|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose face does Elisha see as he is staring out the window during this particular night?
(a) The rabbi's
(b) The beggar's
(c) His own
(d) His father's
2. The ____________ leaders recommend prudence and implore the Old Man not to go too far.
3. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
4. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
5. The High Commissioner of _________ announces that the entire population will be held responsible if the hostage is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day is Elisha looking out the window he is standing by in the building?
2. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
3. Who has had enough of the killings of the Movement fighters and vows to kill one soldier for each Movement fighter executed?
4. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
5. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)