|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 61 | Chapter 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tommy Traddles boarding with?
(a) The Micawber family.
(d) The Peggotty family.
2. What career move does David make in Chapter 48?
(a) He publishes his first novel, and it is very successful.
(b) He gives up on having a career.
(c) He takes orders and becomes a member of the clergy.
(d) He returns to school to become a lawyer.
3. Where does Steerforth stay while in Yarmouth?
(a) An inn.
(b) The Rookery.
(c) With Peggotty's family.
(d) On the street.
4. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
(a) Steerforth and Littimer.
(b) Traddles and Sophie.
(c) Mrs. Steerforth and Rosa Dartle.
(d) Miss Betsey and Mr. Dick.
5. What does David resolve to do to escape his horrible life?
(a) Run away and find his aunt, Miss Betsey Trotwood.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To flee to America.
(d) To become very educated and find a better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
2. Who are the most penitent prisoners at Mr. Creakle's experimental prison?
3. What worries Agnes in Chapter 35?
4. What is the name of Steerforth's butler?
5. In Chapter 46, as David passes the Steerforth house, who asks to speak with him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)