|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
2. What is the only thing Elisha knows about the man he will be facing the following day?
(a) He is an Englishman
(b) He hates him
(c) He has 2 girls
(d) He is a traitor to their cause
3. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
4. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
5. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
2. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
3. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
4. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
5. Who is the fighter in the Movement who was wounded during a terrorist attack and captured?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)