|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
(a) David ben Moshe
(b) John Dawson
(c) Richard Morton
(d) Terrence Smith
2. The ____________ leaders recommend prudence and implore the Old Man not to go too far.
3. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
4. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
5. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
Short Answer Questions
1. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
2. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
3. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
4. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
5. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)