|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
2. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
3. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
(a) Kill a man
(b) Go home
(c) Take a test
(d) Get married
4. Who is the fighter in the Movement who was wounded during a terrorist attack and captured?
(a) Ilana Porzikov
(b) David ben Moshe
(c) Elisha de Leon
(d) John Dawson
5. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
Short Answer Questions
1. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
2. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
3. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
4. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
5. The beggar tells Elisha not to be afraid of the dark. Night is ____________ than day.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)