|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 61 | Chapter 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Murdstones arrive at Miss Betsey's house and express their intentions to treat David as they wish, what does Miss Betsey tell them?
(a) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they will not ruin David as they ruined his mother.
(b) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that she will kill them if they do not leave immediately.
(c) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones to take David away immediately.
(d) Miss Betsey tells the Murdstones that they should beat David for running away.
2. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
(a) Finishing a book.
(b) Buying an engagement ring for Agnes.
(c) His will.
(d) Saving for a house.
3. What is the status of Dora's illness in Chapter 53?
(a) Dora is completely better.
(b) Little hope of recovery.
(c) Much better.
(d) Dora is dead.
4. How does Mr. Spenlow celebrate David's official apprenticeship?
(a) By offering to let him marry Mr. Spenlow's daughter.
(b) By giving him money.
(c) By inviting him to spend the weekend at his house and introducing David to his daughter, Dora.
(d) By sending him to prison.
5. What does Mr. Creakle threaten his students with in order to retain order?
(b) Calling their parents.
(c) Not feeding them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dora's friend inform David of?
2. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
3. What does Miss Betsey hint to David in Chapter 60?
4. What career move does David make in Chapter 48?
5. What is the major problem in David and Dora's marriage?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)