|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 61 | Chapter 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
2. Who does David first visit when he returns after his travels abroad?
(b) Mrs. Steerforth.
(d) Miss Betsey.
3. What does Peggotty object to?
(a) David going to school.
(b) Miss Betsey moving in.
(c) Working late.
(d) Mr. Murdstone courting David's mother.
4. What happens when Miss Betsey privately speaks with a man on the street who obviously disturbs her?
(a) She slaps the man.
(b) She cries to David about it.
(c) She returns agitated, with most of the money in her purse gone.
(d) She does not talk to a man on the street who obviously disturbs her.
5. How does Rosa Dartle react to Steerforth's death?
(a) She admits that she is pregnant with Steerforth's child.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She is glad he is dead.
(d) She declares her love for Steerforth and her anger at Mrs. Steerforth for making him what he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
2. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
3. Who makes preparations to go to Australia in Chapter 55?
4. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
5. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)