|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
(b) Outside his home
(c) Flea market
2. Elisha is usually uneasy about beggars who inspire in him mingled feelings of _________ and fear.
3. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
4. Who freed Elisha from the concentration camps, though he did not take them up on their offer to help?
5. In what area does Elisha spend time in a youth camp after moving to his new country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisha is now hearing about Jews, not as ___________, but as fighters who are simply claiming what is theirs.
2. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
3. An hour earlier, who relayed the decision of the Old Man to Elisha?
4. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
5. Every evening, Elisha has never failed to see a __________ when he stands at the window.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)