|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the main sections of the house decorated?
(b) Spanish furniture
(c) Early American
(d) English cottage
2. What does Homer eat for his dinner?
(a) Mushroom soup, crackers and sardines
(b) Steak and baked potato
(c) Cheeseburger and fries
(d) Beef stew and cornbread
3. What is unusual about the chimney?
(a) It is make of fake rocks
(b) It is crooked
(c) It wraps around the house
(d) It is much taller than necessary
4. Who is the note from?
(a) Abe Kusich
(b) Faye Greener
(c) Alicia Greenway
(d) Elsa Peretti
5. What is Homer's fear when he takes a nap?
(a) He will snore too loud
(b) He might not wake up
(c) He will have a recurring dream
(d) He will have nightmares
6. Where is Tod viewing this scene?
(a) A school play
(b) A Hollywood sound stage
(c) A museum
(d) A Broadway stage
7. Why does Homer buy a cottage?
(a) He really liked the architecture
(b) He was tired and the real estate agent was a bully
(c) It was the right location
(d) He didn't need much space
8. Where does Claude want to take Tod after the party?
(a) Another party
(b) A movie
(c) A strip club
(d) A sporting house
9. What does Homer drop in the woman's lap?
(a) A scarf
(b) A coat
(c) A towel
(d) His wallet
10. How does Harry Greener meet Homer?
(a) They meet at the dog track
(b) They go to the same church
(c) He comes to his house to sell silver polish
(d) They talk at a coffee shop
11. Where does Claude take Tod after the party?
(a) Audrey Jenning's house
(b) A poker game
(c) A cock fight
(d) The movie studio
12. What is the name of the building where Tod lives/
(a) Bernardino Estates
(b) San Juan Arms
(c) San Bernardino Arms
(d) The Regency
13. Where does Homer take his walks?
(a) Past Faye and Harry's apartment
(b) To the library
(c) To the park
(d) To the pet shop
14. What is Tod watching as the story begins?
(a) Marines and sailors
(b) Cowboys and Indians
(c) A Broadway play
(d) Cavalrymen and infantrymen
15. Why does Homer leave the room?
(a) The woman falls asleep
(b) The woman reclines suggestively
(c) The woman screams at him
(d) The woman pays him the overdue rent
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claude's profession?
2. Where does Homer spend most of his time?
3. What task does Homer recall about working at the hotel?
4. Who is Faye's new boyfriend?
5. What is Tod's view of the world?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)