|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the fighter in the Movement who was wounded during a terrorist attack and captured?
(a) Ilana Porzikov
(b) Elisha de Leon
(c) John Dawson
(d) David ben Moshe
2. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
3. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
4. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
5. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
(c) Flea market
(d) Outside his home
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the adjectives one might use to describe the city at the time Elisha is experiencing it?
2. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
3. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
4. What does the English army proclaim once they find out that a member of their troops has been captured?
5. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)