|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
2. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
3. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
4. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
5. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
Short Answer Questions
1. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
2. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
3. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
4. The ____________ leaders recommend prudence and implore the Old Man not to go too far.
5. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)