|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the days after Harry and Faye meet Homer?
(a) Homer cannot stop thinking about Faye
(b) Homer moves back east
(c) Homer loses his money while gambling
(d) Homer finds a job
2. What does Homer see in the woman's hotel room?
(a) The woman is dead in her bed
(b) She is dressed in a man's robe and sobbing
(c) The woman is having a party with friends
(d) The room is deserted
3. How are the main sections of the house decorated?
(b) Early American
(c) English cottage
(d) Spanish furniture
4. What disease did Homer get?
5. What does Homer do with his hands as he waits for his bath?
(a) Stretches them
(b) Puts lotion on them
(c) Rubs them
(d) Plunges them into cold water
6. Whose accent and mannerisms does Tod mimic?
(a) A Civil War colonel
(b) A British commander
(c) A hillbilly
(d) A New England fisherman
7. How does Harry supplement his income?
(b) Doing kids' parties
(c) Delivering newspapers
(d) Selling door-to-door
8. What is Homer's personality?
9. What do Claude and Tod see in the room?
(a) Several men in smoking jackets, sipping brandy
(b) Many video gaming stations
(c) Several games of poker in progress
(d) A French film
10. What does Tod think of Joan?
(a) She is someone he would like to see again
(b) She is gorgeous
(c) She is the smartest woman he has ever met
(d) She is too bawdy for his taste
11. Who does Tod begin to keep company with?
(a) Faye's father
(b) Claude Estee
(c) Abe Kusich
(d) Mrs. Jenning
12. Why did Homer move to California?
(a) Doctor's suggestion
(b) Buy a winery
(c) A new job
(d) Pursue an acting career
13. What is the content of the note?
(a) An overdue rent notice
(b) An invitation to dinner
(c) A Chinese takeout menu
(d) A racing tip
14. What does Tod want to do with the people he meets?
(a) Paint them
(b) Take them to dinner
(c) Interview them
(d) Make friends
15. What type of architecture is the norm in California?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of house does Claude Estee have?
2. Where does Homer take his walks?
3. What does Harry want Homer to do?
4. What does Tod do after work?
5. What does Claude offer Tod?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)