|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tod live?
(a) A hotel
(b) A room in a three-story house
(c) An inn
(d) A townhouse
2. What does Tod think his chances are for getting close to Faye?
(a) Pretty good chance
(c) No chance at all
3. What does Homer do when his loneliness overcomes him?
(b) Watches TV
(c) Goes to a movie
(d) Writes letters
4. What happens to Harry during his sales pitch?
(a) He begins to sweat profusely
(b) He forgets the words
(c) He faints
(d) He has chest pains and gasps for air
5. Which artists is Tod interested in now?
(a) Renoir and Gauguin
(b) Goya and Daumier
(c) Monet and Manet
(d) Pollock and Picasso
6. What color is the building?
(a) diluted mustard
(b) buff beig
(c) off white
(d) flamingo pink
7. What does Homer eat for his dinner?
(a) Mushroom soup, crackers and sardines
(b) Cheeseburger and fries
(c) Steak and baked potato
(d) Beef stew and cornbread
8. What do Claude and Tod see in the room?
(a) Several games of poker in progress
(b) A French film
(c) Several men in smoking jackets, sipping brandy
(d) Many video gaming stations
9. Why does Homer buy a cottage?
(a) He really liked the architecture
(b) It was the right location
(c) He didn't need much space
(d) He was tired and the real estate agent was a bully
10. What is the only way Homer can stop thinking about Faye?
(a) Move back home
(b) Date a new woman
(d) Get drunk
11. In what room does the answer to #17 live?
12. How long has Tod been in Hollywood?
(a) Not quite three years
(b) Not quite three days
(c) Not quite three weeks
(d) Not quite three months
13. Where does Claude want to take Tod after the party?
(a) A sporting house
(b) Another party
(c) A strip club
(d) A movie
14. Whose accent and mannerisms does Tod mimic?
(a) A hillbilly
(b) A New England fisherman
(c) A Civil War colonel
(d) A British commander
15. What does Claude offer Tod?
(a) A drink
(b) A canape
(c) A place to live
(d) A job
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan show Tod in the Estees' backyard?
2. What does Homer see in the woman's hotel room?
3. How does Harry supplement his income?
4. What does Tod see when he enters his room?
5. What does Tod not like in the landscape he sees on his way home?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)