|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 61 | Chapter 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the suspicious person at Steerforth's house unable to obtain information from David?
(a) He has none to offer.
(b) He is stubborn.
(c) He does not want to tell her.
(d) He does provide information.
2. Where is Jack Maldon going away to work?
3. Two days later, how does David feel about his behavior to Agnes while he was drunk?
(a) He does not care.
(b) He laughs about it.
(c) He is embarrassed and seeks forgiveness.
(d) He never gets drunk.
4. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
5. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
(a) Saving for a house.
(b) His will.
(c) Finishing a book.
(d) Buying an engagement ring for Agnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Littimer bring Miss Mowcher to Steerforth?
2. How is David's mother's health affected by her marriage?
3. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
4. What happens while David is in Yarmouth with Peggotty?
5. When Ham arrives at the Peggotty home without Emily, what does he secretly tell David?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)