|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
2. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
3. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
4. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
5. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(a) The Old Man
Short Answer Questions
1. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
2. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
3. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
4. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
5. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)