|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
2. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
(a) His father's
(b) His own
(c) The rabbi's
(d) The beggar's
3. _____________ movements in Europe protest in front of British embassies.
4. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
(a) Richard Morton
(b) Terrence Smith
(c) John Dawson
(d) David ben Moshe
5. Where does Elisha not want to return to after he is freed from the camps of the Nazis?
(b) His native town
Short Answer Questions
1. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
2. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
3. Elisha is now hearing about Jews, not as ___________, but as fighters who are simply claiming what is theirs.
4. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
5. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)