|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
2. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) A stayed execution
(b) A pardon
(c) The death
(d) A speedy trial
3. Where is the crying coming from as Elisha is standing at the window of the building?
4. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
5. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
(a) Kill a man
(b) Go home
(c) Get married
(d) Take a test
Short Answer Questions
1. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
2. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
3. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
4. Every evening, Elisha stands near a window in order to greet the arrival of ___________.
5. The ____________ leaders recommend prudence and implore the Old Man not to go too far.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)