|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
2. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
(a) His father's
(b) His own
(c) The rabbi's
(d) The beggar's
3. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
(a) John Dawson
(b) David ben Moshe
(c) Richard Morton
(d) Terrence Smith
4. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) Old beggar
(d) Old Man
5. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) The death
(b) A speedy trial
(c) A stayed execution
(d) A pardon
Short Answer Questions
1. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
2. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
3. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
4. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
5. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)