|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
2. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
(a) Get married
(b) Kill a man
(c) Take a test
(d) Go home
3. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
4. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
5. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taken as a hostage in order to even the score of Movement fighters who will be executed?
2. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
3. What is the only thing Elisha knows about the man he will be facing the following day?
4. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
5. What does the mysterious figure ask of Elisha when he encounters him in the empty building?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)