|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
(a) John Dawson
(b) David ben Moshe
(c) Terrence Smith
(d) Richard Morton
2. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
3. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
4. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
(a) Miliatry government
(b) Trade embargos
(c) 48 hour curfew
(d) Bombing of Palestine
5. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
(b) Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
2. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
3. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
4. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
5. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)