|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gideon doesn't say a thing during his torture because he feels as if God is ____________ him.
2. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
3. What is the eleventh commandment that is taught to the new recruits when they are training?
(a) Forget your family
(b) Listen to the Old Man
(c) Forget your past
(d) Hate your enemy
4. In Hassidic legends, the ______________ is always portrayed standing, according to Elisha's understanding.
5. What is the emotion that Ilana holds for John Dawson, the soldier?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
2. Elisha remembers a story where the nights sometimes allow the sky to open up so that the ____________ of unhappy children can be heard.
3. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
4. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
5. What does the assistant barracks leader try to do to Elisha when he discovers what he has done?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)