Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author begin the story with interest so that the setting and time period are different from what is originally thought?
2. Why has Tod come to Hollywood?
3. What is Tod's opinion of why people come to California?
4. Why is Tod so energized to be in Hollywood?
5. Describe Tod's accommodations in Hollywood.
6. Explain the circumstances in which Tod met Abe Kusich.
7. How did Tod come to live at the San Bernardino Arms?
8. How does Tod's new friendship with Abe foreshadow what will come for Tod?
9. What is the first physical description the reader gets about Faye?
10. What metaphor does the author use for Tod's impression of getting close to Faye?
11. How confident is Tod that he can get Faye to fall in love with him?
12. What has Tod learned in his relatively brief time in Hollywood?
13. Who is Claude Estee?
14. How does Tod learn about a sporting house?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)