|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Old Man believes they cannot back away from their plans or the __________ will then seem weak to the outside world.
2. Where does Elisha encounter the old beggar who tells him a story he has not forgotten?
(a) Outside his home
(d) Flea market
3. The leaders of England feel that a pardon will be interpreted as a sign of ____________ and that it will encourage other young idealists.
4. If one sees a __________, then night has succeed the day, for night has a face.
5. Elisha is now hearing about Jews, not as ___________, but as fighters who are simply claiming what is theirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what season does the opening section of the novel take place?
2. How is David ben Moshe scheduled to die according to the judgment of military law?
3. The ____________ leaders recommend prudence and implore the Old Man not to go too far.
4. Elisha feels uneasy with Gad's sense of __________ and his knowledge about Elisha.
5. One can distinguish between night and day by looking at a man's ___________, according to the beggar.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)