|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
2. Elisha's goal is to enroll in a ___________ course at the Sorbonne school.
3. Who comes knocking at Elisha's door just as he is asking questions of the world and his place in it?
(c) David ben Moshe
4. The Jews now go out and _______, just like everyone else, to assert their rights to live as men.
(c) Stand tall
5. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) John Dawson
(c) Terrence Smith
(d) Richard Morton
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha also wants to find out what makes a man most truly a _________ in this world.
2. Where does Elisha not want to return to after he is freed from the camps of the Nazis?
3. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
4. From what concentration camp did Elisha come during the events of World War II?
5. What kinds of lessons does Elisha immerse himself in when he is set up in his new home?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)