|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of house does Claude Estee have?
(a) Ranch house
(b) Tudor house
(c) Southern Colonial
2. What does Harry want Homer to do?
(a) Get Faye who is waiting in the car
(b) Call an ambulance
(c) Open a window
(d) Get him a glass of water
3. Why does Homer hate this moment waiting for the bath?
(a) His skin is too sensitive
(b) He will start to remember
(c) There is never enough hot water
(d) He is afraid of water
4. What is Tod supposed to learn on this job?
(a) Set and costume design
(b) Public relations
(c) Staging and blocking
5. Where does Claude take Tod after the party?
(a) The movie studio
(b) Audrey Jenning's house
(c) A cock fight
(d) A poker game
6. How are the main sections of the house decorated?
(a) Early American
(b) English cottage
(c) Spanish furniture
7. What does Tod not like in the landscape he sees on his way home?
(a) The scruffy landscaping
(b) The dirty kids
(c) The ugly houses
(d) The broken down cars
8. Whose picture is tucked into the frame of Tod's mirror?
(a) His best friend's
(b) His sister's
(d) His mother's
9. Who is Joan Schwartzen?
(a) The Estees' neighbor
(b) Claude's sister
(c) Claude's mistress
(d) A friend of Mrs. Estee's
10. What does Homer see in the woman's hotel room?
(a) She is dressed in a man's robe and sobbing
(b) The room is deserted
(c) The woman is having a party with friends
(d) The woman is dead in her bed
11. Whose party is Tod going to tonight?
(a) Faye Greener
(b) Amanda Greenway
(c) Claude Estee
(d) Abe Kusich
12. Where is Tod viewing this scene?
(a) A Hollywood sound stage
(b) A school play
(c) A Broadway stage
(d) A museum
13. Why does Homer leave the room?
(a) The woman screams at him
(b) The woman falls asleep
(c) The woman pays him the overdue rent
(d) The woman reclines suggestively
14. What does Claude offer Tod?
(a) A canape
(b) A job
(c) A drink
(d) A place to live
15. Whose accent and mannerisms does Tod mimic?
(a) A British commander
(b) A hillbilly
(c) A Civil War colonel
(d) A New England fisherman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tod see when he enters his room?
2. What does Tod think his chances are for getting close to Faye?
3. How long has Tod been in Hollywood?
4. What is especially unusual about the two bedrooms?
5. What does Tod think Abe is when he first sees him?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)