|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 61 | Chapter 62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David live when he goes to London to work?
(a) With Steerforth.
(b) With the Wickfields.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a spare room belonging to the Micawber family.
2. Where does Miss Betsey decide to send David to school?
(a) Salem House.
3. What does David work on in Chapter 61?
(a) Buying an engagement ring for Agnes.
(b) Finishing a book.
(c) Saving for a house.
(d) His will.
4. How does Dora react when she learns of the change in David's financial circumstances?
(a) She breaks off their engagement.
(b) She begs David never to mention poverty or hard work to her again.
(c) She tells him that she loves him too much for financial matters to concern her.
(d) She tells him that she is marrying someone else.
5. What is the name of the carriage driver who wants to marry Peggotty?
(a) Mr. Micawber.
(b) Mr. Murdstone.
(c) Mr. Barkis.
(d) Mr. Creakle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David find the London school closed?
2. Who begins to court David's mother?
3. Who does Miss Betsey allow to live with her to avoid being taken to a mental institution?
4. What does Miss Betsey decide to do about David?
5. What does David learn about Emily shortly after arriving in Yarmouth?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)