher
(c) She opened a sporting house
(d) She became a nurse
10. Why does Homer hate this moment waiting for the bath?
(a) His skin is too sensitive
(b) He will start to remember
(c) There is never enough hot water
(d) He is afraid of water
11. Why does Faye tell Tod she cannot love him?
(a) He is from the East
(b) He is too old for her
(c) He is not old enough for her
(d) He is neither good-looking nor wealthy
12. What does Tod learn about Faye that he is relieved to know?
(a) She has asked him to dinner at her apartment
(b) She has broken up with her boyfriend
(c) She is getting out of the movie business
(d) She is not one of Mrs. Jenning's girls
13. Where does Claude want to take Tod after the party?
(a) A strip club
(b) A sporting house
(c) Another party
(d) A movie
14. How are the bedrooms decorated?
(a) Texas style
(b) Florida style
(c) New England style
(d) Shabby chic style
15. Where does Tod spend time with the answer to #62?
(a) The studio
(b) Mrs. Jenning's house
(c) Faye's apartment
(d) The race track
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Jenning's fee?
2. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
3. What is a sporting house?
4. What is Joan's profession?
5. Whose accent and mannerisms does Tod mimic?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)