|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claude look like his profession should be?
(a) A body builder
(b) A postal clerk
(c) A salesman
(d) A teacher
2. What is Tod watching as the story begins?
(a) Cavalrymen and infantrymen
(b) A Broadway play
(c) Cowboys and Indians
(d) Marines and sailors
3. What do Claude and Tod see in the room?
(a) Several games of poker in progress
(b) Many video gaming stations
(c) Several men in smoking jackets, sipping brandy
(d) A French film
4. Where did Homer live before he moved to California?
(a) Waynesville, Ohio
(b) Portland, Indiana
(c) Waukesha, Wisconsin
(d) Waynesville, Iowa
5. What type of architecture is the norm in California?
6. What does Homer see in the woman's hotel room?
(a) The woman is having a party with friends
(b) She is dressed in a man's robe and sobbing
(c) The room is deserted
(d) The woman is dead in her bed
7. What is Claude's profession?
(d) Postal worker
8. Where does Mrs. Jenning take Claude and Tod?
(a) A video room
(b) A poker room
(c) A screening room
(d) A smoking room
9. What does Joan show Tod in the Estees' backyard?
(a) New landscaping
(b) A plastic life-size replica of a dead horse on its back
(c) A new swimming pool
(d) A huge hot tub
10. What good quality does Faye tell Tod he has?
(a) He is good-hearted
(b) He is generous
(c) He is smart
(d) He is compassionate
11. Whose accent and mannerisms does Tod mimic?
(a) A Civil War colonel
(b) A British commander
(c) A hillbilly
(d) A New England fisherman
12. What is a sporting house?
(a) A cock fight arena
(b) A gambling den
(c) A poker house
(d) A brothel
13. What does Tod learn about Faye that he is relieved to know?
(a) She has broken up with her boyfriend
(b) She is getting out of the movie business
(c) She is not one of Mrs. Jenning's girls
(d) She has asked him to dinner at her apartment
14. What is unusual about Faye's boyfriend's behavior?
(a) He wears orange clothes all the time
(b) He phones but won't say anything
(c) He never takes off his hat
(d) He won't come into their apartment
15. How long doe Homer sleep?
(a) All night
(b) A half hour
(c) Three hours
(d) Two hours
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose picture is tucked into the frame of Tod's mirror?
2. What is Tod's view of the world?
3. What does Homer do with his hands as he waits for his bath?
4. Where does Claude take Tod after the party?
5. What is the content of the note?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)