|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Jenning's change professions?
(a) She got a different degree
(b) Her legs hurt all the time
(c) Her voice did not work well for talking pictures
(d) She got married
2. Where is Tod viewing this scene?
(a) A school play
(b) A museum
(c) A Broadway stage
(d) A Hollywood sound stage
3. Who is Tod Hackett?
(a) A doctor
(b) An artist
(c) A waiter
(d) A teacher
4. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
(a) The Estees' neighbor
(b) A friend of Mrs. Estee's
(c) Claude's sister
(d) Claude's mistress
5. What color is the building?
(a) off white
(b) buff beig
(c) diluted mustard
(d) flamingo pink
6. What does Homer do for Harry and Faye?
(a) Takes them out to dinner
(b) Loans them some money
(c) Fixes lunch for them
(d) Buys them a new car
7. What is Tod watching as the story begins?
(a) Cowboys and Indians
(b) Marines and sailors
(c) A Broadway play
(d) Cavalrymen and infantrymen
8. What does Homer have to do to control his hands when excited?
(a) Put them under a table
(b) Put them behind his back
(c) Wear gloves
(d) Sit on them
9. Who is Faye's new boyfriend?
(a) Homer Simpson
(b) Abe Kusich
(c) Harry Greener
(d) Claude Estee
10. What is the answer to #27 wearing in the picture?
(a) A wedding dress
(b) A suit
(c) A football shirt
(d) A harem costume
11. What does Tod think of Joan?
(a) She is too bawdy for his taste
(b) She is someone he would like to see again
(c) She is gorgeous
(d) She is the smartest woman he has ever met
12. What does Harry make in his bathroom?
(c) Aromatherapy products
(d) Silver polish
13. What is unusual about the chimney?
(a) It wraps around the house
(b) It is much taller than necessary
(c) It is crooked
(d) It is make of fake rocks
14. What does Tod think about Faye's physical presence?
15. Why does Homer buy a cottage?
(a) He was tired and the real estate agent was a bully
(b) He didn't need much space
(c) He really liked the architecture
(d) It was the right location
Short Answer Questions
1. What task does Homer recall about working at the hotel?
2. What is Claude's profession?
3. What disease did Homer get?
4. What is Homer's personality?
5. What does Homer drop in the woman's lap?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)