|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 61 | Chapter 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds work as Uriah Heep's clerk in Canterbury?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. Wickfield.
(c) Mr. Micawber.
2. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
(d) Salem House.
3. Why does Dora state that it is better for her to die now?
(a) Because she is tired of living.
(b) Because she hates her husband.
(c) Because she misses her father.
(d) Because David still loves her, whereas in ten years he would grow bitter because she will never improve and become a better wife.
4. Why does Mrs. Micawber suggest her husband take out an advertisement?
(a) To find their missing daughter.
(b) To complain about Uriah Heep.
(c) To find a house.
(d) To advertise his skill and ask for employment.
5. What idea does David express as he leaves Steerforth's house in Chapter 29?
(a) That Rosa Dartle loves Steerforth.
(b) That he will never see Steerforth again.
(c) That Mrs. Steerforth is a bad person.
(d) That Littimer belongs in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Steerforth come from when he arrives after David's dinner party with the Micawbers and Traddles?
2. What does David often do while staying in Yarmouth?
3. Who does David first visit when he returns after his travels abroad?
4. How long after his father's death is David born?
5. Who does Ham see talking with Emily in town before she runs away?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)