|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 61 | Chapter 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hits Uriah Heep?
(b) Mrs. Strong.
(c) Jack Maldon.
(d) Dr. Strong.
2. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
(a) Because she is tired of living.
(b) Because she hates her husband.
(c) Because she misses her father.
(d) Because David still loves her, whereas in ten years he would grow bitter because she will never improve and become a better wife.
3. In Chapter 50, who summons David and takes him to a rooming house in London?
(d) Rosa Dartle.
4. Who comes to stay with David's family?
(a) Miss Betsey, David's great aunt.
(b) Miss Murdstone, Mr. Murdstone's sister.
(c) Steerforth, David's friend.
(d) Mr. Creakle, the headmaster from Salem House.
5. What does David buy with his extra income in Chapter 43?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A new horse.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) An apprenticeship.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miss Mowcher arrives at the Peggotty house, what does she explain that she first suspected?
2. Why does David refrain from telling Agnes that he loves her in Chapter 60?
3. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
4. During David's tea outing, who passes the house so that David is forced to introduce him to his hosts?
5. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)