|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In London, Dawson's mother requests _____________ for David ben Moshe in order to save her own son.
(a) A stayed execution
(b) A pardon
(c) A speedy trial
(d) The death
2. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
3. From whom did Elisha learn a lesson when he was a child of twelve?
(a) Old Man
(b) Old beggar
(c) His mother
(d) His father
4. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
(a) The Old Man
5. When the people learn the entire population will be held responsible, the word _________ begins to be whispered by the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisha have to do the following day that is making him pensive during this evening?
2. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
3. Who is the fighter in the Movement who was wounded during a terrorist attack and captured?
4. The Old Man believes the English only respect one thing. What is that one thing?
5. David ben Moshe's death sentence is the __________ death sentence the mandatory power in Palestine has imposed on the people of the Movement.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)