|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) A stayed execution
(b) The death
(c) A speedy trial
(d) A pardon
2. What is the only thing Elisha knows about the man he will be facing the following day?
(a) He hates him
(b) He has 2 girls
(c) He is an Englishman
(d) He is a traitor to their cause
3. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
(b) Old Man
4. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
5. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
2. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
3. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
4. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
5. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)